Release LemmingsSDL 0.9.7

Miner49er

Website
www.lessermatters.co.uk
Hi there,

I've attempted to make a new pnd file based on my latest code:

http://lessermatters...om/LemmingsSDL/

There are some major improvements (many thanks to Covox for pointing out a cause and solution to some serious CPU usage!)

Also, floater anim fixed. Xmas/ONML tunes and levels are working now and several other things.

Cheers,

m

Also, floater anim fixed.

I don't remember any unflushed turds in lemmings...

Thanks, I'll try this out later, I really loved lemmings on my amiga. My favourite level of all time was the "Superlemming" one from Oh No More Lemmings. I remember me and a friend looking at the level layout and commenting "but that looks really easy" - I about wet myself laughing when I cliked and started the level... easy indeed! HA HA HA.

Also, floater anim fixed.

I don't remember any unflushed turds in lemmings...

Thanks, I'll try this out later, I really loved lemmings on my amiga. My favourite level of all time was the "Superlemming" one from Oh No More Lemmings. I remember me and a friend looking at the level layout and commenting "but that looks really easy" - I about wet myself laughing when I cliked and started the level... easy indeed! HA HA HA.

On the Pandora? I want to know if it works because I want to update the repo. I will have to try that level!

Edit: I did try it! it is a bitch, I nearly managed it but kept forgetting about where to start building the last bridge. I will get it next go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I'd have replied sooner, but I was busy being unwell. I can't believe there isn't more interest in this - what I played was very good. I played through some of the early levels while sitting in hospital waiting to get lots of needles stuck in me. That was not fun, the needles I mean, not the game.

So far I really liked it, did't play it extensively but it works and the speed i fine. The 2 major problems I'm sure you already know about - it won't close for me, and I cant get it fullscreen. Also, I played in one solid block for a while, so I'm not sure if I can get back to the level I reached, since there's no codes and no way to save (that I noticed). Sadly I crashed the pandora by putting it to sleep (it does that; I need to get round to sorting it out) so maybe it saves on exit and I was unlcky? I'll try it again soon, but I€ a bit under the weather so if I don't reply for a while, it's not that I'm not interested. Please keep up the good work, it's really appreciated.

EDIT: Oh, everyone who's interested is over at the other forums. I've not been around much lately. Just ignore me.

To close the game press [ESC] which is [Fn]+[Q] on the Pandora.

The latest version 0.9.8 will also assign the same function to the START button, I am just compiling and packaging it in PND.

Also all levels are available at the beginning if I am not mistaken, so just remember the level you have been on and navigate to it with the D-Pad on the level selection screen (left/right - go one level back/forth, Up/Down go 10 levels back/forth).

I also have to say this is an excellent game.

Thank you, I figured out the level thing (I'm a bit thick - too many pain killers!). I have a problem with the touchscreen calibration in fullscreen though - is that just me?

Thank you, I figured out the level thing (I'm a bit thick - too many pain killers!). I have a problem with the touchscreen calibration in fullscreen though - is that just me?
Try the latest version (0.9.8) in the repo, it (as actually should the 0.9.7) has the touchscreen fix as well as some new button assignments (you can use the D-PAD to scroll the level for example).

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=LemmingsSDL

Have downloaded the new version and the little lemming hand icon is gone!! I know it's probably easier that way for touchscreen use, but I like to play using a USB mouse, which was working great up to this latest version (although moving with the D pad is a great addition!!)

Have downloaded the new version and the little lemming hand icon is gone!! I know it's probably easier that way for touchscreen use, but I like to play using a USB mouse, which was working great up to this latest version (although moving with the D pad is a great addition!!)
Please check out the included documentation (which can be found via Documentation->LemmingsSDL Hotkeys), it contains a full list of the controls and hotkeys.

In your case press 'c' to toggle the cursor.

Thanks for that, forgot the old adage of FTFM!! It also sorted my other little issue of fast forwarding the lemmings when the route is sorted! :)

Thanks for this release. Just tried it, and it's fantastic, as if the game was always meant to be played this way. Perfect for touchscreen, although it does introduce some new challenges - I'm finding things I could do when playing with a mouse that I can't do on a touchscreen. Oh well, just means I can have fun trying to find new ways to do things all over again.

I have noticed the fullscreen mode does not make full use of the whole Pandora screen - there is still some space not being used around the edges. If the game was able to actually be expanded to make use of the whole screen I think it would be icing on the (already very tasty) cake.

I have noticed the fullscreen mode does not make full use of the whole Pandora screen - there is still some space not being used around the edges. If the game was able to actually be expanded to make use of the whole screen I think it would be icing on the (already very tasty) cake.
Try the latest version 0.9.10 available in the repo, it fixes that (there still is some blank space, but that's because of the dimensions of the level images - and one would not want to introduce scaling to those nice pixel graphics).

Fox, this is awesome, reliving some of my memories from the glory days of the ST. Absolutely brilliant.

Nope, more a where's no judge there is no deathsman kind of thing

What is the legality of this app? It appears that all the content was ripped from the original. Was the original released to open domain?

Lemmings was from DMA Design. DMA Design became Rockstar. Rockstar was integrated in Take II.

Lemmings was published by Psygnosis. Psygnosis was bought over by Sony.

Not sure whether the assets went to Sony or Take II in the end.

But as the previous poster mentioned, it would be easy for either of them to jump on such versions and ask for them to be withdrawn if they wanted. Much money has already been made on Lemmings, it's not sold anymore anywhere, there are no sequels planned either, so it's pretty much "abandonware" while it's not official.

If there's a lawyer around he can maybe provide perspective ? :)

Lemmings, being owned by Psygnosis, which in turn is owned by Sony, and at least as far as the Spectrum version goes it's distribution denied after talks with the owners. I would assume that similar restrictions apply to the assets used in this one, unfortunately. However, there are various very high profile clones out there that use these assets (wouldn't be lemmings otherwise) and nothing has been done about them.

D.

Back