It's loud.

Technically, the reflected wave is shifted by π/2 immediately, so no storing ;)
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here. The sealed enclosure around the rear side is tiny so I think you can safely ignore any wave-like effects there and just view it as the acoustic equivalent of a capacitor, storing energy by compressing or expanding the enclosed air.

Well, lore tells us that dragons sleep in their lair for aeons. So it is no wonder that a dragon without large amounts of sleep will get cranky, yea, even... evil...
So they have a dormant phase for some aeons instead of regular sleep. I wonder when the next one is due, hopefully not before the first 1000 Pyras are out in the wild.

i just watched ed's latest video (see twitter for url) about the iluminated pyra-logo in the dark!
the red/orange fire-effect is just looking awesome!!
maybe i can retire an lavalight when using this sitting nearby a wall?

thanks for sharing, ed!!! :)

Can't say that I really care for that backlight feature.

That said, perhaps it can be turned to use as a battery level indicator while charging.

That said, perhaps it can be turned to use as a battery level indicator while charging.
Afair it's exposed to the Linux kernel as a generic LED device, which means, as long as the OS is running, the logo can do pretty much anything you want it to, from showing the battery status as a color code to morseing carrot stock prices.

Afair it's exposed to the Linux kernel as a generic LED device, which means, as long as the OS is running, the logo can do pretty much anything you want it to
Given the fair number of auxiliary cores present, you can probably do most of it even when the OS isn't running.

Fancy led driver too... it can do fades / "breathing" on its own (datasheet)

I wasn't expecting the sound on the Pyra to be anything but average quality, to be honest.
This pleases the audiophile in me, can't wait to have a Pyra resting in my claws~

Sounds good!

Where have you been the last month? Welcome back btw.

In other posts ED has stated that they're doing more to seal the backs of the speakers to make it even better.

Back