Lets Talk Usb Accessories!

please vote the following

• Accelerometer!!! tilting he device for steering rulez!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • A camera ofcource, i wanna use my pandora for everything!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A simtray for bothering people with prankcalls :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GPS device, why not use it for on the road?

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • TV tuner.(maby a little big)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • FM-Radio, becouse you dont have internet everywhere!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Fingerprint scanner, the ultimate way to boot up the pandora!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A extra battery of about 1000~2000 spare mah.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

'Username' said:
Accelerometers piss me off. Also, what use would it have?
what devices have you had that piss you off because of the accelerometer .Also please explain why they piss you off. I think the biggest use is for games.

Last edited by a moderator:
trats20050 said:
'Username' said:
Accelerometers piss me off. Also, what use would it have?
what devices have you had that piss you off because of the accelerometer .Also please explain why they piss you off. I think the biggest use is for games.

yes, the biggest use is for games as is evidenced by nearly every iphone game being completely casual (thats not always a bad thing but not substantial) or ultra shitty. Not to mention, if someone made a USB device for it (which I doubt will happen, anyway. besides, i dont think its possible to fit half that shit you want in their and still not go over power consumption), the already small pandora userbase would have an even smaller percentage that owned the addon and so chances are you would only see one or two games with it anyawy. and they would probably be crappy.

i love to use the accelerometer for steering in racing games. and for a maze game, and for screen orientation(but thats not needed on the pandora)
i love those 2 functions about the accelerometer.

Accelerometer: Since it's not standard with every Pandora, not everyone would have it. How many developers do you think would write a game to support this custom device for so few people?

A camera: A usb camera would only seem like an awkward appendage to the Pandora. And what kind of quality will you get from this, that you can't already get from a decent digital camera that already has a USB port for file transfer? Honestly you can have a 1,500 petapixel camera, but if it's got a crappy lens, that's your weakest link. Sorry, I'm an amateur photographer and I believe that how serious a person is about photography is proportional to how close to their face they hold their camera.

i wanna use my pandora for everything!
So that you lose everything if your Pandora breaks or gets stolen?

A simtray: Again, I'm of the opinion that all-in-one devices also die all at once. And you rarely get quality components for all of them.

GPS device: Many people have talked about this one.

TV tuner:: If combined with a video capture device as well, why not? Use it as a Pandora Video Recorder (PVR).

FM-Radio:: I would almost see this as a combined feature of the TV tuner. QUOTE
becouse you dont have internet everywhere!
What's wrong with MP3s?

Fingerprint scanner: Hmm. What happens when it's not connected?

extra battery: Interesting.

Accelerometer: Since it's not standard with every Pandora, not everyone would have it. How many developers do you think would write a game to support this custom device for so few people?

adding accelerometer support is not gonna be hard. if you move left right with a car, make the accerometer do that as well. just replace the steering keys with the accelerometer.
Fingerprint scanner: Hmm. What happens when it's not connected?

you got me on that one :p

no-one likes simtray?i voted!
simtray is the most useful of them all, cos no-one will need a phone for anything then, and the panda will not only be a UMPC/handheld gaming device/linux pc/refrigerator/mp3 player/video player/radioactive broccoli, it will be a full PDA! the more pocket space your pandora liberates,the better!

'sverm' said:
A usb camera would only seem like an awkward appendage to the Pandora. And what kind of quality will you get from this, th
The kind of quality where I don't need an extra pocket to carry my camera.
My camera is thicker than the Pandora by quite a bit. Having a small USB webcam-type thing would be excellent, as I'm not serious about photography at all anyway.

'sverm' said:
What's wrong with MP3s?
You had to ask....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_format
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#Licensing_and_patent_issues

It seems that in 2005 alone, some company made 100 million pounds just for being the ones to invent MP3.
Seems kind of a lot, considering how little it costs for the idea to be copied endlessly. I mean, they only thought of it once, and they're probably going to make huge amounts of money until the patent expires. Can you re-new patents?

'borgqueenx' said:
Ok, ive read that a 3g usb stick is working already, but what about creating a usb all-in-one device for the pandora? what we miss the most?
the pandora is a great device, but maby we can create a all in one usb stick for it.
i will make a poll with what you want to see the most. maby some guys can then make a 3 in 1 kit where we pay for. like camera(2mp at least), accelerometer(like iphone), and a simtray. those are my top 3 ^^.
il make the poll now, so vote what you'd like the most.
If we vote and pay enough, maby someone will make it, so please vote :)
i have put the most logcial choices in the poll. maby you want a printer or something in it but thats not something that can be made that small.

This is a great idea for extending the pandora capabilities even more, without buying 5 usb products or so.
( i searched for some words using the search button but didnt came up with a topic like this)
Maby, or maby not. I'd just like a GPS, and only since it's the only one I'd have a use for out of that list. Accelerometers are ok, but steering like that can be really fiddly and you look like a silly lemon.

'sverm' said:
I know, I painted the shed the same color as the bike and now the bike is invisible.
Blowin' beer out my nose :lol:

As much as I don't think my question will get noticed in amoungst this thread - I don't want to be blasted for starting another one for a simple question - so, as it's about USB accessories, here goes:

I really like the idea of using a SNES emulator with USB adaptors for SNES pads. Is it likley that a Pandora SNES emulator will be able to support the use of two of these adaptors through a usb hub?

'Mqark' said:
As much as I don't think my question will get noticed in amoungst this thread - I don't want to be blasted for starting another one for a simple question - so, as it's about USB accessories, here goes:

I really like the idea of using a SNES emulator with USB adaptors for SNES pads. Is it likley that a Pandora SNES emulator will be able to support the use of two of these adaptors through a usb hub?
It is very very likely.

Solar panels aren't good with mobile devices. You pretty much need a large set of panels and a place to set them up to get any useful energy.

And it's not very easy getting electricity into the Pandora, though you might be able to try with a 5 volt regulator and a USB plug.

'lulzfish' said:
Solar panels aren't good with mobile devices. You pretty much need a large set of panels and a place to set them up to get any useful energy.

And it's not very easy getting electricity into the Pandora, though you might be able to try with a 5 volt regulator and a USB plug.
the psp charger can be connected onto the pandora right? so i need to search for psp solar panels?

borgqueenx said:
the psp charger can be connected onto the pandora right? so i need to search for psp solar panels?
I think that the Pandora uses more electricity than a PSP (even if it's the same voltage, the amperage(?) might be different). AKA, you won't be able to power the Pandora with a solar panel made for a PSP, because it might produce too little electricity.

Back