Anyone Received Their F-200 Yet ?

That's a security measure to stop newbies from using the gp2x.

Have you tried a different SD card? Is the SD card slot properly soldered down (they can lift when soldering sometimes, pushing it out of shape).

The power switch is naff on mine. It's probably normal though. Just stiff.

I've had problems with SD cards in the past on cameras and mobiles. It's stiffer because of the stickers they use. I've got a 4 gig SD HC card from Play.com in mine. It went in and out ok but wasn't too smooth. Took the label off (its actually a Toshiba card) and its a bit better.

Maybe worth trying that.

Orkie said:
Why did you open something that is clearly faulty? You've surely voided your warranty now?
I had to take out my SD card before I send the unit back.

I just paid almost £50 for the card and if I sent it off in the f200 it may go missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping my f200 will turn up at work tomorrow.. Taking in a SD card with a few vids and my own code in, and a few sets of AAs!!

Wish me luck - sounds like I might need it!

deluded said:
Hoping my f200 will turn up at work tomorrow.. Taking in a SD card with a few vids and my own code in, and a few sets of AAs!!

Wish me luck - sounds like I might need it!
Bought one from play-asia and expect to get it tomorrow as well (or maybe Tuesday). Don't like the idea of sending it back so I wish us luck :)

Vilmos said:
Damn! My F200 is in the mail and should arrive Monday or more likely Tuesday...

I hope the faulty units are scarce!
I doubt there was a rash of faulty units. Just like anything else, I'm sure it's just isolated incidents. I got my F-200 and it's worked perfectly. And you have to factor in shipping. I'm not saying that they were poorly packaged, but any number of things could have happened between GPH to the distributors and from the distributors to the consumers. Things tend to settle in their packaging. I have a small eBay business and I'm always worried that something will happen to the items I ship no matter how good I package them, because let's face it, no matter what postal service you use, there's a certain amount of human error (particularly carlessness) involved. Hearing that the SD card got stuck in a unit sounds more like an issue with the SD card than the unit itself... I have a Kingston 50X 2GB SD card (which I got for a great price at NewEgg!) and it slid in to both my MKII and my F-200 like silk.

Back