Lik-sang.com Closes Down

Or alternatively you could be one of the conpsiracy-theorist sheep visiting prisonplanet et al.

Calling people sheep is a nonsense as everyone acts in some way or other in exactly the same way as another person, so we are all part of different flocks depending on which direction you come at it.

And i'm pretty sure that PEOPLE are everything not principles, and anyone who puts principles before people is very very misguided or very very young.

Alex. posted on Oct 26 2006 at 12:36 PM said:
kraft posted on Oct 25 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this new "global" world which is dictated to by corporate interest, capitalism will triumph over democracy and freedom. You better wake-up boys and girls, before it's too late. They're already rewritting the definition of slavery, and you will NOT see the ball-and-chain with this one. You will simply have no liberties which do not benefit some corporation or another.

For anyone who has a gutting sense of outrage on this Sony/Lik-Sang story, start by following the white rabbit to these links:-

http://www.PrisonPlanet.com
http://www.Infowars.com

If you don't get the significance and refuse to join the dots, well, just return to sleep and enjoy your freedom while you can.

As Pascal said in the Lik-Sang Out of Business post: "It’s the beginning of the end... of the World as we know it" because these people are just getting out of hand now.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Everything today is commercial, from thoughts to opinions to acts. If you really dislike Sony, then don't be a bloody hypocrite and still buy a PS3, stick to your fucking principles, as they're all you have that define you as a person. Principles are everything, and if you can't even stick to those, you might as well put a collar around your neck and follow the other sheep.

- Alex

Dick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cervante posted on Oct 25 2006 at 06:41 PM said:
:eek: dude , its mega frogger bros...pac man is uncalled for

I stand corrected! <_<

TheMinder posted on Oct 26 2006 at 07:52 AM said:
Or alternatively you could be one of the conpsiracy-theorist sheep visiting prisonplanet et al.
Yea, you got my number.

Calling people sheep is a nonsense as everyone acts in some way or other in exactly the same way as another person, so we are all part of different flocks depending on which direction you come at it.
Give me a break, of course nobody is unique, that's not what I meant at all. It's just that everybody should think for themselves, and not just do what the picture box tells them to. It pisses me off seeing people say things like "Oh, I hate Sony, fucking Sony, but I'm buying a PS3 anyway, just to stick it to them."

And i'm pretty sure that PEOPLE are everything not principles, and anyone who puts principles before people is very very misguided or very very young.
I never said put principles above people, where'd you get that from? I meant principles are everything on a local scale - they're your opinion, your beliefs, and why should you not hold on to them?

- Alex

DarkMetroid posted on Oct 24 2006 at 10:17 PM said:
piemaster posted on Oct 24 2006 at 04:04 PM said:
DarkMetroid posted on Oct 24 2006 at 08:48 PM said:
There are other online gp2x retailers around. No one has to rely on shady Lik-Sang. Sony has every right to control the ability to who, and where they distribute their products to, and to ensure nothing illegal would be done with them as in the ability of playing pirated games. Not you, or I, or Lik-Sang.

What does Lik-Sang have to do with pirated games we're talking about importing Sony should know they'll never be able to stop piracy they just want to stop people in the EU getting an decent priced game or console.

It's not just Sony fans they've pissed off it's all the microsoft, nintendo, and even GP2X fans aswell.

Its a very well known fact they sell, and advertise 1.5 psp's, and many other modifications for other systems giving them the ability to play, and run pirated software. Which Sony, and everyone else knows. Kinda hard not to do nothing about it when its in your face. It may be true piracy may never be stopped, but so are many other things. Just because it can't be stopped doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Sony is just doing there job, running a business. If you can't see that then uninstall your anti-virus because viruses will never be stopped anytime soon, and shutdown your firewall while you're at it. :p

ehm.. i run no antivirus or firewall, but thats besides the point. at some point, all vendors basically sold 1.5 psp's, and why is it that liksang must not do that? oh wait, sony are trying to put restrictions on what you can do with your hardware, what will be next? perhaps you are not allowed to drink your cola yourself? they act as if all psp's belong to them, and you are only renting it. and it has to be stopped

Jarska333 posted on Oct 25 2006 at 12:37 AM said:
Heh, class-action suit against Sony, perhaps. Though, I can't think of any actuall charges... But that's what lawyers are for. ;)

I'd see a boycott by me essentially punishing myself for Sony's blunders. I like games.
or perhaps you are showing that you arent just some clueless moron that buys whatever they throw out?

TheMinder posted on Oct 25 2006 at 06:10 PM said:
I'm pretty shocked at this outpouring of grief for a commercial enterprise whose one and only concern was making as much money as it could, they certainly didn't do anything out of the goodness of their kind hearts or to support any "scene".

I wonder how many smaller ventures will have been forced out of the marketplace because of the size of Lik-Sang (and hence the prices they could offer etc) and how many tears were shed over them ?

None would be my guess, apart from by the owners of said small ventures.

Business is business is business.
a business may be a business, but how you run it matters a great deal, sony deserve to be closed and the people in charge put out to live on the streets for many of their acts.

It's not like this was unexpected. Sony will sue anybody who might endanger their business in any way at all. It's Sony's fault that modchips are illegal in the UK, y'know.

As for me, I don't buy Sony products anyway, because they're generally expensive trash. The whole Lik-Sang thing doesn't change that.

Also, Sony may be justified in doing this, possibly (I'm not a giant corporation, I wouldn't know), but how it's going to help their PR after a series of frankly disappointing shows and several other incidents I don't know.

Even before lik-sank had to close, I was already mad at sony. The ps3 delays, their policy with the psp (for example, not letting people play a full res video) are things that I can't stand.
So when I read that people will boycott the ps3, well I have to say I agree, and I will also. But I have to say, it's not only because of that, but also because I don't want to always play the same games, the same that were on the ps2 or psp, with better visuals. And I don't want to pay that much for that.
What I hope is that more people will make sony understand that a game is not a commercial idea, which leads to a development. A game is an idea, which is developed, and then commercialized. As long as sony won't get that, I won't be buying sony products any more. Simply because it's not interesting.
So I'll buy a wii, I'll save some money and get more fun.

However, lik-sang was a cool online shop, ran by cool people, who supported the gp32, gp2x... I remember receiving a package from them, 2 years ago, which contained a ping pong game for the tv, action figures and other stuff. I didn't ordered anything so I contacted them, and they told me it was for a gp32 dev contest. So you can imagine how I was surprised, a good surprise. I gave all the stuff to my nephew and niece, they were pleased. This will never happen anymore. Thanks to sony.

I'm pretty sure Lik-Sang knew the risks...

Sony have brought a lot of very nice technology into the world, and seem to be one of the few companies that actually employ people to design things properly, both in terms of looks and features... (Clié, Minidisc, PS...)

On the other hand, Vaio and Memory Stick are awful, awful things to bring into the world.

mATkEUpON posted on Oct 26 2006 at 09:40 AM said:
However, lik-sang was a cool online shop, ran by cool people, who supported the gp32, gp2x... I remember receiving a package from them, 2 years ago, which contained a ping pong game for the tv, action figures and other stuff. I didn't ordered anything so I contacted them, and they told me it was for a gp32 dev contest. So you can imagine how I was surprised, a good surprise. I gave all the stuff to my nephew and niece, they were pleased. This will never happen anymore. Thanks to sony.
EVERONE KEEPS SAYING HOW LIK SANG WILL BE MISSED. THEY'RE A CORPORATION AND WILL BE BACK UNDER ANOTHER NAME. ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*explodes with frustration*

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 26 2006 at 03:38 PM said:
mATkEUpON posted on Oct 26 2006 at 09:40 AM said:
EVERONE KEEPS SAYING HOW LIK SANG WILL BE MISSED. THEY'RE A CORPORATION AND WILL BE BACK UNDER ANOTHER NAME. ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*explodes with frustration*
Shush! Don't tell them! Not until after they have boycotted sony, atleast.

Now Play-Asia will not ship any Sony related games, consoles or accessories to Europe, you can't even get a Hori screen protector for PSP.

Damn Sony are scum, forget just boycotting there products now I feel like doing a Postal on there London HQ.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 26 2006 at 04:38 PM said:
EVERONE KEEPS SAYING HOW LIK SANG WILL BE MISSED. THEY'RE A CORPORATION AND WILL BE BACK UNDER ANOTHER NAME.

Well, I hope. But then, what will they sell ??? keychains ?? What will prevent nintendo from doing the same from now on ??? You don't seem to get how important that decision was... It really is the end of import for europe.

mATkEUpON posted on Oct 26 2006 at 12:55 PM said:
EVERONE KEEPS SAYING HOW LIK SANG WILL BE MISSED. THEY'RE A CORPORATION AND WILL BE BACK UNDER ANOTHER NAME.

Well, I hope. But then, what will they sell ??? keychains ?? What will prevent nintendo from doing the same from now on ??? You don't seem to get how important that decision was... It really is the end of import for europe.
Nintendo wont do the same, because they see the kind of bad PR sony's getting and wouldnt do the same to themselves. I really wont worry about this, they'll return and continue to scam and overcharge people all over the word- minus sony stuff of course.

sony dosent really care about the european market, they find europeans gay...its true...ive heard it from a sony rep.... :p....but seriously UK has been screwed over big time

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 26 2006 at 06:26 PM said:
mATkEUpON posted on Oct 26 2006 at 12:55 PM said:

Nintendo wont do the same, because they see the kind of bad PR sony's getting and wouldnt do the same to themselves. I really wont worry about this, they'll return and continue to scam and overcharge people all over the word- minus sony stuff of course.
Scam and overcharge? It is often cheaper to import games from LikSang and even hardware than buy in the UK. I sincerely hope they do come back, since I want to be able t buy metal dance mats when I finally live somewhere I can use them...

PokeParadox posted on Oct 26 2006 at 07:30 PM said:
Scam and overcharge? It is often cheaper to import games from LikSang and even hardware than buy in the UK. I sincerely hope they do come back, since I want to be able t buy metal dance mats when I finally live somewhere I can use them...

why don't you join your local YMCA club. The fellas there will bend-over backwards to help young homeless boys like yourself.

Back