Release LemmingsSDL V0.9.5

Miner49er

Website
www.lessermatters.co.uk
How silly that I have to post this in two places...why are there 2 boards again?

Anyway, I was hoping that somebody could test my pnd file to see if it works properly..

Here's the link:

http://lessermatters.homeunix.com/LemmingsSDL/

I used PND_Builder.exe downloaded from GP32X - I know I should've figured how to do it properly but at this juncture it seemed easier to use that program instead.

Please let me know if there are any problems with it as I think this is the best version so far :)

cheers!

Tried it, sadly does not work.

The problem being PNDBuilder renaming all files in the PND to UPPERCASE, which messes up the binary filename you set in the PXML as it is case-sensitive.

I am usually not pushing my own creations over the ones of others, but you could try PNDTools, which does not suffer from that problem. Additionally it uses SquashFS, which brings the size down a bit, too.

You can find it here: http://boards.openpa.../3756-pndtools/ (use the beta version it has a PXML editor included)

Looking forward to a fixed PND, wanted to try this game out on a real Pandora for quite some time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it, sadly does not work.

The problem being PNDBuilder renaming all files in the PND to UPPERCASE, which messes up the binary filename you set in the PXML as it is case-sensitive.

I am usually not pushing my own creations over the ones of others, but you could try PNDTools, which does not suffer from that problem. Additionally it uses SquashFS, which brings the size down a bit, too.

You can find it here: http://boards.openpa.../3756-pndtools/ (use the beta version it has a PXML editor included)

Looking forward to a fixed PND, wanted to try this game out on a real Pandora for quite some time :)

Ah, thanks foxblock. I should've asked you first really. I've used your program and updated my little page :)

Please lemmy know!

Last edited by a moderator:
The version I have works perfect when the music is off. The other sounds work perfect with it.

Congratulations on this and thank you for all the work it's clear you put in. The game itself seems to work fine, but here's the output on my Pandora (I only mention this because I read your scrolling text about a seg fault when quitting)

Code:
in main

Initilising MainForm now

enabling sound

initilising menu

loaded font image

loaded number image

sizeof(Lemming) 648creating new instance of DataBuffer

SizeOf NetData 2

created a new game

ERROR! pdir could not be initialised correctly data/windows_lemmings_terrain_images/Soil/

menu has been initilised

about to enter LemmingsSDL MainLoop 

I'm really going to start mainloop now

Segmentation fault

I only got this after I'd mounted the pnd manually and run the binary - unfortunately your pnd doesn't work as you've got an extra LemmingsSDL folder in there (it tries to exec ./LemmingsSDL but from the pnd mountpoint the binary is at LemmingsSDL/LemmingsSDL).

Also - very minor niggle - you can shave about 3mb off the 3.4mb binary by running strip --strip-unneeded on it.

Congratulations on this and thank you for all the work it's clear you put in. The game itself seems to work fine, but here's the output on my Pandora (I only mention this because I read your scrolling text about a seg fault when quitting)

Code:
in main

Initilising MainForm now

enabling sound

initilising menu

loaded font image

loaded number image

sizeof(Lemming) 648creating new instance of DataBuffer

SizeOf NetData 2

created a new game

ERROR! pdir could not be initialised correctly data/windows_lemmings_terrain_images/Soil/

menu has been initilised

about to enter LemmingsSDL MainLoop 

I'm really going to start mainloop now

Segmentation fault

I only got this after I'd mounted the pnd manually and run the binary - unfortunately your pnd doesn't work as you've got an extra LemmingsSDL folder in there (it tries to exec ./LemmingsSDL but from the pnd mountpoint the binary is at LemmingsSDL/LemmingsSDL).

Also - very minor niggle - you can shave about 3mb off the 3.4mb binary by running strip --strip-unneeded on it.

Thanks for all your testing guys, I guess I was tired last night. Annoyingly I'm away this weekend so I won't be able to make another release. Instead I've replaced the .pnd file with a zip for now.

Please, let me know about any other issues - and if someone with two Pandoras could test two player, that would be interesting as well!

Back