Is Gp64 A Legend?

The GP64 was already in development when the GP32 was released in Korea...

pocket posted on Apr 19 2004 at 11:03 PM said:
Eh?

i have sources pretty close to gamepark and since january 2004 they had not made anything else than gpi, gp32, few addons to gp32 (like the vga out that fx-man has), old versions of gp32, some weird looking console (no colorscreen etc) for some korean company, ixi stuff and some other unrelated stuff..

Nothing even remotely resembling a next-gen gp32 ;)

And GPi is not prototype .. they showed it few years back at e3 ..
my guess would be that KTF - the korean operator that ordered gpi didn't want them at the end and gamepark didn't start manufacturing those..

Last edited by a moderator:
empee posted on Apr 19 2004 at 11:10 PM said:
pocket posted on Apr 19 2004 at 11:03 PM said:
Eh?

i have sources pretty close to gamepark and since january 2004 they had not made anything else than gpi, gp32, few addons to gp32 (like the vga out that fx-man has), old versions of gp32, some weird looking console (no colorscreen etc) for some korean company, ixi stuff and some other unrelated stuff..

Nothing even remotely resembling a next-gen gp32 ;)
Well, your sources could be wrong...

My first source at this time : direct Game Park interview I did, all informations were published in the french magazine "Pocket Magazine", when the GP32 was released in Korea.

pocket_10_large.jpg

Attachments

• pocket_10_large.jpg
    pocket_10_large.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 103
  • pocket_10_large.jpg
    pocket_10_large.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 107
And GPi is not prototype.. they showed it few years back at e3 ..
Sorry should have been more clear... that’s what I meant, that they never manufactured it. :p

And I have to say that personally I would buy a GPI in a heartbeat. Fully working Linux... ::Drools:: :lol:

pocket posted on Apr 19 2004 at 11:16 PM said:
My first source at this time : direct Game Park interview I did, all informations were published in the french magazine "Pocket Magazine", when the GP32 was released in Korea.
Well.. then they were lying ..
GPi is the most powerfull handheld made by them..
dunno if they have started making new hardware since january but i'm sure that there hasn't been anything more than gpi before it

empee posted on Apr 20 2004 at 12:10 AM said:
few addons to gp32 (like the vga out that fx-man has)
Drat, I would kill for a VGA-out unit...but I doubt Gamepark has the resources (or business sense) to mass-produce them...

Back on-topic, I *believe* Gamepark had planned to have a new product out in early 2005 - this was fairly recent news (link)

Remember seeing a screen shot of it outputing to a TV. Looked a bit blurry, but would still be cool. B)
Back on-topic, I *believe* Gamepark had planned to have a new product out in early 2005
Gamepark might have meant the BLU, but it's VERY nice to dream about the GP64. ;)

Yea i heard about the GPi and it looks great! Some rumors i heard was that the GP64 can handle more features and can play playstaion quality games.

of course, a gp64 would be nice, but the gp32 hasn't found it's limits yet!

i just can dream of, wearing a genesis and snes in my pocket......see you in may 1st...

empee posted on Apr 19 2004 at 11:37 PM said:
pocket posted on Apr 19 2004 at 11:16 PM said:
Well.. then they were lying ..
GPi is the most powerfull handheld made by them..
dunno if they have started making new hardware since january but i'm sure that there hasn't been anything more than gpi before it
I never said they produced units at this time, but they were starting developing and working on it ;)

Btw you say Game Park was lying, what is your source, wich seems to be better ?

pocket posted on Apr 20 2004 at 12:12 AM said:
Well.. i cant really reveal my source but it's closer to gamepark than gamepark itself ;)

And to go back to gp32 addons .. there was some ixi stuff done (see ixi.com)
i'd really like to see ixi enabled gp32 ;)

empee posted on Apr 20 2004 at 09:31 AM said:
pocket posted on Apr 20 2004 at 12:12 AM said:
Well.. i cant really reveal my source but it's closer to gamepark than gamepark itself ;)
Erm... sorry but I don't trust this type of comments anymore... There has been so many people in the "community" claiming they knew everything... and everything was bullshit :(

pocket posted on Apr 20 2004 at 10:04 AM said:
empee posted on Apr 20 2004 at 09:31 AM said:
Erm... sorry but I don't trust this type of comments anymore... There has been so many people in the "community" claiming they knew everything... and everything was bullshit :(
Yea.. you shouldn't trust anyone who has been around since the end of 2001 ;)

Back