Joypad Broken

NeilT

Still Fresh
My brother recently borrowed by GP2X and returned it with the joy pad not working. No response can be obtained from any direction and the stick does not return to the centre as it used to. Unfortunately the guarantee period has expired. Is there any way to easily repair this? Any help gratefully received.

Neil

How about trying this:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/lofiversion/index.php/t31121.html

LordFu - Oct 28 2006, 12:23 PM
It's really hard to explain how to fix it. The trick is to rotate the joystick back to where it belongs while pulling it up or pushing it down, slightly. Take the cap off the joystick, and the flat side of the metal should be facing your left hand. Then you have to work with it until it pops back into it's socket.

I've had to do it 3 times, and it always takes me 45 minutes or more to do it. You should feel a slight click when it goes back, and the joystick will be springy again. It's a real pain in the ass to do.

I had to do it once. It was a pain, but it worked. I gently used a pair of pliers.

Last edited by a moderator:
saehn said:
How about trying this:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/lofiversion/index.php/t31121.html

LordFu - Oct 28 2006, 12:23 PM
It's really hard to explain how to fix it. The trick is to rotate the joystick back to where it belongs while pulling it up or pushing it down, slightly. Take the cap off the joystick, and the flat side of the metal should be facing your left hand. Then you have to work with it until it pops back into it's socket.

I've had to do it 3 times, and it always takes me 45 minutes or more to do it. You should feel a slight click when it goes back, and the joystick will be springy again. It's a real pain in the ass to do.

I had to do it once. It was a pain, but it worked. I gently used a pair of pliers.

Thanks for the help - I'll give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventually got in back in place.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Neil

Back