Beta Lemmingssdl V0.9.5

Miner49er

Website
www.lessermatters.co.uk
Hi folks!

Even without actually owning a Pandora, I'm working tirelessly to improve my game...
Well, I've recently had a renewed interest in programming at home anyway :)

I was wondering if it would be possible for somebody to test my pnd package to see if it works before I go trashing the repo again :-/

Here's the link:

http://lessermatters.homeunix.com/LemmingsSDL/

I played it over the network (on windows) today at work - it was quite a blast!

thanks guys (and gals)

AVG says the windows .exe has a virus and won't let me run it :(

I reckon it's a false positive, but still ...

The pandora version works (^ for me ;) )
Overall excellent! Good job. The speed of the lemms is good, the music and fx run well it feels great using the stylus - accurate and positive

Now the nit-picking :)
the level timer is slow counting down every two-three seconds instead of in seconds
the sdl touchscreen bug makes scrolling the screen stuff up calibration - not your problem I know but there was a work around around somewhere
using the nub to move the mouse to scroll the screen (then moving the pointer back from the edge) and then using the touchscreen also stuffs calibration
how about using the d-pad to move the screen?
Also, scrolling the screen slows down everything to about half speed

I remember commenting on this one before ... so it's probably just a cosmetic issue of 'perfection' - when you nuke a level the screen fades before the explosions have finished - I always enjoys watching the dieing embers of a popped lemming :ph34r:

So very very close it hurts :p

Okay I tested the updated (zip) version as well as the PNDs before and here is a few comments on that (not the actual game, still have to play that):
  • When packing a PND you have got to make sure the path to the binary set in the PXML file matches your actual file location IN the pnd - PNDTools currently does not check that, but it's on my list of planned features
  • The main problem with the last PND was the fact that you dropped the whole build folder in there, when you want to just package the content. This is due to how PNDTools works: When dropping a folder or file on the window it will add EXACTLY what you drop, so in your case you would want to select the contents of your build folder and drop that (all at once) OR use the "Add folder..." button and select the build folder, which will add the contents of that folder (not the folder itself).
  • I remembered fixing that touchscreen bug and I took a look at the old sources, seems like the change got lost somewhere between revisions. I fixed it locally, check your PMs for a download link of the merged changes
  • The icon you use for the PND is very big, which results in PNDTools not detecting it correctly when opening the PND. 64x64 pixels is more than enough for the icon, but I will raise the detection range in a future version of PNDTools, too.
I got a fixed PND on my computer, I could send it over to you if you like or leave the honour of compiling and packaging it again to you ;)

Forgot to say: Thanks a lot for this, it's looking and sounding awesome on the Pandora :D

foxblock said:
Okay I tested the updated (zip) version as well as the PNDs before and here is a few comments on that (not the actual game, still have to play that):
  • When packing a PND you have got to make sure the path to the binary set in the PXML file matches your actual file location IN the pnd - PNDTools currently does not check that, but it's on my list of planned features
  • The main problem with the last PND was the fact that you dropped the whole build folder in there, when you want to just package the content. This is due to how PNDTools works: When dropping a folder or file on the window it will add EXACTLY what you drop, so in your case you would want to select the contents of your build folder and drop that (all at once) OR use the "Add folder..." button and select the build folder, which will add the contents of that folder (not the folder itself).
  • I remembered fixing that touchscreen bug and I took a look at the old sources, seems like the change got lost somewhere between revisions. I fixed it locally, check your PMs for a download link of the merged changes
  • The icon you use for the PND is very big, which results in PNDTools not detecting it correctly when opening the PND. 64x64 pixels is more than enough for the icon, but I will raise the detection range in a future version of PNDTools, too.
I got a fixed PND on my computer, I could send it over to you if you like or leave the honour of compiling and packaging it again to you ;)

Forgot to say: Thanks a lot for this, it's looking and sounding awesome on the Pandora :D

Thanks for that foxblock. However the repo claims it's missing an icon file - can I be rude and ask you to rebuild it with the icon: http://lessermatters.homeunix.com/LemmingsSDL/icon.png ?

Cheers man :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, also the PND actually contains an icon file (I checked with a text editor), but it's neither recognized by PNDTools nor the repo it seems.
I am looking into that.

EDIT: Found the error and fixed it. It was a rather stupid one...

Darn it, left and right movement using the D=Pad! Forgot.

Anyway, I've made a new version 0.9.6 containing some of but not the D-Pad request.

There's only the Pandora binary or complete zip at the moment though :-(

Back