Lets Talk Bluetooth Accesoires!

Alibobar

Still Fresh
Website
monkeyjohn.com
So, considering the other topic about USB-accessories I was thinking: what about all those handy devices/extensions that don't need a cord to attach!

And yes, I didn't make a poll, because there are already too many polls out there and I just want to see what ideas flow out of this brainstorm. Someone else can make a poll out of the best ideas ;)

So, to kick it off:

I have a Wii-mote lying around that I want to use for VJing (using FreeJ: freej.dyne.org), which is sweet considering the pandora has tv-out and has bluetooth. Plus 64gig of storage (or even more depending if the sdhc-slots will support larger storage in the future) that's a lot of video-material to VJ with!
But then I realized: the Wii-mote could also be used for gaming (duh) .. and you also have the accelerometer people in the other topic where nagging about! I know the support for the wii-mote isn't very good yet, but it can only get better ;)

Also ofcourse the GPS-module of which there are a ton of them out there already. Not very expensive either and should be rather easy to get working since they all use the same standards.

Any more ideas? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
a GPS system, and support for a bluetooth headset for listening to music...thats what i want for bluetooth :) and ofcource file receiving and sending.

My Sony Ericsson phone has a bluetooth remote control HID interface. Would be cool if I could use it to control my Pandora, so that I can leave my pandora in my backpack, listening to music with normal earphones, but changing track or other controls with my phone over bluetooth, instead of having to take forth my Pandora whenever I need to skip a song.

@NLS:
I can control applications on my Nokia N800 from a Sony Ericsson phone, so it's a good guess you'll be a happy camper soon enough. In general, if things works with the tablets we can expect it to be possible also on the Pandora :)

I already own the two most important BT accessories: BT GPS and BT foldable keyboard.

BT headphones (as in stereo headphones) will need the A2DP BT profile.. let's hope there'l be one for the Pandora. There never was an official one for the Nokia tablets. There are some 3party solutions but IIRC at least one of them ran entirely in the CPU and consumed battery and resources.

just bought a jabra bt3030 clone for use with the panda & eee. It's essentially a bluetooth remote & headphone adapter, but it's got a nice form factor.

a2dp bluetooth profile should be handled just fine, the latest versions of the BlueZ bluetooth stack, which is what I am going to assume the pandora supports, handles it, just some configuration tweaks needed to the alsa configuration. Got myself a Jensen wbt210 bluetooth receiver device for like $20 to plug my headphones into, so I could have wireless headphones. Noticeable audio quality decrease but IMO not too bad for that price range of device, and I could use the headphones of my choice rather than have to stick with ones with them built in.

JDGBOLT

Another pandora :)

It would be nice to have multiplayer via bluetooth, at least for simpler games, since it uses less power than wifi. (Assuming that bt and wifi can be turned off separately, which I'm not sure of, however)

Actually, there's a smaller alternative to the Wiimote, though it's a bit hard to get in the states. It's a bluetooth controller that vaguely resembles the Wii's nunchuck accessory, but is intended to connect to your cellphone via bluetooth for games and such. Might be useful as a smaller, lighter alternative to the wiimote in this case.

Here's what I've found so far.

Device's website: http://www.zeemote.com/
Gizmodo overview: http://gizmodo.com/339724/zeemote-wireless...ming-less-sucky
Engadget recent post (April this year): http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/06/zeemote...g1-for-game-ti/

Thoughts, anyone?

Tor posted on Apr 19 2009 at 02:24 PM) BT headphones (as in stereo headphones said:
will need the A2DP BT profile.. let's hope there'l be one for the Pandora. There never was an official one for the Nokia tablets. There are some 3party solutions but IIRC at least one of them ran entirely in the CPU and consumed battery and resources.
So there's not a for sure answer on whether or not the pandora will accept bt headphones like these? Motorola S805

Apple Wireless Keyboard and a generic bluetooth wireless mouse would be nice. These, combined with the TV out, could yield another interesting usage scenario for the seemingly overwhelmingly flexible Pandora.

A, need I say, PS3 controllers. Preferably multiple PS3 controllers. They may not have the best D-Pad in the world, but I could live with them for a bit of TV-output Seiken Densetsu 3.

I just want to use my Nokia N80 phone as a 3G modem through BT. N80 has a very crappy web browser and I've been thinkin of a new phone to get better. Just realized that I could also just use Pandora with my old phone and not need better phone. Also in case of still getting a new phone it would be nice to use it's GPS through Pandora.

Only thing I'm really concerned is that does Pandora work with a Nokia phone as a modem. IIRC you have to install some Nokia software to get data transfer between phone and windows.

jormajoo posted on May 27 2009 at 09:49 AM said:
Only thing I'm really concerned is that does Pandora work with a Nokia phone as a modem. IIRC you have to install some Nokia software to get data transfer between phone and windows.
Using a phone as a bluetooth modem involves a very standard networking profile. If the Pandora doesn't support it, then I would be very surprised.

If you can connect a Windows/Linux machine to the internet via the Bluetooth PAN service on your phone, then you should be fine doing the same on the Pandora.

The Nokia software is most likely just for organised file transfers and other nonsense that doesn't relate to bluetooth networking.

Back