Is this your only main message board community, or are you into many?

How many MB communities are you in? (not counting Facebook etc)

• None (just a lurker)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Mainly here

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Many (feel free to list in a reply, if they're gaming/retro/mobile oriented and you want others to j

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters

skeezix

Internal Development
I'm curious .. are people feeling like they're part of our community here? and if so, are they also into a bunch of other message board communities, or is this it? Is this the only one you have time for, or are others just not as interesting/technical/savvy? or are you a message board freak with 10 communities, spending 3 hours a night posting?

For myself, I'm a member in a number of other big retro communities (Atari/coding mostly), but they're only a fraction compared to here.. I check in once a week to those guys, but check in 10 times a day here :)

jeff

Not including facebook, mailing lists, usenet groups, webrings, etc; I'm trying to compare to the sort of community we have here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say mainly here, I wasn't big into forums before joining the Pandora Community.. Hell I lurked around the original Pandora Forum on the GP2X site without a user account for a year before creating an account.

Outside of bluesnews.com, this is my only gaming related site I follow.

although occasionally I might visit the natami forum (lurking only) this is my main forum, I visit daily (multiple times a day).

I pootle around on the STK dev forums and submit artwork from time-to-time :)

I spllt my forum time between -

Here - OpenPandora.org

GLBasic.com - Coding forum and a nice place to just hang out.

Retro Remakes (OW-VG now) - I've always been a fan of retro/styled games - and have remade loads.

Blitz.com - old habits die hard I haven't used any version of Blitz for years, but have them all.

gp32x.de - more of a glimpse than anything else, as not a lot happens there nowadays

SoCoder.net - a small but friendly place to discuss mainly coding, but anything goes.

Jamma+ - arcade games and general prattle. A real nice bunch of people there

There are a few others I frequent from time to time.

Used to be active on a few boards daily but was a bit much on the time.

Hip hop one

QI one

Mac themes one, which got left behind when I jumped to Android

Xda one and couple others just now and then.

I've cut down my habit to just 2 forums a day now.

unless i end up someplace because of a new device, or i googled, im mostly only here as far as gaming goes

I hang out a bit on the Escapist. Been lurking there for years, and I keep my comments to the news articles and whatever the latest top 5 threads are. What I like about this place though is that it's a bit smaller and comfy, not like there's thousands of you guys, and not so many idiots here either. But there's only so much I can get out of reading about my future product every day, so I mostly keep it to reading up on the Pandora forums while I take my morning shit.

DCEmu

DOSGames.com Forums

Daedalusx64.com

A lot of the others i'm not really bothered about :)

Besides here, my other daily forums are:

The English Amiga Board: eab.abime.net

The Aussie Arcade Forums: www.aussiearcade.com.au

Here and as per THB, The Aussie Arcade Forum: www.aussiearcade.com.au

I also spend a short time on the following forums

BYOAC

Atariage

Handheldmuseum

Digitpress

I used to be a member at a trading card game forum and a guitar forum, but nowadays I only check this one regularly. I try not to get too attached to it, though, because I find it sucks up a lot of time. Plus sometimes it's hard to contribute without a physical unit.

This one , other than that I lurk more than that guy whos always sitting 2 seats behind you on the bus and cleaning his glasses when you look back .

Multiple, though I am most active here. Which is not all that active to be honest.

I'm an infrequent poster on about a dozen different forums, ranging from here to retrogaming to artsy stuff. If I would just commit to a couple I'd probably have something of an internet presence!

For the record, this is easily the most pleasant board I frequent now that the trolls have mostly evaporated :B

Back