Likes 2.0

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Hi ED,

Could you please increase the daily maximum quota for Likes to give to, say...an extra 10, perhaps?

Recently, there have been too many awesome posts being posted.

I do reply to some of them, but then I also feel the need to let the poster know that I like what they've said. Sort of my way of saying thank you or a seal or stamp of approval.

like-logo.jpg

8499889901_f81fc65d25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same way.  If I am on frequently 2 days in a row I run out of likes.  

We should also be able to dislike stuff.  Maybe an unlimited number of dislikes... :p ;) :D

Was a joke, but I don't mind trouble.  I want unlimited dislikes so I can dislike everything.

I would like more Likes too.  I think Dislikes would be fine, and that supposedly negative opinions shouldn't be any more filtered or anonymous than supposedly positive opinions.  I don't like how it's done on Youtube because dislikes can cancel likes, and the numbers actually cause stuff to happen, but since it means nothing but epeen here and we can see who feels whichever way they feel, both should be fine.

I would like more Likes too.  I think Dislikes would be fine, and that supposedly negative opinions shouldn't be any more filtered or anonymous than supposedly positive opinions.  I don't like how it's done on Youtube because dislikes can cancel likes, and the numbers actually cause stuff to happen, but since it means nothing but epeen here and we can see who feels whichever way they feel, both should be fine.
I don't have enough likes to "like" this.

Sorry I have wasted all the readers' time about the dislike thing.  That wasn't a serious suggestion.  The dislike option we currently have works fine (reply with why you dislike it, or a short comment/emoticon).  Like serves other purposes, such as telling someone "yes, I read this" or as a pat on the back.  It also cuts down on the short replies that serve the same purpose.

I always run out of likes.

Also...

dislikes can cancel likes, and the numbers actually cause stuff to happen,
Could you please elaborate on this?
Such as ratings, and how some sites move the posts with a lot of positives to the top, and those with negatives down.  I don't know how it works on youtube, and don't really care.

I've run out of likes now too :(
I dislike this.

dislikes can cancel likes, and the numbers actually cause stuff to happen,
Could you please elaborate on this?
On Youtube we can't see which name decided to thumbsup/down a comment, I think that's because there are zillions of accounts so individual names don't matter at all.  There aren't separate numbers for thumbs up and thumbs down stats though, just one rating determined by both, so a comment that ten people thought was excellent and ten people hated is displayed just the same as a boring comment nobody had any strong opinion about.  Also if comments receive enough dislikes they'll be hidden, I'm not sure but I think they might completely vanish sometimes too.  Dark terrible stuff which I'm glad doesn't go on here.

... The dislike option we currently have works fine (reply with why you dislike it, or a short comment/emoticon).  Like serves other purposes, such as telling someone "yes, I read this" or as a pat on the back.  It also cuts down on the short replies that serve the same purpose.
That's a really good point, reminds me of art site add-to-favorites functions.  Yeah, maybe Dislikes are unnecessary enough.

Edit: I've edited this post four times now so I guess I should add an edit tag.

@Tenka

I guess you're right there. I mean, there's a lot of money making and business in YouTube.

Also, I must admit that I have disliked a YouTube vid for no reason but to balance life.

I don't wanna see a vid on YT that has 1500 like and 0 dislikes, so I'll try to put the Ying in Yang and hope that others follow...

I know, I'm a bad person.

Discussing about likes? 

Thats like a new level of retardedness. 

Back