Premium Pandora broken right hand sd card slot

sadnesssmiling

Still Fresh
I received my Premium Pandora one week ago today...broken.

Over the weekend I was sad to discover that my right hand sd card slot will not lock in the card!!!!

I have tried different brands, capacity (i am sure that has nothing to do with it), etc. cards.

There simply is no click and lock like on the left hand slot.

I thought I would post on the forums as an fyi for the others still waiting / thinking of going premium.

I have emailed, sunday evening, a request to my distributor for an rma# and instructions on how to ship the unit back for repair / replacement.

But have yet to receive a response.

the only other issue is that the left trigger is really soft not like the right which is great, don't get me wrong the trigger works but has hardly any travel.

the right trigger is perfect, it has nice travel and a beautiful click when it is pressed, but the left is not nearly as impressive.

the trigger issue i could have lived with but having my storage capacity cut in half....the pandora must go back!

A couple things that the conspiracy theorist in me noticed was that my serial number ends in 1800 and the sticker reads "first batch".

I thought that more that 1800 units had been built and shipped (assuming that the serial numbering is in order of assembly).

And i thought i read a post that the premiums would not say first batch on them.

I wonder now if my "Premium" was shipped to me as a previous return/refurb?

I thought everyone would like to know and if no one minds I will keep you all posted of my struggle.

I had a Premium arrive with a L Should button that didn't work well. Turns out my case had a flaw regarding the screw between the 2 shoulder buttons. Anyway, drop another email, sometimes things get overlooked on their end. I'm hoping my Premium is on its way back to me tomorrow. Good luck to you on yours, I wasn't so bummed because I still have #14 that is in amazing shape since it was rebuilt for a bad LCD. Not all are so lucky and I hope the kinks get worked out and that only the bunk ones get griped about here.

A couple things that the conspiracy theorist in me noticed was that my serial number ends in 1800 and the sticker reads "first batch".

I thought that more that 1800 units had been built and shipped (assuming that the serial numbering is in order of assembly).
Whilst I can't comment on the type of sticker used (I do know that some Premium units have been reported to bear First Batch stickers, though), I can set your mind at ease, here.

Only the first 100 serial numbers are sequential - that is to say, only units 1 to 100 were definitely built and numbered in that order. All the rest are random. This was confirmed by Craig some time ago - I'll try to find the post if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Premium Pandora one week ago today...broken.

Over the weekend I was sad to discover that my right hand sd card slot will not lock in the card!!!!

Same here... got mine last week, have requested info about repair yesterday too, waiting for answer too...

I don't think it has anything to do with going premium, well... I hope so. I am quite sure that the pandora team is an honest team and that this is an unfortunate coincidence.

Back