iphone / USB Drive

MO1

Still Fresh
Hey guys:

Is there any information out there were one could link an iPhone or

iPad through a Pandora to a 128 gig Thumb drive.

Give you access to more memory from these Apple devices.

MO1

the iphone doesnt really support attaching extra storage to it.

its been a while since i played on one. but if you jailbreak it, you might be able to mount an sftp drive. if you can. you could in theory mount it in a video player app document dir or something like that, so that it would be able to read its content natively. but without a wifi adapter, the pandora tend to have very limited speed, so it would be slow at best.

i know that for windows and mac, there is a usb network driver for the iphone, that basicly let you connect to the iphone using a network interface, but on the usb cable which is much faster. although i dont know if such driver exist for linux, let alone open source.

For both those method, youll need a jailbroken iphone, and i would not recommend it to someone with limited experience with unix.

the iphone doesnt really support attaching extra storage to it.

its been a while since i played on one. but if you jailbreak it, you might be able to mount an sftp drive. if you can. you could in theory mount it in a video player app document dir or something like that, so that it would be able to read its content natively. but without a wifi adapter, the pandora tend to have very limited speed, so it would be slow at best.

i know that for windows and mac, there is a usb network driver for the iphone, that basicly let you connect to the iphone using a network interface, but on the usb cable which is much faster. although i dont know if such driver exist for linux, let alone open source.

For both those method, youll need a jailbroken iphone, and i would not recommend it to someone with limited experience with unix.

My Iphone and ipad are both jailbroke. Thanks, for the info I will look into the network interface.

MO1

Back