Purchasing a Pandora handheld

You should also beware of a torrent of demons leaving the box when you open it for the first time ;)

(also swarms of daemons springing into existence every time you power-on :p )
That's fine, I'll just put them to work on my FreeBSD box.

Play mainly some MAME and other emulators that couldn't work well on my M3 DS REAL in a convenient preference. My parents aren't familiar with Internet forums on how they work.
Not to discourage you from buying it, but do you really think that the Pandora will be the device you want?

I think it is a great little gadget and not really complicated, but it isn't a mainstream console either.

On the other hand you managed to order it despite the problems with your parents. If you keep this persistence and dive into the ocean of options the Pandora offers, you will get the most out of it: Not only gaming with emulators but using it as a minicomputer to watch movies, surf the internet, program your own apps, do wordprocessing, calculations, play homebrew games...

Be sure to install PNDManager as one of your first programs. Then browse the repo with it and try out all kind of programs.

Welcome on board. Let us know, when you got it and if you need any help.

The item will appear on Monday at around 5 or 6 PM EST.

Play mainly some MAME and other emulators that couldn't work well on my M3 DS REAL in a convenient preference. My parents aren't familiar with Internet forums on how they work.

Not to discourage you from buying it, but do you really think that the Pandora will be the device you want?

I think it is a great little gadget and not really complicated, but it isn't a mainstream console either.

On the other hand you managed to order it despite the problems with your parents. If you keep this persistence and dive into the ocean of options the Pandora offers, you will get the most out of it: Not only gaming with emulators but using it as a minicomputer to watch movies, surf the internet, program your own apps, do wordprocessing, calculations, play homebrew games...

Be sure to install PNDManager as one of your first programs. Then browse the repo with it and try out all kind of programs.
Hmmm, I wonder if it is the best portable emulation device at this time? I asked these people below what the best emulation device is, then when I saw the prices drop on the Open Pandora, I thought this was a good time to purchase one.
RacketBoy

Hardcore Gaming 101

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how one of the guys bashes the gcw zero because it has an "ancient" mips architecture chip, then suggests the psp as a one of the best emulation platforms...

It now arrived a few minutes ago! Thank you for your cooperation!

Good to hear it.

Please consider adding your customer experience to this thread just in case there are others who are worried if Link is a legitimate supplier.

Also after you have carefully read the unofficial user manual the first thing I'd try is PND Manager.

Good luck & welcome to the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now where should I ask questions like "How do I install PND Manager?" and "How do I install FireFox and change it as the default browser?"

Now where should I ask questions like "How do I install PND Manager?" and "How do I install FireFox and change it as the default browser?"
The repo: http://repo.openpandora.org/

Firefox : http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=firefox.hdonk.500

Pnd Manager: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pndmanager-bzar

Create a folder on your SD sdcard/pandora/menu

Save the pnds into this folder

Once there they should be autodetected into your start menu.

I love how one of the guys bashes the gcw zero because it has an "ancient" mips architecture chip, then suggests the psp as a one of the best emulation platforms...
LOL PSP is a MIPS architecture as well that is so funny they would dis it.  Man I can't wait till my Pandora is here.  Will be here Friday!  OMG I have been getting my collection of roms put together and ready!

Back