Pandora doesnt show any signs of life , does not turn on.

phatbrasil

Still Fresh
Hello I bought my Pandora about three months ago and after a week long trip where I left my Pandora charging, it wont turn on anymore.

I have an extra battery and and extra charger , I tried switching them both but no success.

I also tried taking out the battery and turning the unit on but also didn't work, I tried the mini usb and usb but nothing happens.

is there something else I can do to be able to use my pandora again ?

Thank you guys very much, before this I was enjoying my pandora very much.

Wait, so you left it on charge for about 1 week?

yes I left it charging for a week. I now know is not what I should've done.

but I plugged it in and sort of forgot about it. I only remembered when I was on the plane wanting to play something.

Ah, ok, but I thought the START button wasn't required though?

Actually, I'm not sure about that, you're right that just the shoulder button seems to engage a similar/same mode, but MWeston used to say s+s so maybe we need to confirm it ;)

Start does nothing on a bootup with battery insertion. The start button only forces a reset when pressed with the power button which wouldn't be necessary on initial power on because the PMIC will force the reset on its own.

Oops, that's wrong. I'm referring to the Pandora button here. It's been a while!

The start button forces a peripheral boot which looks at UART, USB and SD before defaulting back to NAND. Pressing the shoulder button on powerup still uses the NAND but goes into that boot menu Notaz created.

So start is only necessary if you are dealing with an empty or corrupted NAND and you have a bootable SD card inserted in slot 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried holding right trigger + start when connecting the battery?

I tried that just now, no sign of life; nothing happened.

tomorrow I will buy a multimeter to check the stats of the battery.

thank you all once again

Ok, please keep us updated.

Ah, ok, but I thought the START button wasn't required though?

Actually, I'm not sure about that, you're right that just the shoulder button seems to engage a similar/same mode, but MWeston used to say s+s so maybe we need to confirm it ;)

Start does nothing on a bootup with battery insertion. The start button only forces a reset when pressed with the power button which wouldn't be necessary on initial power on because the PMIC will force the reset on its own.

Oops, that's wrong. I'm referring to the Pandora button here. It's been a while!

The start button forces a peripheral boot which looks at UART, USB and SD before defaulting back to NAND. Pressing the shoulder button on powerup still uses the NAND but goes into that boot menu Notaz created.

So start is only necessary if you are dealing with an empty or corrupted NAND and you have a bootable SD card inserted in slot 1.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. Cheers to both of you.

Bookmarked post for reference. Thanks MWeston!

Hello everyone , thank you for all your help.

I went out and bought a multimeter, I think I will need to send it in to fix.

the batteries are pumping out 4v and 1a.

do you guys know the correct address that I should send this to ?

Back