Lik-sang.com Closes Down

There are far too many ways to get a 1.5 PSP other than lik-sang.com if you need to. In Hong Kong you can find one easily - they are even flooding the second hand shops and some have even to be re-exported to SE Asia. (IIRC when I read the magazines here)

Oh, of course, that's up to you on how to get one for yourself.

If Sony has to do it serious, I think many many shops which are also selling latest version of PSPs, softs, accessories, etc. will need to be closed down.

Put it simply, I'll just say it's ridiculous, and lik sang is the one to be sacrificed.

[Me? Don't like, not hate, and I still love my MiniDisc player. The TCO of a PSP is just too high for me.]

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 24 2006 at 07:16 PM said:
lol some of these comments are awesome

too bad im buying a new psp game next week :lol:

..BURM EM AT THE STAKE..WITCH I TELLS YA A WITCH!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The URL will likely be the same as they will have made sure the URL was not owned by them, only leased.

Liksang current version is really called 'Pacific gaming technology' since liksang ltd went bust a couple of years ago.

The new one will be called something else, but still be liksang.com

I Hate Sony`s Policy too.
But, remember, Sega did the same some time ago (closed sites with roms etc) And Megadrive/Genesis still one of my favorite consoles, so... i cant hate their products and cant tell, that i`ll never buy from them.

I nave Sony Boombox. And love it so much, because of its possibility to remember programmed songs at sleep mode. I tried many, but this is only one, that can wake me up by preliminary programmed tracks. Not just from the first one, like others boomboxes.

Redeeman posted on Oct 24 2006 at 08:13 PM said:
i wonder how many of those here that says "ill never buy from sony again" actually has the guts to stand by it.

The last thing i bought from sony was the original playstation console in 96, the fist edition. Sony games are cool, its the 'i want to make the biggest profit i can' even if they are already the biggest game company out there! Imagine a world with only one or two consoles... oops! where almost there yet!

Then gaming will suck like hell!

Cruel posted on Oct 25 2006 at 03:11 AM said:
I Hate Sony`s Policy too.
But, remember, Sega did the same some time ago (closed sites with roms etc) And Megadrive/Genesis still one of my favorite consoles, so... i cant hate their products and cant tell, that i`ll never buy from them.

I nave Sony Boombox. And love it so much, because of its possibility to remember programmed songs at sleep mode. I tried many, but this is only one, that can wake me up by preliminary programmed tracks. Not just from the first one, like others boomboxes.

I think sega has re-deem themselves by over feeding us with retarted add ons instead of creating something new...like:

Sega CD
32X
PICO
Nomad
Sega Gen 3

Also the price tag on the saturn was incredibly stupid as well..

Sega dreamcast was definatly a gamers console, for that I respect them for fighting back ..Sony on the other hand, hell no they gave us something good at the begging and now their treating us like they just stepped on some dog poo..

Lot of pages already so I can't add much.. but I liked Lik-Sang; got a bunch of GP32 games (in boxes!) from them back in the day, and ordered some whacky flash carts for SNES and TG16 and such, and various things. Good bunch of fellas. I think I'm going to try importing some crazy stuff from Brazil soon, too :p

One of these days I need to scan the last years news for Sony.. the sheer volume of total bullshit they've done this year boggles the mind. The arrogance, the stupidity, the exploding battieres, the trojan .. amazing.

Screw 'em; I've got a PSP, and its a good kit really, but there'll never be another Sony console, stereo component, TV, anything in this house, thats for sure.. We're going Wii next gen, if we dive into that gen at all.

The main reason we got a PS2 was for the DVD player.. if the GC had a DVD player (North American model), we'd have taken that instead. Heres to hoping the Wii has a DVD player..

jeff

I'm pretty shocked at this outpouring of grief for a commercial enterprise whose one and only concern was making as much money as it could, they certainly didn't do anything out of the goodness of their kind hearts or to support any "scene".

I wonder how many smaller ventures will have been forced out of the marketplace because of the size of Lik-Sang (and hence the prices they could offer etc) and how many tears were shed over them ?

None would be my guess, apart from by the owners of said small ventures.

Business is business is business.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 24 2006 at 07:34 PM said:
That's precidely what I said. But I guess we're the only ones who are intelligent enough here to come to that conclusion ;)

I think everyone is just spinning this out, waiting until GPH's competition winners are revealed and we can all go out and buy that "super pac man" clone thats going to win it :lol:

winapa posted on Oct 25 2006 at 12:42 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 24 2006 at 07:34 PM said:
That's precidely what I said. But I guess we're the only ones who are intelligent enough here to come to that conclusion ;)

I think everyone is just spinning this out, waiting until GPH's competition winners are revealed and we can all go out and buy that "super pac man" clone thats going to win it :lol:

:eek: dude , its mega frogger bros...pac man is uncalled for

piemaster posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:20 PM said:
The thing Sony need to realize is if they stop drive you away from importing they will be pushing you towards piracy instead.
With Lik-Sang being the first to go other import sites are next.
Next it will be no shops are allowed to sell any Sony products you will only be able to buy them at a Sony centre shop.

SONY YOU BASTARDS.

actually funny you mentioned that, i was just thinking to myself, "well now i'm gonna flash my PSP down to 1.5"

In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this new "global" world which is dictated to by corporate interest, capitalism will triumph over democracy and freedom. You better wake-up boys and girls, before it's too late. They're already rewritting the definition of slavery, and you will NOT see the ball-and-chain with this one. You will simply have no liberties which do not benefit some corporation or another.

For anyone who has a gutting sense of outrage on this Sony/Lik-Sang story, start by following the white rabbit to these links:-

http://www.PrisonPlanet.com
http://www.Infowars.com

If you don't get the significance and refuse to join the dots, well, just return to sleep and enjoy your freedom while you can.

As Pascal said in the Lik-Sang Out of Business post: "It’s the beginning of the end... of the World as we know it" because these people are just getting out of hand now.

kraft posted on Oct 25 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this new "global" world which is dictated to by corporate interest, capitalism will triumph over democracy and freedom. You better wake-up boys and girls, before it's too late. They're already rewritting the definition of slavery, and you will NOT see the ball-and-chain with this one. You will simply have no liberties which do not benefit some corporation or another.

For anyone who has a gutting sense of outrage on this Sony/Lik-Sang story, start by following the white rabbit to these links:-

http://www.PrisonPlanet.com
http://www.Infowars.com

If you don't get the significance and refuse to join the dots, well, just return to sleep and enjoy your freedom while you can.

As Pascal said in the Lik-Sang Out of Business post: "It’s the beginning of the end... of the World as we know it" because these people are just getting out of hand now.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Everything today is commercial, from thoughts to opinions to acts. If you really dislike Sony, then don't be a bloody hypocrite and still buy a PS3, stick to your fucking principles, as they're all you have that define you as a person. Principles are everything, and if you can't even stick to those, you might as well put a collar around your neck and follow the other sheep.

- Alex

Back