What every pandora owner needs

pandora has 2 sdhc slots for a reason, usb ports isnt meant for usb sticks....

If it is one of those nubby ones I don't see a problem, like one that is as small as a Logitech nano receivers, but if it is one of those normal sized ones then I'd go with a HDD since it would only be plugged in for a little while.

Surely the USB port is meant for anything USB that the owner wants to attach?

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely the USB port is meant for anything USB that the owner wants to attach?

Works fine for me.

It's more practical to use SD cards but there have been times I have had to use a thumb drive and works a treat, it even picks up PNDs from there

I like to go to Best Buy to listen to the crap they fill people with. Say anything just to make a sale even if it is an outright lie. Hang out next to the geek squad counter, most of them have a rack close by so you don't look weird just standing there, sometimes I wish I had a recorder just to post the crap they tell people on youtube. I feel sorry for all the non technical people of the world, the kind that think they need a specific brand of blank media for their computer or those that think gold plated HDMI cables make any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm picking up a couple of 32GB cards, about 40 bucks each from amazon.com. If the Pandoras case has a nice pocket for a USB thumbdrive I'll prolly pick up a 32GB one too just to use it for the occassional video or MP3.

I think you might struggle to fit a thumbdrive in the case as it is VERY snug; it takes a bit of effort to get the Pandora in there! There is space for three SD cards however. Here's some pics of the case for you:

Pandora_case.jpg
Pandora_in_case.jpg

does anyone else see pink in the right picture, the insides of it

In reality it's a really bright white (for the moment), looks as it should on the Pandy :)

I'm picking up a couple of 32GB cards, about 40 bucks each from amazon.com. If the Pandoras case has a nice pocket for a USB thumbdrive I'll prolly pick up a 32GB one too just to use it for the occassional video or MP3.

I think you might struggle to fit a thumbdrive in the case as it is VERY snug; it takes a bit of effort to get the Pandora in there! There is space for three SD cards however. Here's some pics of the case for you:

Pandora_case.jpg
Pandora_in_case.jpg

Cool, thanks for the pics. Is the upper pouch for an extra stylus? Also, do you have two cases, one inside white and the other brown, or is it just lighting that makes the one pic look brown?

Cool, thanks for the pics. Is the upper pouch for an extra stylus? Also, do you have two cases, one inside white and the other brown, or is it just lighting that makes the one pic look brown?
It's the same case. It's white as in the second photo (assuming you're not seeing pink that is :p ).

It's not a pouch at the top, in fact I'm not sure what its purpose is. Anybody know? Only the right side lifts up, like so:

DSC00056.jpg

(Ok this photo DOES have a pink tinge to it :lol: )

I would not call that "tinge"…
laugh.gif

The colorimeter readings on the "white part" of the pouch ± 78% red, 50% green, 65% blue for the last photo.

On the previous photo they are ± 96% red, 83% green and 93% blue.

So I would say it's not surprising that some see that pink tendency on you photos.

Awesome, thanks for the help. I just filed my taxes today, they said I'd get the check in 8 to 14 days, and when I get that check I'm placing my order. I figure I'll be at the end of batch 2, and maybe (if I'm lucky) I'll get my Pandora this summer, which gives me time to get a couple 32 gig cards and maybe a USB powered 1TB hard druve (got a USB powered 500GB Freeagent drive that does great, but would like a larger one for my PS1 games)

I know I want a Pandora and a case. I'm kinda debating the need of an extra stylus, as I've not lost the stylus for my Q1 UMPC (which is about a year old) or my GP2X Wiz (prolly a couple years old). I'm also debating the need for the AC adapter, as I have a few power bricks that take USB cables.

Awesome, thanks for the help. I just filed my taxes today, they said I'd get the check in 8 to 14 days, and when I get that check I'm placing my order. I figure I'll be at the end of batch 2, and maybe (if I'm lucky) I'll get my Pandora this summer, which gives me time to get a couple 32 gig cards and maybe a USB powered 1TB hard druve (got a USB powered 500GB Freeagent drive that does great, but would like a larger one for my PS1 games)

I know I want a Pandora and a case. I'm kinda debating the need of an extra stylus, as I've not lost the stylus for my Q1 UMPC (which is about a year old) or my GP2X Wiz (prolly a couple years old). I'm also debating the need for the AC adapter, as I have a few power bricks that take USB cables.

I don't think the Pandora can power drives that big, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on the subject will jump in soon to give you a definitive answer.

You won't have any trouble with the stylus falling out of the Pandora, trust me. As long as remember to put it back after use you'll be fine.

The power adapter is exactly the same as a PSP one, or as you say you can charge via USB. I thought the adapter was included anyway?

I don't buy SD cards online. I get mine from Best Buy.
You live on Long Island... Go to Microcenter its so much cheaper and so many more options, but like Best Buy don't expect too much help, do your homework!
I dunno man... I've been Newegger for a long time. gave Microcenter a try. 32 gb microcenter-branded class-10 drive for $50. Took picktures of my brother's graduation on it. Copied pics off, card died. Reformatting didn't help, tried in 3 different cameras and all had write errors after a few minutes. I was reaaaaaaaaaaaaly disappointed.

Then I bought a 28 inch i-inc monitor a few days later. Worked for about 5 days then crapped out real bad. Backlight inverter was going, could hear capacitor noise, and it just stopped working. The Hannspree 28" TV I got from Tigerdirect (we have TD retail stores in Dallas) was CHEAPER than the 28" microcenter monitor, and it's a 16:10 1920x1200 TV (has component / hdmi / composite / s-video / usb / etc.). and i-inc is a sub-brand of Hannspree anyway.

Dunno what's up with that but... fool me twice on the only two things I purchase from you and I don't go back to your store for a couple of years. So back to Newegg for a Patriot 32 gig class 10 for $5 more and it works great. I'll stick to online for now (or Tigerdirect/Compusa or Frys Electronics for things I need pronto-pronto). Still would never buy from Best Buy.

Back