Anyone Received Their F-200 Yet ?

Fruity

Still Fresh
I ordered mine from GP2x.co.uk ages ago and was told mid October but here we are approaching the end of the month and it's still not with me and I paid for Special Delivery !

Anyone got their's yet?

Can't believe how long it's taking. :angry:

Cry more?
Do you know how long early adopters of the First Edition had to wait?
It's called a preorder for a reason. Yes the waiting gets annoying, but if you had asked around before ordering, those of us that had preordered the First Edition could have told you it might be a while before GPH get the stock to the distributers)

EDIT: Sorry. I'm grumpy before I've had a cup of tea in the morning.

PokeParadox said:
Cry more?
Do you know how long early adopters of the First Edition had to wait?
It's called a preorder for a reason. Yes the waiting gets annoying, but if you had asked around before ordering, those of us that had preordered the First Edition could have told you it might be a while before GPH get the stock to the distributers)

EDIT: Sorry. I'm grumpy before I've had a cup of tea in the morning.

Out of interest - how long did you have to wait ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember exactly, but it was a few months.

I think I preordered in September and got my 2X just before Christmas... I suck at dates.
Most First Edition preorders had to wait a good while because GPH took their sweet time to get stock to the distributors.

Mk2's took a long time too, maybe not as long as the first editions, but I'm sure I was waiting for at least 6 weeks.

Patience is a virtue ;)

"Calm down my babies"

It's only been a day since the release date. This isn't a launch style in the vein of the big three (Where the date is scheadule when they are actually in stores. I could be wrong but I think the Oct 21 date was for shipping to the distros. We should beable to see them before holloween, that is, if you celebrate holloween in your country; if not, Oct 31. ;)

GPH dropped me an eMail they'll ship them to the distributors out sometimes in the second half of this week.

EvilDragon said:
GPH dropped me an eMail they'll ship them to the distributors out sometimes in the second half of this week.

In short it will be a mirracle if the Distributors get them before the end of the month - and the rest of us some time after that. Any news on if they did anything with the d-pad or do we have to wait untill somone has one to find out?

Most likely if its been shipped...nothing else would have been done to the d-pad...I mean once you hit the final point before you distribute you really can't alter anything else...anymore revisions would end up being done 1 or 2 years down the line.

I would much rather wait a month and see whatever is going on with the d-pad sorted out myself.

Which isn't much by any stretch by the imagination...for all we know the Dpad is probably horrible and needs a patch or whatever...but who cares...better than that joystick any day of the week.

garzyboi said:
Which isn't much by any stretch by the imagination...for all we know the Dpad is probably horrible and needs a patch or whatever...but who cares...better than that joystick any day of the week.

thats kind of what I am banking on ;)

I just hope if a DIY mod is needed its just a simple one like the stock d-pad on the old PSP. That pad is on the low end of passible out of the box but works like a charm for me now... :D

The ideal would be not having to crack open your new system to do these things though.

garzyboi said:
It actually isn't a D-pad at all. It is just 4 separate buttons close together. I know you may think it is like the PSP where it is a d-pad under a plastic front that is separated. It isn't, GPH is just so retarded. If you need a bit of proof just look at that Blood Cross demo on youtube. You will see the guy playing press the buttons one at a time. When he does press a button the others don't move meaning they are mechanically separated. It will need a mod to be very useable for actually playing games.

Damn, your right I didn't notice that little part where didn't move damn...I gotta be blind as heck.

anyway Dave got any idea on how to mod it??

replace it with a legit D-pad?
or just the whole thing?

Still on another not hmmm, the guy didn't look like he was pulling any movements though...unless I forgot or wansn't paying a whole lot of attention.

you know like standard movements such as QCFx2
or DP motion to rdp, or HCB.

granted I think a HCB motion might be impossible if the D-pad is that jacked up

actually now that I think about it any motion for fighting game might be horrible...oiy...

garzyboi said:
Damn, your right I didn't notice that little part where didn't move damn...I gotta be blind as heck.

anyway Dave got any idea on how to mod it??

replace it with a legit D-pad?
or just the whole thing?

Still on another not hmmm, the guy didn't look like he was pulling any movements though...unless I forgot or wansn't paying a whole lot of attention.

you know like standard movements such as QCFx2
or DP motion to rdp, or HCB.

granted I think a HCB motion might be impossible if the D-pad is that jacked up

actually now that I think about it any motion for fighting game might be horrible...oiy...
DaveC did suggest a possible simple D-pad mod a little while ago (pretty much as soon as he saw the look of the D-pad on the F200), Glue a disk of plastic or metal (Coin ?) the same dimensions as the existing F200 D-pad, To make it act as one complete unit, Rather that 4 seperate sections.

Trooper

is it really not useable with buttons shaped like a d-pad like that? is it better than the F100 for playing games?

Back