Lets Discuss The New Cases

Is frameskip implemented yet? Don't remember any vids being done with it enabled afaik.

@MiniSinisterMinister
Oh, I understand. I read that post, it's two days old, though ;)

borgqueenx said:
argh...the factory send old cases or what....grrrrbbzbzzzbcoawcvwavn....................................vaweripegn....another week or 2.............awneijlrg :(
Weren't old when they were sent out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Azure said:
WolfSpider said:
How much longer intil we see the light?
Apparently at least until another set of cases are shipped out tomorrow and we play the waiting game again for them to arrive at MWeston's.

craigix said:
Those cases are already out of date, more are being sent tomorrow.
whatthefuckman.jpg

what's the problem with that? It's actually quite cool that they send those parts already, knowing they still had to fix one of the parts. That way it can be asured that everything except the little shrinkage they detected themselves is ok. That way, if MWeston finds any other problem, they can already fix it while those new cases are still shipping. This time the chinese company obviously tried to not introduce further delay.

conso said:
what's the problem with that? It's actually quite cool that they send those parts already, knowing they still had to fix one of the parts. That way it can be asured that everything except the little shrinkage they detected themselves is ok. That way, if MWeston finds any other problem, they can already fix it while those new cases are still shipping. This time the chinese company obviously tried to not introduce further delay.

why are we still talking about shrinkage at this point, I thought that was fixed ages ago.

plus this is exactly what I predicted, they'd already sent some new cases ;p

ndbsolar said:
They run at good speed, but I doubt that is fullspeed. Also, we have no idea whether Craig was using Frameskip or not. My guess is that he was.

-God Ginrai

Mario looked full speed to me... But I am used to the Pal version so maybe it was slower than the american...

Frameskip can make things faster, but you wouldn't say you have an emulator that runs games fullspeed unless it is without Frameskip. Also, Mario

Na-Noo said:
Is frameskip implemented yet? Don't remember any vids being done with it enabled afaik.

All the other vids, however, were done by devs who were working on the emulator, the one ndbsolar was talking about was not. I don't remember the devs mentioning any large speed increase between the last dev video and Craig's, therefore, I see it more likely that Craig was running it with Frameskip than a great speed increase that the devs just didn't mention.

-God Ginrai

peca said:
I guess that MWeston get those cases The 31st December. Test them, find some to polish, send message to China and they will send next test run at Monday.
My understanding about this misunderstanding is that Michael received the new cases, looked them over and found everything to be 99.99% spot on, then called China to say send out some new ones this Saturday with the last mentioned shrinkage fixed. It now depends on how fast they are shipped to Canada, or if Michael can say "thumbs up start the plastic pouring" with what he has in front of him. I'd rather it gets fully approved without the decision made in the heat of the moment.

We still have time till January 26, 2009(the Chinese New Year).

So does anyone in the know have any clue as to what is going on? So the cases shipped on the 23rd/24th are the ones Michael received yesterday(second test batch), and these are the ones where all the errors should have been fixed right? So how are these now old, and more are shipping tommorow from China? There's something missing here that isn't beeing told, or we are all just high on drugs, and don't know what day of the week it is! My only explanation would be that the ones shipped on the 23rd/24th were not completely fixed, or has this batch been green lighted within the last 24 hours, and they are shipping some final cases? Ed, Craig, Micahael, somebody say something, WTF!? I'd really like to believe the finals are on the way, but that would be way to easy, and we all know easy isn't done around here!

Chris

rmm21 said:
peca said:
I guess that MWeston get those cases The 31st December. Test them, find some to polish, send message to China and they will send next test run at Monday.
My understanding about this misunderstanding is that Michael received the new cases, looked them over and found everything to be 99.99% spot on, then called China to say send out some new ones this Saturday with the last mentioned shrinkage fixed. It now depends on how fast they are shipped to Canada, or if Michael can say "thumbs up start the plastic pouring" with what he has in front of him. I'd rather it gets fully approved without the decision made in the heat of the moment.

We don't have time until that date! Its about 339 days ago but don't worry as Feb 14, 2010 is still a long piece away :)

Before we all know it, February 14 will be here, and no one will have there units, and then we'll be waiting until march to hear something. I really hope this is not the case, but I'm losing the battle of "half full" versus "half empty" at this point!

Chris

It's not really clear what was wrong with the cases MWeston received...

I guess we will have to wait for more info from Mweston or a post on the official blog.

I was expecting pictures when I read the topic title ... guess it was literal this time. I have a feeling we're going to be stuck at the stage for a long while, waiting for the green light. All sorts of issues, holidays, delivery errors, delay at the factory because of something or another ... argh.

Whats the bottleneck this time? :p Cases or boards? Or low on supply of vodka and pernod for Craig?

dsleaf67 said:
rmm21 said:
peca said:

We don't have time until that date! Its about 339 days ago but don't worry as Feb 14, 2010 is still a long piece away :)

Yes, the Chinese New year is on the 14th Feb this year. It was on 26th Jan last year but it follows the lunar cycle which is much later this year :) (Although the exodus starts before then as people head back to their home towns to celebrate it)

J

jumpman said:
Before we all know it, February 14 will be here, and no one will have there units, and then we'll be waiting until march to hear something. I really hope this is not the case, but I'm losing the battle of "half full" versus "half empty" at this point!
Or mayhaps mine pandora will be here and you're pandora won't. Your such a pessimist at this point I going to thew grammar out the Windows. (Like you seem to done)

But seriously, I would much rather have a pandora without kinks that just ruin the thing and receive it later, than a pandora full of holes and malfunctioning parts now.

:s, im nearly lossing the a lil more battle.

actually im overtime since my last cut line was on xmas.

Back