Just to let you know we're not dead (2011-08-16)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
While the title suggests that there are NO news, this is not entirely true.

Things ARE moving, but there's not much I can show you right now. I think I'll just summarize what happened during the last weeks.

While waiting for the quotations from the different companies here in Germany for the PCB production, I was trying to catch up with the work I have to do - and that's A LOT.

What is currently happening

Pandora repairs

I got quite a few Pandoras that need a new LCD Cable or nubs that I had to fix. As some might know I repair ALL of them (also the ones Craig sold), so this eats quite a bit of time.

I finished repairing most of them, I get a few new ones each week, but I'm catching up!

Repairing one unit approximately takes about 30 minutes, and you know I've got limited time... but I'll try to do my best!

CircuitCo

Also, I browsed through all eMails to and from CircuitCo, sorting out the important ones that prove that the issues we currently have are caused by them... that's done as well.

Why I did this? Well, we MIGHT need all that... depending on how the whole situation with CircuitCo works out.

My wish would be that they simply finish the 1000 missing PCBs as soon as possible and that's it. But we'll see about that...

You know they sent about 50 PCBs last week - and while those were all working (seems they REALLY are using our new test!), we haven't gotten an update from them yet but will keep asking and I will keep you updated!

On a funny sidenote they sent us an invoice for the production of those 50 PCBs... yeah, right. We shipped them over 300 broken ones that we already paid for back and they ask for money for the next 50 now? Awesome.

Pandora Production in Germany

I got a few further questions regarding parts that reached its end of life where we need replacement parts. And I already got one quotation from one of the companies, so things are moving there but I still have to wait for more.

The first quotation is below to what I set as maximum limit for me, so this is a good start.

I am also getting some up-to-date quotations for parts we have to get ourselves (LCDs, cases, etc.), so yeah, I'm doing a pretty comprehensive business plan right now with all costs involved.

This is of course also mandatory in case I need to get more money for the production.

I'll keep you updated about that, and as usual, I will dedicate everything I can to continue!

Pandora Website

Nothing has happened here, but basically, I am also planning a major revamp, as the current site doesn't make much sense.

There should be more information about the released programs, the repositories, etc.

The developers blog doesn't make much sense either, as the development is over already. It should be moved into an archive.

I'd rather have some compact history about the Pandora, information about what's happening right now for new users, etc.

This is also planned, I hope to find some time for that soon, but I won't bet on it, as there is so much more to do right now...

Wonderful, as always. Keep up the good work, everybody!

EDIT: Also, have you gotten my unit yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good going ED, you guys are doing an amazing job with the recources given to you. I just hope to have my precious returned to me soon.

Keep up the good work!

In the meantime, here's a spider:

Code:
          ;               ,           

,;                 '.         

;:                   :;         

::                     ::       

::                     ::       

':                     :         

:.                    :         

;' ::                   ::  '     

.'  ';                   ;'  '.     

::    :;                 ;:    ::   

;      :;.             ,;:     ::   

:;      :;:           ,;"      ::   

::.      ':;  ..,.;  ;:'     ,.;:   

"'"...   '::,::::: ;:   .;.;""'     

'"""....;:::::;,;.;"""         

.:::.....'"':::::::'",...;::::;.   

;:' '""'"";.,;:::::;.'""""""  ':;   

::'         ;::;:::;::..         :;   

::         ,;:::::::::::;:..       :: 

;'     ,;;:;::::::::::::::;";..    ':. 

::     ;:"  ::::::"""'::::::  ":     :: 

:.    ::   ::::::;  :::::::   :     ; 

;    ::   :::::::  :::::::   :    ;   

'   ::   ::::::....:::::'  ,:   '   

'  ::    :::::::::::::"   ::       

::     ':::::::::"'    ::       

':       """""""'      ::       

::                   ;:         

':;                 ;:"         

-hrr-     ';              ,;'           

"'           '"             

'

Dont feel sad Michael, I have a Pandi and I know it's worth to waiting for!

Concerning the WHomepage relaunch, what about using the wiki only and transforming it to an official one? If I have time again in October I would like to help to get the wiki back in business again :)

Woo, good to hear some news,thanks for taking the time to update, everyone is on the edge of their seats! I hope CC will ship out more boards soon. :rolleyes:

On a funny sidenote they sent us an invoice for the production of those 50 PCBs... yeah, right. We shipped them over 300 broken ones that we already paid for back and they ask for money for the next 50 now? Awesome.
wow ... be very carefull though: if it should come to the worst, an unpaid bill is still an unpaid bill no matter if technically those 50 boards are part of the 300 you already paid for ...

Got so excited when the 50 Pandora's were sent out and reasonably disappointed when my Premium wasn't one of them :(

But of course i assume that means you guy's have had enough premiums to keep chugging along financially which is great :) . Hope CircuitCo can get their shit together so i can show my friends this device i have been gritting my teeth waiting for for the last couple of months :)

Keep up the awesome.

wow ... be very carefull though: if it should come to the worst, an unpaid bill is still an unpaid bill no matter if technically those 50 boards are part of the 300 you already paid for ...
I agree with you but I think technically those 50 are not part of the 300 that have already been paid as they are new boards. So they definitely have a ground to send a bill even if it feels wrong.

With a potential lawsuit in mind better safe than sorry right now.

I agree with you but I think technically those 50 are not part of the 300 that have already been paid as they are new boards. So they definitely have a ground to send a bill even if it feels wrong.

Well, according to them, those were fixed boards, so they should be the ones we sent back.

Tough Schedule. ^^

Sounds like 90% of the Pandora stuff is done by ED alone, he really need some Slav...uh..."assistants" I guess. :lol:

At least, the CC issue should be handled by professional lawyers and this as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being funny ed but I hope craig is compensating you for all the extra effort you are putting into finding new production companys and coming up with fugures for business plans etc.

Pandora Website

Nothing has happened here, but basically, I am also planning a major revamp, as the current site doesn't make much sense.

There should be more information about the released programs, the repositories, etc.

The developers blog doesn't make much sense either, as the development is over already. It should be moved into an archive.

I'd rather have some compact history about the Pandora, information about what's happening right now for new users, etc.

This is also planned, I hope to find some time for that soon, but I won't bet on it, as there is so much more to do right now...

I think this is a great idea, with one modification. YOU should not be doing this, get someone else. You have more important things to take care of :)

Dont feel sad Michael, I have a Pandi and I know it's worth to waiting for!

You sound like a christian fundamentalist. Pandi better be extremely good in bed.

Pandora Website
Yes, but does it need to be as complex as the old one? Maybe simplify by utilizing the community resources?

One page with links to the repositories and a link to the Software Development section of this message board should do it.

Instead put in a link to this News & Updates section on the message boards AND to pandorapress.

Link to the Pandora community Wiki.

If you link to the content that the community has already built instead of generating new content... Just a thought.

That's not possible! How can they do that?

Well, according to them, those were fixed boards, so they should be the ones we sent back.
Huh? That makes no sense then. That would be charging you double for the same board. Weirdos.

Pandora Website
Yes, but does it need to be as complex as the old one? Maybe simplify by utilizing the community resources?

That's what I was planning to do.

One page with links to the repositories and a link to the Software Development section of this message board should do it.

I was thinking of RSS feeds I can implement somewhere on the side :)

That way people see what's new and can directly go there :)

Instead put in a link to this News & Updates section on the message boards AND to pandorapress.

Yes, that makes a lot more sense. Though I'd like to keep an overall status information, it just needs to be more useful :)

Link to the Pandora community Wiki.

The complete history is not there yet, it needs to be written first :)

Back