What every pandora owner needs

essex boy

Still Fresh
those of you lucky enough to have your pandora's already (you lucky lucky b@%*^%ds!) and the rest of us wo are promised to have one by the end of the year, although what year is any one'ss guess needs one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/64-GB-Neu-USB-Leathe-Flash-Memory-Stick-Thumb-Drive-/230536980614?pt=UK_WSJL_Wholesale_GL&hash=item35ad132886

64 GB Neu USB Leathe Flash Memory Stick Thumb Drive

and at £13.28 you cant go wrong, especially when you compare the cost of memory cards i've just ordered one i think it's a cheap way of making your pandora a real portable pc with all your media files

i do a lot of travelling so for me it's ideal

Have you read this? Flash drives of that size aren't as cheap as 15€ and this one does not look like an exception. If you bought one of those check whether you can use the full capacity before you save anything important on it or you might lose it.

Have you read this? Flash drives of that size aren't as cheap as 15€ and this one does not look like an exception. If you bought one of those check whether you can use the full capacity before you save anything important on it or you might lose it.
damn and i thought bi njust got the bargin of the year i hope i get at least 16gb then i paid £15 a few years ago for a 8gb sd card apart from buying a portable external drive do nu have any other suggestions for cheap storage because 32 gb sd cards are expensive

^ You almost certainly won't get 16GB. As Lockenlord notes, it's very likely to be a fake. I agree with this analysis, especially having spent the last couple of years trying to warn people against this.

You're more likely to get about 64MB to 512MB (and usually an untrustworthy, low-grade, rejected flash chip, at that), going on recent fakes I've seen documented at SOSFakeFlash (see my signature). Even if you did get 16GB (again, unlikely), you would never be able to trust it to be reliable, because hacked drives like that are usually made with low-grade parts, and the controller chip hacks are usually very damaging, because they futz with the wear-levelling and other stuff.

When it arrives, you'll need to test it with H2testw. This will let you know what it really is. Be prepared for it to take a while.

SOSFakeFlash is also worth a look because they have documents that may be able to assist you in the sometimes-difficult task of getting a refund.

As far as suggestions for cheap storage go, the fact is this: You get what you pay for, and you shouldn't even consider looking on eBay for it. Go check out Amazon UK and Play.com's prices, and as a cautionary measure you may wish to avoid third-party sellers making use of their sites' facilities, as fakes have sometimes been known to pop up via these avenues also.

EDIT: I just took a look at the auction itself. Advertising a generic drive, but providing details for a SanDisk one, really? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus os right. i bought 2 32gb sd cards from ebay and got scammed. both are only 2gb in reallity even thou they say 32gb on them. those basterds

newegg.com is also a great place for USA buyers, dont mess with ebay and memory cards

damn and i thought bi njust got the bargin of the year i hope i get at least 16gb then i paid £15 a few years ago for a 8gb sd card apart from buying a portable external drive do nu have any other suggestions for cheap storage because 32 gb sd cards are expensive
£15 sounds like a reasonable price for an 8GB card. If you want 32GB you will have to spend at least £50 or more likely £60. Maybe you'll find a good offer somewhere but remember to be careful with any piece of flash memory you find on the internet - especially on ebay - or simply avoid unknown dealers and buy it off of Amazon or simply offline.

Advertising a generic drive, but providing details for a SanDisk one, really? :(
I also like the item location which is Suzhou, which is in Jiangsu and aparantly in Ireland. :D
Following the SanDisk naming standards the product code also refers to a 32GB device.

Just for kicks and to help warn others who are not as aware of the fakes I asked him a question on his auction as to why he lists the Sandisk 32GB drive but shows a leather one and even mention his auction was 6X less the cost of the cheapest real Sandisk 64GB drive (which also doesn't come in leather), So I asked what the real manufacturer was and what the tested capacity is. Let's see how he responds and mentioned with so many fake flash drives out there one has to ask.

Seeing as how a lot of his feedback is double entries and all of his negative feedback he claims are dishonest buyers, I doubt it will get a response, but I never ebay anymore, years since I have so I might as well use the account for something like annoying fake flash sellers.

HAHAHAHA, Just clicked back to see if the Bass-Tard ever responded to my question, gee and there is no response, and there is no more auction, seems it has been removed. Got a bit worried that someone saw through his scam. Now I'm gonna have to go and try to see if he's got more auctions and if he's canceled them or not.

£15 sounds like a reasonable price for an 8GB card. If you want 32GB you will have to spend at least £50 or more likely £60. Maybe you'll find a good offer somewhere but remember to be careful with any piece of flash memory you find on the internet - especially on ebay - or simply avoid unknown dealers and buy it off of Amazon or simply offline.

I also like the item location which is Suzhou, which is in Jiangsu and aparantly in Ireland. :D

Following the SanDisk naming standards the product code also refers to a 32GB device.
thanks for the good advice in my mind i have written off the purchase price and put it down to experience i think for now i will go for 2 16gb cards http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-16GB-SDHC-Class-Memory/dp/B002WE4HE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287577692&sr=8-1 this will be enough for my snes n64 and mame games plus a load of mkv vids which will make those long trips far more bearable

I'm picking up a couple of 32GB cards, about 40 bucks each from amazon.com. If the Pandoras case has a nice pocket for a USB thumbdrive I'll prolly pick up a 32GB one too just to use it for the occassional video or MP3.

Do yourself a favor and only buy name brand sd cards and flash drives from trusted sites. Although the prices are attractive I too have been duped with "Transend" 32gb sd cards. I have 4 Kingston 32gb sd cards and they work awesome. A real Transend card from newegg also works great. Two "Transend" cards I bought for real cheap on eBay are virtually unusable as they keep becoming inaccessible and I keep losing files. Save your money and buy the good stuff....

Do yourself a favor and only buy name brand sd cards and flash drives from trusted sites. Although the prices are attractive I too have been duped with "Transend" 32gb sd cards. I have 4 Kingston 32gb sd cards and they work awesome. A real Transend card from newegg also works great. Two "Transend" cards I bought for real cheap on eBay are virtually unusable as they keep becoming inaccessible and I keep losing files. Save your money and buy the good stuff....

I'm assuming you read Prometheus' lecture on this topic, yes? :p

^ What I say applies to SD Cards as well. Thanks much for mentioning it here. :)

I usually buy PNY cards. My 16GB Optima is going great after 2 years. Obviously stay away from eBay, and only buy first-party if you are buying from Amazon (their used and third party sellers can be shady).

Link isn't good anymore. I wouldn't go USB flashdrive unless it is one of those nubby ones which I can't find a picture of right now. I wouldn't use one that sticks out too far is what I'm trying to say, if it got bumped it might ruin your Pandora's USB port.

Back