What Is Gamepark Up To?

Efompor

Premium Member
Website
Visit site
What exactly is GamePark doing right now? Are they designing any future products or anything? Rescheduling the European Launch (hopefully)? GP64? I havent heard anything from them in quite a while

pretty recently they released new betas for the Firmware, in which appears to be the Euro firmwaer i think...

I think they are prepairing for the Euro release, and planning on what happends if they get really popular

We can but hope they do so. Successfully.

And people don't just decide to buy nGage or wait for the PSP...

Unless of course we all want to be elitist people in here and hope no-one else arrives, and the community simply stays stable. But we're not like that, are we?

I just wish there were more native GP32 games. Emu's are nice and Homebrew is awesome but I think it could really use some more hardcore professional titles.

Alpha2 posted on Feb 15 2004 at 03:19 PM said:
I just wish there were more native GP32 games. Emu's are nice and Homebrew is awesome but I think it could really use some more hardcore professional titles.
Second that. More professionally produced games dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess the 64 in gp64 would be the memory capacity and not the precesor strength. would you like to see a 200mhz gp32 with 64mb ram? what if they partnered with snk to make a neogeo emulator, now that would rox.

jlebrech posted on Feb 15 2004 at 10:39 PM said:
i guess the 64 in gp64 would be the memory capacity and not the precesor strength. would you like to see a 200mhz gp32 with 64mb ram?
I think 200 wouldn't be that much better. Today there are Palm-Handhelds that run with 400 Mhz while having a long battery life (but they are not that much fun like a gp). How about a GP400 with 128 MB ?

It's really not impossible. Expensive, yes. But what did people pay for a Commodore 64, Atari, Amiga in the beginning ?

Can you imagine what emulators would get possible ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont want to put a downer on everybodys dreams but if the machine gets too powerful then they are harder to program (for beginners) for and we will lose our beloved home development and sense of community. Perhaps you dont feel the same but I think it is this sense of community that makes the gp32 so special.

B) I hope below specifications can be found on future .

- S3C2440X (533Mhz, ARM9 processor from Samsung semiconductor)
- 32bit 32MB~64MB SDRAM
- 320x240 TFT LCD with back-light or front-light.
- Compact Flash(type-I/II) interface instead of SmartMedia.
- RTC(battery backed) feature.

The retail price should be less than US$199.
So, we need to forget the internal rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery.

If Gamepark open the SDK for home development with pretty cheap JTAG cable,
everybody in community will be really happy.

We can/may enjoy Divx movies without converting, if you have MicroDrive.
GBA gaming with OGG playing on background music(maybe mixed with game sound).

Can we emulate Play-Station-One with above specification?

i think they need to code some really good games for gp32 for the euro release (if it happens) cuz they will get thier ass handed to them by nintendo if they release the games they have now... i wish sega would make sumthing for gp32, that would rock my freaken socks off

if they relese little wizard and the like for the euro release while nintenod has all these nifty RPG games and whaynot for gba....as i said before, their will be some ass whooping.

and not everyone know how to use emulators, or find roms for them for that matter...why did you buy your gp32? probobly for emulators and not the commercial games, thats true for sure 95% of the time...

Gamepark are working on something, but they have no money.

If they get their euro launch (have to admit i've not spoken to them about it since xmas) they will no doubt try to come up with something new.

The GPI had a 200mhz cpu and touch screen and there is a SDK for it floating about...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Back