What The Devil Is Going On With My Volume?

Tootai

Still Fresh
The button itself seems to work, but it's not controlling the sound anymore. I can only change the volume in the video player. In NES2X, i can only decrease the volume and increase it back to where I left it on the video player.

In UAE4All it doesn't do anything.
In Squidgesnes is damn loud, but the volume button works in the megadrive emu. What the hell do I do? It's really annoying.

I think it has to be coded in seperately for every single program. So not all programs have it coded in.

In NES2X, I *think* the volume is controlled in software. In the Video Player, it is controlled in hardware. The software volume cannot go any higher than the hardware volume.

As for SquidgeSNES and UAE4All, Hanz is correct.

Thanks for the quick replys. I just hope people implement volume control quickly into their programs. Sort of essential to have.

Tootai posted on Feb 19 2006 at 03:33 PM said:
Thanks for the quick replys. I just hope people implement volume control quickly into their programs. Sort of essential to have.

Actually I hope they don't and put it in the sound driver. Then it will be the same for everything. I don't think anyone should be using those buttons for anything else...

Yes I put it in the atari800 port, but it is a pain to have to do everywhere.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
foft posted on Feb 19 2006 at 06:20 PM said:

Actually I hope they don't and put it in the sound driver. Then it will be the same for everything. I don't think anyone should be using those buttons for anything else...

Mark
Yeah but if they put it in the sound driver it would be nice if it could be turned off so that we could have vertical playing games.

foft posted on Feb 19 2006 at 05:20 PM said:

Mark

Um yes, they should be able to use them for other things. In MAME it is real nice to have the volume used for action buttons so you don't have to contort your hand around the top to play Galaga, Centipede, Donkey Kong etc. Most other things it doesn't matter though.

OK, good point. Perhaps it should default to using Vol+ and Vol- in the driver with a custom ioctl to disable that behaviour.

Wonder if you can use the GP32 volume as a pot input:)

Mark

foft posted on Feb 19 2006 at 07:42 PM said:
OK, good point. Perhaps it should default to using Vol+ and Vol- in the driver with a custom ioctl to disable that behaviour.

Wonder if you can use the GP32 volume as a pot input:)

Mark

I wish GPH would have just used a regular volume knob in the first place, and had two normal action buttons where the volume is now ;)

Oh well it is GPH all of their ideas aren't the best.

Back