Lets Discuss The New Cases

Long boom and no dates or releases.

Just read through ridicule here, conjecture and nonsense.

This is not nothing, it seems that January is not for Pandora (I figured, like many)

just a thought , about the cases, and that is why werent we told that weston had the cases all along, instead of saying he didnt have them. plus we are told that more are on the way tomorrow, when we know that ups isnt open on weekends. when we do hear anything from the team , its toguh to beleive them anymore, after this week.

it's not like craig posted anything new, calm down.

ED already said some days ago (when MWesten hadn't recieved the parts) that the company will send another revision of the cases this friday. The case-factory had detected a minor shrinkage at one part but still sent what they had for MWeston to check. MWeston won't give it a green until he recieve that last revision, it seems and that's ok. If MWeston had found anything new, the fixed parts wouldn't be send this friday, so chances are good this is the final revision.

it really doesnt matter much anymore, but I know this, no new cases could have been sent out today, because ups was closed today.

Jaguar said:
it really doesnt matter much anymore, but I know this, no new cases could have been sent out today, because ups was closed today.
You do realize that there are other countries than the US and that these countries MIGHT not all use UPS as their postal service? You can send things to Denmark via Canada Post for example and they'll be delivered by Post Danmark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaguar said:
and you have been in china to check that this applies to every country in the world? Also, who said the cases will be shipped through ups?
Anyway, even if the cases will be send monday morning, one workday is a joke compared to the delay we have already encountered.

I'm as fed up as anybody here, but nitpicking on a one-sentence-post by craigx is just ridiculous. It's entirely possible that craig just drunk so much on new-years-eve that he lost a day and thought it was tuesday.

conso said:
Jaguar said:
and you have been in china to check that this applies to every country in the world? Also, who said the cases will be shipped through ups?
Anyway, even if the cases will be send monday morning, one workday is a joke compared to the delay we have already encountered.

I'm as fed up as anybody here, but nitpicking on a one-sentence-post by craigx is just ridiculous. It's entirely possible that craig just drunk so much on new-years-eve that he lost a day and thought it was tuesday.
Agreed!

Chris

I don't know as much about the process as some folks, but shouldn't we be waiting on some silkscreening tests before mass production too? Or is that a process that will happen after the cases are made? I haven't heard about finished TV cables, manuals, etc either...

Anyway, I can wait. I'm used to it. ;)

It has already been stated that the finishing can only be applied to big runs of the cases. Probably the machine has to be modified for every part that gets the finish, so doing it for small runs would probably lead to a gigantic failure-rate and therefor high costs.

About the TV-cables and manuals, use the searchfunction. AFAIR TV-cables are waiting for the go and manuals will be very basic.

XD nice that im not the one hitting the wall bout the silkscreen XD

i say after the next OP Team time prediction ill take the option to keep waitin or not

I ve been waiting long enought/ as long as the units work, silk screening doesnt matter. cables and tv out let things are as they have said already been taken care of. now its back to the old waiting game, january is defintely out fro anyone to be their units. it could very well be the summer, who knows.

yeah do we even know if the units will be having silkscreening or not at all anymore? I don't remember ever seeing a definitive answer on that and it seems like a pretty big issue to me.

Of course the units will be silkscreened. Otherwise you wouldn't know which key was which or what the LEDs corresponded to. Besides, it'd be strange for them to go through the trouble of making the silkscreen just to not end up doing it.

Well Michael stated as fact that the factory says the silkscreen will be "No Problem", and he said he has asked several times, and always get's the "No Problem" reply! So take that with a grain of salt, as this is the same factory that is months behind on production! I'll try and find the link to his statement!

Here's the link: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50790-finished-case-photo/page__st__30__p__782792__fromsearch__1&#entry782792

Chris

No matter what the situation is, OP would be pretty crazy to send out units that haven't been silkscreened.

conso said:
It has already been stated that the finishing can only be applied to big runs of the cases. Probably the machine has to be modified for every part that gets the finish, so doing it for small runs would probably lead to a gigantic failure-rate and therefor high costs.

About the TV-cables and manuals, use the searchfunction. AFAIR TV-cables are waiting for the go and manuals will be very basic.

http://pandorawiki.org/User_manual
ed; I realize it's unofficial but it stops us from saying there's no manual.

Exophase said:
No matter what the situation is, OP would be pretty crazy to send out units that haven't been silkscreened.

I've actually argued for the silkscreening several times, and figured if we have waited this long for a professional product, why cancel it at the end just to save time, but I might have to vote the other way if it will cause "ANY" delays. Although I still very much want the silk screen, I'm just tired of the waiting game. And the test units look close enough to the renders for me at this point!

Chris

XD, i know im no longer complaining bout the silk screen directly but maybe the oncoming more Test cases now for silkscreen that most probably will get in front of us

Exophase said:
Of course the units will be silkscreened. Otherwise you wouldn't know which key was which...
the keys don't get silkscreened silly exophase

Exophase you can have this Pandora.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82bMZ3kMoI&feature=player_embedded#

Back