Lemmingssdl (Networked)

Foxblock has made a .pnd file available...though he says it seems to run a bit slow...now, if only I had a Pandora then I could go about trying to fix it!

Get it here:

http://lessermatters.homeunix.com/LemmingsSDL/

Miner49er said:
Foxblock has made a .pnd file available...though he says it seems to run a bit slow...now, if only I had a Pandora then I could go about trying to fix it!

Get it here:

http://lessermatters.homeunix.com/LemmingsSDL/

Sound and gameplay is perfect, yeah. Only a bit slow, but looking reeeeaaally good :D

Last edited:
Hi there,

I've just watched ED's new video and I think it runs about the right speed - I.E. I think this is ready to have it's 'WIP' status removed! It's ready for proper release...or at least beta-testing

m

Miner49er said:
Hi there,

I've just watched ED's new video and I think it runs about the right speed - I.E. I think this is ready to have it's 'WIP' status removed! It's ready for proper release...or at least beta-testing

Yes- but that was using 800 MHz :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Miner49er said:
Hi there,

Yes- but that was using 800 MHz :)

HHmmmm, Foxbloc said to me that ramping up the CPU speed had no effect. This changes things, perhaps some optimization is in order after all...

I don't suppose you could tell me what the CPU usage is by the LemmingsSDL process please, just out of interest?

For instance on my P4 3ghz (BIG difference I know) it's only using about 6-10% of the CPU according to 'top'

Last edited by a moderator:
I also never considered it to be a CPU problem... I just thought the game timer was running a bit slower than it should be (seconds counting down in 2 seconds, and the game felt a bit slow...)

PokeParadox said:
I also never considered it to be a CPU problem... I just thought the game timer was running a bit slower than it should be (seconds counting down in 2 seconds, and the game felt a bit slow...)

Right. I shall do side by side comprison of the Amiga version (as that's all I have to go on) and tweak the timings until it matches.

Watch this space :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back