Is this a scam?

I'm sorry but, I bought my Pandora more than two years ago(more like 2 and a half or three quarters), and now that I finally don't know what I would do with it even if I got it, I asked for my money back.

But I didn't get my money back, and I didn't get a Pandora, so I have to ask: is this a scam? Did I just give someone $375 out of the kindness of my heart?

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not, it isn't.

Although many units are already delivered, the first unit queue isn't cleared due to the numerous problems encountered in the first years.

Hopefully, the production is now stable and the overall Pandora quality improved with the new motherboard company.

Don't worry, your refund will occur.

In which shop did you ordered ?

Here's some pictures of the Pandora stand, at the GamesCom, the biggest video games event in Europe:

Just to make you feel better about the reality of the Pandora :^).

You can make a real product, I buy that, but if I give you money and you refuse to give me either the product or the money when I request it back, then regardless of how real the pandora is, I'm getting duped.

Could be helpfull if you would tell us where you bought the Pandora from. If the shop resided in the UK, it was from Craig, if the shop resided in Germany it was from ED. I guess you bought it from Craig. If so, i fear you have to be a little more patient, he was going through a financial situation in the last couple of months. But as is last news Post is suggesting he is already in the recovery process.

Best approach would be to first make a request in the "ask craig questions" section, and in parallel writing a PM to Craig and an EMail to the shop. Then have a little patience, and do it again after a week or two with no response (well, without the part of creating a request in the "ask crag" section).

At this point I see no reason why you would not get your money back, just be patient, friendly and persistent.

If you lend a friend $20 and the next day he gets hit by a bus and is in the hospital for 6 months, long after he promised to pay you back, has he scammed you?

Communication has been a major problem for the team, unfortunately. They get a lot of emails. If you've heard nothing, just keep pestering them until you get your refund, that's all I can say. Not every day, of course, they may be out of the hospital but they're still limping along through recovery. ;)

I thought I had replied that the store was Craig's, but apparently that didn't post(it is openpandorasales at google mail).

I did not lend a friend 20 bucks. I payed 375 to a company in exchange for a product, 2 years ago. I asked for a refund about 8 weeks ago. I was in dire need of money( I was the one in the hospital, metaphorically speaking), I made it without the pandora money, but now I realized I just don't want one anymore, and my financial situation is still delicate.

I was told I would receive a refund within the week. After 3 weeks I asked again and I was told they'd send the refund again. After a while I emailed again to complain and never heard back.

Craig has recently raised more than $200,000 on his kickstarter campaign, so I'd assume that your money is in the post, so to speak.

D.

That $200'000 is for the iCP2. He can't use it for Pandora related matters. Well, I guess he technically could, but he'd be in a lot of trouble for it, more trouble than he is now I mean.

That $200'000 is for the iCP2. He can't use it for Pandora related matters. Well, I guess he technically could, but he'd be in a lot of trouble for it, more trouble than he is now I mean.

Any profit on the $200,000 belongs to Craig & he can do whatever he wants with it, however guessing how much of that will be profit before the ICP2s are delivered is of course a little risky.

Ok so I went to ask Craig forum and it is full of the same type of complaint. Seriously, he is just neglecting to give money back, for whatever reason it is. They could at least say that they cannot do it, but everyone just gets an empty promise that never comes true. And I don't like this whole "let's separate Evil Dragon from Craig". I did not know I was dealing with one of many Pandora stores, and I did not know that I was gonna get screwed on account of that choice. If the pandora site does not make that distinction, I don't see why we should, seriously.

If the pandora site does not make that distinction, I don't see why we should, seriously.

Craig's and Evil Dragon's Shops have always been separate, The Pandora site has always had the differentiation between the two. But that's not the point, no one would of known ahead of time Craig's shop would run into issues..

Ok so I went to ask Craig forum and it is full of the same type of complaint. Seriously, he is just neglecting to give money back, for whatever reason it is. They could at least say that they cannot do it, but everyone just gets an empty promise that never comes true. And I don't like this whole "let's separate Evil Dragon from Craig". I did not know I was dealing with one of many Pandora stores, and I did not know that I was gonna get screwed on account of that choice. If the pandora site does not make that distinction, I don't see why we should, seriously.
Yes it is full of the same sort of complaint, but many of those complaints will have long since been resolved. And he isn't neglecting anything - He is still trying to sort out the problem of the preorder backlog and deal with lots of emails and try to keep himself afloat to continue solving the problems that have occurred with the project.

If you wait, you'll get your Pandora, if you send a message wanting a refund, then you will get your refund. And we are all waiting for the day when the preorder queues are finally cleared.

I cannot believe the 1st batch have not been fulfilled. I just was able to buy the buy now Pandora at a higher price ( the legendary 7 day machine)

I have lost total interest in the machine since cracks started appearing. Now somebody correct me here but we still have not got a perfect machine.(even the 1ghz units shiny silver case and all)

I mean the cable issue should have been fixed. I do not post here much anymore because the cold truth is that this is a bug ridden project that limps from one fault to the other and back again.

I paid a lot of of money for a crack filled piece of plastic I could not believe people were trying to fix it with some craft glue type compound.

I stuck with this project for years having owned several Amigas that never showed a crack (and still own by the way)

I did not even bother to send it back because I waited so long I am in my 50s now I have reverted back to my gp2x and Wiz for retro ware.

I wish I never wasted so many years on this project that never got there how many people feel like me.

If you posted any sort of criticisim you were nearly thrown off the forums.

I am total retro game that is my main hobby the Pandora took a lot of memories away from me, reply anybody or does the real truth hurt?

I am buying an Android at Christmas it at least seems to play Lotus Turbo Challenge from an emulated floppy drive..

^ There is a lot of I's on the left of that post.

I have two Pandoras a First Batch 256MB unit and a 512 Rebirth unit, One is almost 2 years old the other a year old.. superficial imperfections aside still the most used device I use on a daily basis..

I know I'll have years of fun with them.

Now my question is for someone that claims to have no interest anymore why are you still here?

Well my new 3DS has been going off after a minute at most each time I start it so I got used to play that one by cable only. Then I used a PSP screwdriver, took out the battery - and inserted it again and it works now like magic!

I was unsatisfied with the 3DS for weeks because of the "auto shut off" issue, now I´ve "repaired" it myself.

My point is, these things happen with electronics.

Only issue I´ve been having with the Pandora is its battery cover. I have now GLUED it to the Pandora :D

So, one drop of glue each on the left and the right side has made it 100% useful again.

Have you never had anything similar with any kind of electronic handheld device (only exception seems to be the original Gameboy, that thing will survive a volcano eruption)?

I collect handheld gaming devices, and to the extent of "a crack" or "not perfectly fitting battery cover", pretty much every handheld has had a minor issue to cope with :)

Now that I think of it, battery cover of my original GB has been rattling for a long time.

Nobody is perfect.

The frustration of long waiting times is a different subject matter.

Back