Let there be boards (2010 - 12 - 02)

"Time" is an illusion. The only time now is party time.

"Time" is an illusion. The only time now is party time.
Illusion+of+Time.gif

The CEO changed the appointment to Wednesday next week. So it looks we have to be patient a bit longer.

Trey is now buggering them to find things out.
Doesn't sound good to me. Perhaps they lied about the boards and try now to delay Treys visit...

Last edited by a moderator:

OK thanks for that Ed -

I do hope, for your sake (or more importantly the CEO's) that the above statement is a result of English not being your first language (unless of course the buggering is entirely consensual)

The CEO changed the appointment to Wednesday next week. So it looks we have to be patient a bit longer.

Sorry ED I've got first dibs for this as my signature. :p

Subtle but affective.

More like the CEO is buggering us about. (valid English in my part of the world. To be awkward, to mess someone about.)

Whooops, of course, I meant bugging :D

Well, I sure hope they have the boards produced.

If not... well, anyone here from Dallas who knows some lawyer personally whom he could ask how to proceed here?

I hope it's not needed, but I want to prepare for worst case.

I don't like being fooled around by them.

So, another delay. I'm not even surprized any more. These people need to start taking us seriously, what's making them think we will just carry on waiting this long?

I sincerely hope they make a peace offering to you (team), for making you have to continually bear bad news and take the brunt of peoples tempers.

Maybe there's something we, as a community, can do? What if we were all to write in with formal complaints about how badly we're being treated? Or let other small companies know that these companies aren't worth bothering with? Because they're clearly not.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm going to want my money back if it gets to 12 May and mine hasn't been dispatched. That'll be the point at which it's been a year since I ordered. After waiting 'till they were being made. I don't want to do that - obviously, I want my Pandora - but I haven't got much money.

Heh, maybe that's what we should say, if we do have a mass letter-writing campaign? We've been waiting years, as a group, and that we're being made to wait even longer is just a piss-take.

Well, we don't know much yet.

It might be the CEO had some important appointment to attend do.

We'll see on Wednesday, but I rather want to be prepared to take actions to not lose more time.

As mentioned a few times, we already have a new company working on setting up the production. Unfortunately, since the Pandora is no easy board to build, this takes a while.

But we're working on that, and I surely don't want to see the project go down because some stupid company doesn't care about lying to us.

I will fight until the end! It's exhausting, yes, but if I start to do something, I won't give up!

Heck, whereever I go to show the Pandora, I could sell hundreds of them... we got a product so many people like (including myself, I use it daily!), and I won't give that up.

I want everyone of you get a Pandora, and I will fight for that!

I also did wonder how the community can help here. Sending them 3000 letters of complaints would be cool ;)

But it probably is illegal I guess... same as publically mentioning their name including a report of the experiences you had.

But maybe a fight isn't needed... who knows, maybe I'm just a little too careful and they really can show us a lot of boards on Wednesday.

Anyways, we got the UPS tracking number for the 2000 nubs. They will arrive at the company on Monday. We already sent them a notice that we want 500 finished boards delivered next Saturday.

Trey will visit there on Wednesday to check out that they're working on that.

This is sadly the way most business in conducted thru out the land. At least in my experiances over the last few years anyway!

The CEO not being there last week is typical on a short work week. Not meeting with our spy in texas this week may be cause for alarm, but it could also just be that a guy running a multi-million dollar company just doesn't have time to meet with a guy off the street. That is the reality of this current situation. He may have to meet with bigger clients from out of town, or it could be that certain things aren't done, and he's trying to buy more time. Who the hell really knows at this point.

Either way, there really isn't much that can be done about it, unless some form of legal action is taken. :p

Chris

Well I know when Friday comes around the first thing I look into is cutting out as quick as possible.. For this CEO, Monday and Tuesday must be recovery days....

This is sadly the way most business in conducted thru out the land. At least in my experiances over the last few years anyway!

The CEO not being there last week is typical on a short work week. Not meeting with our spy in texas this week may be cause for alarm, but it could also just be that a guy running a multi-million dollar company just doesn't have time to meet with a guy off the street. That is the reality of this current situation. He may have to meet with bigger clients from out of town, or it could be that certain things aren't done, and he's trying to buy more time. Who the hell really knows at this point.

Either way, there really isn't much that can be done about it, unless some form of legal action is taken. :p

Exactly. We don't know what's going on yet. It might really be he didn't have time and everything has been produced.

I guess I was just so disappointed as I was eagerly awaiting the board pictures the same as you did... maybe even more. The Pandora is my life... I put my full strength and time into it... and basically all the money I have.

Well, won't help. All we can do now is bug them, check on them (thanks a lot to Trey for offering to do this!).

Now that the nubs have arrived, there is NO excuse to not ship any boards anymore, so we try to force and push them to finish the boards.

Here's me... hoping for good news from Trey on Wednesday.

Exactly. We don't know what's going on yet. It might really be he didn't have time and everything has been produced.

I guess I was just so disappointed as I was eagerly awaiting the board pictures the same as you did... maybe even more. The Pandora is my life... I put my full strength and time into it... and basically all the money I have.

Well, won't help. All we can do now is bug them, check on them (thanks a lot to Trey for offering to do this!).

Now that the nubs have arrived, there is NO excuse to not ship any boards anymore, so we try to force and push them to finish the boards.

Here's me... hoping for good news from Trey on Wednesday.
Hang in there ED, I can personally see the amount of effort and time you have put into this project, and it is greatly appreciated by many. The Board company has delivered a quality product in the past, and like you have said, Open Pandora has halted production many times, and for many reasons, so I can understand them not dropping everything, and producing boards around the clock, when based on the last 12 months, they may be asked to halt production again at any moment.

I'm sure that won't happen at this point, but "EVERYONE" here has seen all that can happen when we expect the best, and end up with the worst. My Pandora has ran just about perfectly for 6 months, and I'm looking forward to sending it in so I can get the new and improved nubs(since my left one recently broke), as I used my nubs for everything, and I'm currently missing using them.

I don't have as much at stake as the rest of the team, but I still have a very good amount of my personal savings invested in some extra units(times where better when I placed my orders), and I'm still hanging in there even though I could use my funds for other more important things currently, but if you guys are willing to put it all on the line for the community, I can't do anything less!

Here's to some great news next week from Texas! :lol:

Chris

Hang in there ED, I can personally see the amount of effort and time you have put into this project, and it is greatly appreciated by many. The Board company has delivered a quality product in the past, and like you have said, Open Pandora has halted production many times, and for many reasons, so I can understand them not dropping everything, and producing boards around the clock, when based on the last 12 months, they may be asked to halt production again at any moment.

True. They managed to deliver 900 fully working boards. And none of them failed yet.

Thanks a lot, Chris, for your kind words.

These times are no easy times for me (and I guess also not for the rest of the team).

I'm one of the guys who always try to help everyone else (I guess the ones that know me from the good old gp2x-times can confirm that...).

All I want is that you all get your Pandora, after so much waiting... it still is an amazing device. Everywhere I go, people would want to have one.

I know with a community as great as this one, we can do anything.

I'll try to settle down a bit and go to bed now.

Thank you guys for your support.

I really appreciate it.

And to all of you:

Please try to not see a big company producing a Pandora... the Pandora is done by normal people like me who are trying to achieve something.

We depend on other companies. We suffer the same as you. But you can be sure we try our best to make it happen! As long as you all support us and the idea, we'll manage!

Thanks to you all!

Back