Volume Broken ? New Caanoo

farmerjonbmx

Still Fresh
I just got my caanoo friday and have ben struggling with the volume since it arrived.
I have tried diffrent emulators, diffrent and eventually had to put tape over the speakers to get normal volume levels.

Basically, I get no volume until the slider is about 1/3 of the way on. But at 1/3 it is too loud in most applications and games.
I can nudge it down to lower the volume and it just goes mute.
If I slide it right at all it is EXTREMELY LOUD.
So I am stuck at one volume level that is too loud most of the time.

Is this normal? or did I get a defective unit? Maybe there is a patch or firmware update that fixes this?

any opinions or suggestions appreciated.

thanks

Farmerjon

I've never heard of that issue, it sounds like it might be hardware related to me. It's probably worth updating to the latest firmware if you're not running it already, although I don't recall hearing about this problem with previous versions :huh:

Firmware 1.6.0

I am in the process of exchanging the faulty Caanoo now.

What are the MAJOR diffrences betwen a caanoo and the WIZ ?
I may end up exchanging for one of those.
The speakers on the back of the caanoo really bug me.
My fingers cover and uncover the speakers during gameplay which makes for some irritating changes in volume (broken volume adjustments aside)

The 1/3 part is normal i think. All of the units i have had mute at around 1/3rd, maybe closer to 1/4th or thereabouts. But you should clearly hear difference in volume all the way up to max. Otherwise it sounds like a hardware fault.

Now, welcome to the community :) How about joining our current ongoing competition?

/Uni

Last edited by a moderator:
Major differences IMO would be Cannoo is larger like a psp and has analog control while Wiz has dpad, Wiz is smaller and has an amazing oled screen with speakers on the front. As of now the Wiz has more software available but that could change.. I'm in the minority but I like my Wiz much better than the Caanoo mainly because the Cannoo is too big for MY liking and I NEED a dpad for playing games like Street fighter alpha 3 etc. Also like I said before the oled screen is just so nice. Still I like the Caanoo and my Dingoo as well.

wuerzet said:
And no dead pixels/bad pixels problem with your's oled screen ?
I have had no problems with either of my Wiz's Screens ( I have 2 ) but my one Wiz has a bad battery I think as it never reads properly.

LTStone said:
Major differences IMO would be Cannoo is larger like a psp and has analog control while Wiz has dpad, Wiz is smaller and has an amazing oled screen with speakers on the front. As of now the Wiz has more software available but that could change.. I'm in the minority but I like my Wiz much better than the Caanoo mainly because the Cannoo is too big for MY liking and I NEED a dpad for playing games like Street fighter alpha 3 etc. Also like I said before the oled screen is just so nice. Still I like the Caanoo and my Dingoo as well.

thanks for the input.

ya I like my Dingoo a LOT.... a brighter screen on the canoo would be nice as well as a dPad and speakers on the front.
I may pick one up WIZ as well just for those reasons. U can never have 2 many handhelds or game conoles :) (contrary to what my wife says)

It looks Like im stuck with the Caanoo I bought from Play Asia.. I tried to return it for the broken volume issue but they wont authorize a return themselves they tried to blame it on shipping/Fed EX and of course fed ex says the volume button/hardware problem is not covered under shipping insurance, I agree. Just a little warning/info for my fellow gamers who may be purchasing through Play Asia :)

Back