Bringing L33t To The Masses

Twinbee posted on May 1 2004 at 11:17 PM said:
I'm always on my PC. Fuck knows why.

I'd get up and do something constructive if I had motivation to do so but I just don't.

(EG - Having a girlfriend, someone to actually look nice for, do stuff with, get social with and get a life for, etc.)
Why can't you do something constructive on your PC - combine the two :)

Learn to code or somerthing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm not mistaken, 1337 was a kind of hacker language. It's an old BBS thing I think as well (hey, I still telnet into BBSes and I see this shit). They would create their own language out of it as such, using numbers or symbols to replace letters. I think this will be the first time the CODE format will actually come in handy for me.

Code:
Examples:
1337 - LEET; 1=L, 3=E, 7=T.
h4x0r - a term derived from the word 'hacker' or 'hackers'; 4=A, the number zero is used instead of the letter 'O'

Grrrr.... Sorry, It's early in the morning and I can't think of any more. I used to see this all the time.

All this 1337 crap has become is a computerized slang. I would hate to see it in the real world more, I'm glad it's onliy in small pieces here and there so far.

Yeah, it's like all subcultures in societies, they all developed some kind of slang/lingo derived from the popular language. But I think a lot of these "Uber geeks" do need to get their head checked also.

It's like at skool when i started usin words like tis, and sayin phrases like harsh beans, i noticed loads of gimps started usin em, pissd me off well loads!

Back