Unofficial Blog Poll

The choices available are:

• The current blog - keep it as it is!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Custom header, fixed width of 800 pixels)

• Slightly smaller custom header, very plain graphics, fixed width of 800 pixels)

• Flexible width, custom colours, no custom header and 3 columns

• The very first theme the blog had.

• Total voters

mazza558 said:
This is what I found when I tried it using an 800px wide browser - it seemed to work fine - if anything, the blog header acts almost like a "start page" on such a small browser.
This would certainly work but I wouldn't mind a smaller header if there is a theme that supports it. That would be my vote. I'm not sure if any of the choices above reflects this.

Last edited by a moderator:
lulzfish said:
The way it is now is all right, but it would help if it was flexible width so it could be wider if I needed it.
I second this, and I'd also like to see the top image/title dissapear (above the logo, logo looks really good). On a real pandora that blog will require quite a bit of scrolling before getting to the news... :/

Can't you just be creative with min/max width? Also, having an alternative stylesheet would be good. I wonder if the Pandora will honor the media="handheld" attribute?

I prefer the current one, minus "the voice of the community" - not that this isn't true, it's just i think it looks more professional without it.

i prefer the current one the most though...

joa said:
I prefer the current one, minus "the voice of the community" - not that this isn't true, it's just i think it looks more professional without it.

The Pandora project's success is tied to the community, so it's not yet another blog, it's the blog ;) A little bit of self-confidence shouldn't hurt. It's very professional to point that out IMO

I think the line is a little superfluous myself, but most other people seem to like it so maybe I'm wrong.

I suppose when you think about it, without the community reference it could just be any old hack claiming to represent Pandora.

It seems I've just talked myself into agreeing with it. You saw it here first.

Gruso said:
I think the line is a little superfluous myself, but most other people seem to like it so maybe I'm wrong.

I suppose when you think about it, without the community reference it could just be any old hack claiming to represent Pandora.

It seems I've just talked myself into agreeing with it. You saw it here first.
That was essentially the reason I chose to include the phrase, as I wanted it to have a bit of individuality. After all, having a blog on Wordpress isn't particularly unique on its own.

I like it exactly as it is just fine - it presents me with concise information in a timely manner so I don't HAVE to scour the forum.

Having said which, I may want it honed to suit a smaller screen size in oh, a couple of months or so? ;)

Back