Lets Talk Usb Accessories!

please vote the following

• Accelerometer!!! tilting he device for steering rulez!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • A camera ofcource, i wanna use my pandora for everything!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A simtray for bothering people with prankcalls :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GPS device, why not use it for on the road?

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • TV tuner.(maby a little big)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • FM-Radio, becouse you dont have internet everywhere!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Fingerprint scanner, the ultimate way to boot up the pandora!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A extra battery of about 1000~2000 spare mah.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
Ok, ive read that a 3g usb stick is working already, but what about creating a usb all-in-one device for the pandora? what we miss the most?
the pandora is a great device, but maby we can create a all in one usb stick for it.
i will make a poll with what you want to see the most. maby some guys can then make a 3 in 1 kit where we pay for. like camera(2mp at least), accelerometer(like iphone), and a simtray. those are my top 3 ^^.
il make the poll now, so vote what you'd like the most.
If we vote and pay enough, maby someone will make it, so please vote :)
i have put the most logcial choices in the poll. maby you want a printer or something in it but thats not something that can be made that small.

This is a great idea for extending the pandora capabilities even more, without buying 5 usb products or so.
( i searched for some words using the search button but didnt came up with a topic like this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that thread a little useless if we can't choose multiple options?

I usually ignore stupid polls, but on the pandora forums, they are damn annoying.

Can't the forum be set up, so that every poll has to be approved by a mod before it's activated?

'conso' said:
I usually ignore stupid polls, but on the pandora forums, they are damn annoying.

Can't the forum be set up, so that every poll has to be approved by a mod before it's activated?
why the heck is this a stopid poll? we just keep on dreaming :)
just vote your favorite please ;)

because this forum doesn't allow multiple answers :p
also, you missed both gprs and umts.

I don't know if you noticed but obviously this thread is just to pass the time so there's no need to call "stopid" thread...

May I advertise here borgqueenx? ok:
Please read my sig. I see some of you still have bugs in your posts. note this ' Just one apostrophe! ;)

Thanks.

I need an UMTS option in the poll. Also I think that it would be a better idea not to include several add-ons in one standard usb stick but to make the stick as small as possible.

Accelerometer!!!
I guess most apps will just not support it anyway (like the GP2X F200 touchscreen). Also, it would be okay for me to switch the screen orientation via a button.

A camera
Well, maybe I would take a snapshot occasionally. But I do not think it is important enough to burden myself with a usb stick to have this feature.

A simtray
To make phone calls? Would that really work?

GPS device
Would it work with google maps?

TV tuner
Yes, why not.

FM-Radio
As far as I know, there are usb sticks with an built-in FM-radio which work without a host. So no need to use it with the Pandora.

Fingerprint scanner
Just use a password.

A extra battery of about 1000~2000 spare mah.
I thought the Pandora already had 8 hours+ of battery life which is enough to get a headache from staring at 4,7" screen in bad posture for hours.

first thing that i do is buy usb hub and connect my mouse and keyboard to pandora :)

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I would totally keep a GPS device in my pants for emergencies.
If it's about flash-drive-sized.

Extra battery? Well that would actually use the other USB port, and it's not like the Pandora needs more battery.
I could simply bring my inverter, wall charger, and pair of 12-volt, 7.5-amp-hour deep cycle lead-acids if I need MOAR battery.

Accelerometers are a stupid gimmick, those would end up in my closet collecting dust after maybe half an hour.

Television is so pathetic that I won't even watch it on my regular TV.

A cell phone extension would be great, but cell phones kinda confuse me. I'd have to ask my brother how it works, he seems to be good with them.

Cameras also aren't worth it. I just don't really take pictures of anything. Maybe if it was small, I would keep it in a cargo pocket next to the GPS device, but I mostly likely wouldn't even bother.

'Balzac2m' said:
Isn't that thread a little useless if we can't choose multiple options?
Yes, but there's no Pandora off-topic forum and I'm bored.

I would have also voted for a USB flash drive, since they're pretty cheap for 8GB now, PCs can read them, and they're easier to come by than SD cards. Maybe. I forget. Newegg has some good ones, and I think they're a bit faster than SD. I'll have to run some tests.

MiniSinisterMinister and lulzfish dont say you wont like one of those extra features :) im also not someone who would make pictures fast, but maby when im on holiday or somewhere else, id like to take a photo:)

and a fingerprint scanner would also be very cool. push your finger on it, green led begins to light up and pandora boots up^^.

Instead of a TV Tuner, why not use something like Orb?

A camera would awesome, but Wouldnt buy a usb for that...

I'd definetly had loved to see an accelerometer and gps

guys, i have searched for a good solar panel on DX, for not to much dollars, and this is what i found:
CODE
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4923

will this work on the pandora? :)

Had to vote for GPS, but it will be much better if a mobile phone with integrated GPS could be used through Bluetooth... And a phone as 3G -modem through BT is a must.

Does anybody know of a good tv tuner it has to be very small and one the Pandora can use. Linux compatible.I want to see if it will fit on the docking station i am designing it has to fit in there along with the gps usb hub the battery usb flash drive 3g modem and just for fun a accelerometer.It can be no more that 9mm thick.

'trats20050' said:
Does anybody know of a good tv tuner it has to be very small and one the Pandora can use. Linux compatible.I want to see if it will fit on the docking station i am designing it has to fit in there along with the gps usb hub the battery usb flash drive 3g modem and just for fun a accelerometer.It can be no more that 9mm thick.
yes. exept for the antenna that needs to be connected. its long ya know.

weird that the most people so far have voted for a gps. i was hoping the accelerometer, it rulez!

Back