Is this a scam?

Yes, this is a scam. Everyone here is in on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 7 years old Sony Ericsson K750 phone (my only phone), and the joystick worked bad from the start and went more broken after 2 years... it's a real pain to use it with that broken control, anyway it is still the best phone of the world for me.

I have a Pandora that have a very similar problem to the right nub, but there are no other devices like this... you can't just substitute a Pandora with a Wiz/Canoo, it's not possible !! You can do the opposite maybe, them are not computers (even if are more then consoles) !! And if someone thinks that this substitution is possible, then he just don't need a Pandora at all...

They really should stop these stupid replys to serious posts on these forums.

The thread eventually fizzles out because of the really childish

stupid remarks by some forum members.Have every right to be here so go on bury yer heads in the sand along with your

silly remarks .

Let us recap on the nightmare scenarios for this machine:

Money was taken in 2008 for the first batch machine, still over 300 orders not filled still case cable and physical build of machine issues

not good enough.

The case should have been made of brushed alumimiumn .(not crap plastic rubbish}

The first priority should have been the case this is still a major issue.

Nubs are still hit & miss

Why has this not been fixed.

The internal working board etc are ok. For a dream machine to be let down by physical build disaster is unforgivable.

Why are you pursuing new machines when these issues are not fixed?

The Pandora has been a nightmare machine for me

It is virtually unuasble whay am I not getting any answers??

Is everybody but a few of us looking at this like the Emperor,s new clothes.

Because money was lost at the beginning of this project it looks to get as much in as quick as possible

Pay for inferior device and shut up if it falls apart

The thread eventually fizzles out because of the really childish

stupid remarks by some forum members.Have every right to be here so go on bury yer heads in the sand along with your

silly remarks .

my point is money was taken in 2008 for the first batch machine still over300 orders not filled still case cable and physical build of machine

not good enough.

Oh look no "i" used at all children
Funny that.. I count 23...

And while I agree that there is a bit of fun being poked here, it's obvious... People come and go shouting "it's a scam" When that fact of the matter is it's a project that's trying to recover the situation. The situation sucks, I agree, but it's certainly not a scam since that would mean that Craigix and ED are sat in their respective mansions with swimming pools of cash in some unknown country and absolutely no one would have a Pandora. Where instead they are trying to be upfront about what is going on and trying to pull through this.

Pease read updated post above and see how funny I think things are.
These people really piss me off

Nice to know that I actually piss you off trying the best to recover everything and keep things going.

About your comment on the LCD Cables:

After the first ones failed, we looked for a new company to make it properly.

It worked, they produced 2000 cables and not a single one failed so far (within the last 2 years!)

Now the same company produced the next 1000 cables.

They even doubled the price, but they claim it's the exact same quality and exact same materials used.

Now about 15 out of 1000 failed so far. Could just be a problem with the machine and only a few ones might've been affected. Or they wanted to go cheap on us and used cheaper material. Who knows. Well, we'll know for sure after the analysis of the cable is finished.

So, imagine you want to throw a party. You want the best food available and test different delivery services. One is awesome, best food you ever tasted for a good price.

You first party you do with the food of that company was awesome.

Everyone was happy and loved the good food.

Then the delivery service increases the price, but as this is important for you, you decide to pay it as the food is soooo good.

Then the day of the next party is there. Over 100 guests. They start eating the food - and it's the worst they ever had. You taste a bit and yeah - it's terrible.

Yes, you're the one to blame, as this was your party and you were responsible for that.

But could you have something done to prevent that?

Not really. The food from the company always was good and suddenly it wasn't.

Some of your guests might say: "You really piss me off. How could you make a party with such horrible food?"

Others are more understanding: "Well, the food was really bad, but you couldn't have done much. Good to know though you're behind that and try to find out what happened here! Looking forward to your next party!"

Which is the better behaviour?

Well, who knows.

That's up for everyone himself to decide.

Pay for inferior device and shut up if it falls apart

I respect your displeasure and right to speak up about it, but I think this last statement is as equally ridiculous as the stupid replies. No one is saying (or implying) the device is inferior or that you should shut up about its imperfections. (And its imperfections don't make it inferior.)

Your questions about the situation have all been repeatedly answered, mainly because there have been others like yourself that seem to crawl out of the woodwork with the same demands and vitriol but zero awareness of the project status.

I don't know what to say to posters like you anymore, haters gonna hate I guess. :/ Maybe if you say something fair I can take you more seriously.

it wasnt you who pissed me off "Evil Dragon" I was talking about all the smart ass replies

Let me unedit that for you :) I tried to put a lovely border around it but my favourite picture frame generator site is borked today :(

H5APx.png

Just a little story of my retro experience.

Started off with a zx81 in the eighties (kit you built yourself)

Upgraded to spectrum 16k

Upgraded to spectrum 48k

Upgraded to spectrum 128k +2

Amiga 500

Amiga 600

Amiga 1200

Gp2x Wiz Gameboy Gameboy color ds and various tiger handhelds

Now the Pandora was purchased to relive these machines so you can see how it has not lived up to its promise.

Im sorry if I have upset anybody but I am very dissapointed with my experience.

Are you so dissapointed about the cracks in the plastic and the overall appearance/quality of the case, or do the emulators not work for you?

If it's the latter I am sure you can get all the help you need here if you just ask.

If it's the first ... well ... I guess then you're right: the Pandora is not perfect or flawless. It's not even pretty. I still love it though, especially for Amiga emulation (which is why I have problems to follow you, sorry).

You can get a new case if you want, the new ones are supposed to be a bit better, and it's not overly expensive. You can also try to contact ED via his store to see if there are other solutions that will satisfy you.

Now the Pandora was purchased to relive these machines so you can see how it has not lived up to its promise. Im sorry if I have upset anybody but I am very disappointed with my experience.
Since devs do read these forums, it might be nice to give constructive criticism, so that whatever you don't like can be fixed in software, or even hardware..

They even doubled the price, but they claim it's the exact same quality and exact same materials used.
Doubled price for half the quality? I hope you did not eat everything what they offer, especialy not if the quality is wrong.

And I would suggest not to use such companies anymore, or make better contracts that llimit price raising and stuff like that. So you also limit the bad surprises. ;)

I thought I had replied that the store was Craig's, but apparently that didn't post(it is openpandorasales at google mail).

I did not lend a friend 20 bucks. I payed 375 to a company in exchange for a product, 2 years ago. I asked for a refund about 8 weeks ago. I was in dire need of money( I was the one in the hospital, metaphorically speaking), I made it without the pandora money, but now I realized I just don't want one anymore, and my financial situation is still delicate.

I was told I would receive a refund within the week. After 3 weeks I asked again and I was told they'd send the refund again. After a while I emailed again to complain and never heard back.

Actually I'm waiting 12 weeks for the refund and got an email that I need to wait +2 more :/ I'm ex 1st batcher with 4 years waiting time.

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

Yes, this is a scam. Everyone here is in on it.

Nice use of sarcasm.

I don't know what to say to posters like you anymore, haters gonna hate I guess. :/ Maybe if you say something fair I can take you more seriously.

I say open a dictionary and look up the words 'fair', 'scam' or 'awereness', you don't seem to understand their meaning.

I bought a premium Pandora that was advertised as being deliverable within 7 business days. I finally got it four months later. This premium unit was 200$ more expensive than the 'normal' Pandora, even though they both shared the same specs. So yes, you could say that I was scammed for 200$ because I never got the product in the timeline promised by OP.org

If that wasn't enough, my unit had cracks when it arrived, but I never bothered to send it back because who the hell knew when I'd see it again, if ever.

Ready for more? My unit died about 4 months ago and I asked around the board about what to do with my broken unit or where to send it for repairs. Nobody seemed to know. One member suggested that I contact Craig, which I did but never really got an answer.

Because I live in Canada, I asked Link if he could do something about it. At that point I thought I finally made a breakthrough but he was moving his shop around the USA and my PM's got lost, I guess. It took me 3 months to get an answer, imagine that. In the end, Craig finally wakes up and says he ain't got any spare parts. Apparently I was supposed to send it to Michael, in Germany. I remember ED first told me that the obvious thing is to contact the buyer. Obvious, huh?

Contact A, vague answer, Contact A again, no answer. Wait for A. Contact B, says hold on, B is no more. A says I don't do repairs anymore. D doesn't take RMA's from A, E says contact F. Obvious is obvious. At some point I felt I was doing one of those illogical puzzles from those old Lucas Arts adventure games.

Anyway, perhaps you weren't scammed, but I felt that I was. You're in no position to tell me otherwise.

You're speaking of zero awareness on the customers' side, but are the company staff aware about the status of their own project?

^

I apologize for not getting back to you. I just got parts at the end of September, so I wouldn't have been able to get to your unit until the first week of October. There's people waiting years for their Pandora, and parts are in short supply outside of Ingolstadt. People have waited months for repairs in the past for parts to arrive. I think you have a very pessimistic view, considering you actually have a Pandora to show for your money. I understand it isn't functioning properly, but you just caught me at a bad time without extra parts.

Back