Instant Pandora with a premium?

How can they come out of batch 2, if they don't have enough parts for batch 1?
You're presuming. Money can only help things, and even Mr. Rothwell learns from its own mistakes.

It's all about bottlenecks, as you said (limits/extremes).

I don't at all think that's missed in the point, and in fact makes it worse.
It's cheap dialectic, and you probably know it. LOL you reversed thesis/point :)

You just forgot to say "it is Craigix evil masterplan to screw all of us and himself"

Consider the extreme
Consider the other extreme: What if thousands of people started to buy Pandora? Glass could be half-full sometimes, you know. Consider this:

Thousands of people that had not PC waited at US for hours to buy Windows95(sic!)... because "they knew MS is good company, and Windows has to be good product"

Decade later, Apple hired people through Europe e.g. Poland to wait in lines in front of markets, acting like they want to buy iPhone... and then Apple sold thousands.

What's the point? Make it "hardly available" (as it is). Make image of priceless unique gadget (which it is). Make "exclusive button". Raise price to 1000$.

Pandora is not cheap, it is not easily available. It is true. Just... it has to be played smart, w/o errors, agree with that.

I don't follow. What was being spoiled?
It was irony, sorry my mistake. I'll make you examples next time ;)

@ensurance yep, typo, I'm not born wasp, sorry for that ;)

I don't know whether Craigix planed this or not.
All he need is to make this magic-pandora-premium-button available, and on-click-message "Sorry, you're #3586 in queue; please leave e-mail and we'll contact you asap"... and things will go on.
If you think he will run out WITH money, don't worry. I'll find him, and you'll get your very own premium part of body. (omg it sounds...sick)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all batch 2 or future orders should be higher price $500 even $600 what ever, to help speed things up.

But there should NOT be a BUY NOW..

As things will speed up automatically with the extra money.

But if there has to be there has to be a limited number very limited, and all future OPs need to be at a higher price no doubt.

there B)

So just read this on en-gadget and jumped here to check out what is going on.

So I paid $450/ USD Two years ago for my Pandora and still waiting.

I can pay extra to get my Pandora now, or anyone else can.

So no more Pandora's selling for high prices on Ebay as anyone can by one now for $500/-

So it really devalues my two year investment and wait.

Plus I am sure It is going to push the delivery or batch1 down, we will have to wait longer where are these extra Pandora's going to come from, shouldn't people who have been waiting and supporting this project for years receive theirs.

May be I should get my MONEY BACK! with interest of two years

The forum watchers are coming out of the woodwork (no offense)! This was my main worry when I had asked about the media backlash. This is sure a risky move by the OPT. You cannot retract a statement like this. It's like that saying about feathers in the wind. I hope that everything is ok at the company, this is really a shitstorm.

Errmm... we don't have?

All the parts for Pandora PCBs of Batch 1 are lying in Texas.

All the parts for Pandora PCBs of Batch 2 are lying in Texas.

All the cases for Pandora Batch 1 have already been produced, 1000 are on the way via ship already.

1000 cases for Pandora Batch 2 have already been produced, the remaining ones will start after CNY.

So... ermm...?

I am tired of hearing these kinds of posts. The ones where the people on the forums are supposed to know the inner workings of the company. When Where there is speculation it is because of the OPT's inability to properly inform their customers. Not everyone has the ability to scan the forums all day long and keep up with every thread.

Edit: If you want us to understand the moves you are making you need to inform us properly. I love this company and I am greatly pained that you are having so many problems.

Except for the information about Batch 2 parts, it's all on the Current Status page of the official homepage...

If my pandora takes even 1 second longer because you have changed the rules midgame I think I will lose my shit.

What about if it arrives 1 second sooner because of this? That is the point after all. Or is the concern more "if one more person gets a Pandora before me than if the rules hadn't changed"?
I'l believe it if they can maintain or improve the 250-350 week production for first batchers and maintain all these new orders at the same time. I highly doubt that will happen, if first batters actually do see them sooner then I'll eat my words proudly.

No, if my personal timeline between me and my handheld remains unchanged because of this I can give a shit less.

Ed are you still getting 1/4th of the pandoras with this new change?

I think all batch 2 or future orders should be higher price $500 even $600 what ever, to help speed things up.

But if there has to be there has to be a limited number very limited, and all future OPs need to be at a higher price no doubt.

there B)

To the people making these statements: Please read the thread. I know it is long, but it is chock full of information. There is already a "buy now" button. If you don't read the thread you won't know what is happening.

If my pandora takes even 1 second longer because you have changed the rules midgame I think I will lose my shit.

What about if it arrives 1 second sooner because of this? That is the point after all. Or is the concern more "if one more person gets a Pandora before me than if the rules hadn't changed"?
I'l believe it if they can maintain or improve the 250-350 week production for first batchers and maintain all these new orders at the same time. I highly doubt that will happen, if first batters actually do see them sooner then I'll eat my words proudly.

No, if my personal timeline between me and my handheld remains unchanged because of this I can give a shit less.

I hope they can keep up with orders.I do wonder about the board company circuit co.being able to keep up.hope it works out.The storys on engadget now

there B)

To the people making these statements: Please read the thread. I know it is long, but it is chock full of information. There is already a "buy now" button. If you don't read the thread you won't know what is happening.

Yeah, I know its a long thread. I have been waiting patiently for two years, I guess I am running out of patience :)

Last concern is that it does devalue the Pandora. As $500 buys it now.

I registered to express my frustration in this. I preorder and now someone who pays a higher rate can now just jump anyone that is waiting in the que to receive their pandora. I am going to think this over tonight but am strongly siding towards canceling because of this.

I registered to express my frustration in this. I preorder and now someone who pays a higher rate can now just jump anyone that is waiting in the que to receive their pandora. I am going to think this over tonight but am strongly siding towards canceling because of this.
The theory is that the money funds extra employees for assembly, making it faster for everyone (including you) to get their Pandoras.

Except for the information about Batch 2 parts, it's all on the Current Status page of the official homepage...

And yet people are still getting things mixed up aren't they? You have changed where the news is so many times I bet there are a lot of people who don't even read that page anymore. I only recently started reading that page again when I found out that it was being updated.

I am sorry, because I know you are trying very hard to get the info to people. But frankly people are not getting it despite these efforts. I know it is frustrating because you guys are trying so hard. I am just saying that you need to treat people as if they know nothing because most of them seem to feel like they are to busy to be bothered to "find" news :( . I am with you though I just want to say, "It's right there! We put it in like 3 spots!"

Don't worry, price will go up, like it or not.

And if you're 1st batcher, cheers: Your will worth even more.

You're in hurry? Buy premium. Anyway, stop trolling or just give it away...

If you're really worried about your bucks, I'll arrange you - you'll sell your order with profit right now.

So? sorry, i misread ...tired/go sleep

The theory is that the money funds extra employees for assembly, making it faster for everyone (including you) to get their Pandoras.

We need to pin/post some kind explanation or something. This thread is not being read and it is hurting us because no one is reading it. The title and initial explanation is lacking in some crucial information.

Great for you... but why are you trolling here? Just do it, ok? The whole point is (again):

1) to speed things up,

2) to get more money for project.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Sure, why shouldn't I?

I hope they can keep up with orders.I do wonder about the board company circuit co.being able to keep up.hope it works out.The storys on engadget now

The units are limited. If there are no units there of those, you can't buy it.

And yet people are still getting things mixed up aren't they? You have changed where the news is so many times I bet there are a lot of people who don't even read that page anymore. I only recently started reading that page again when I found out that it was being updated.

I am sorry, because I know you are trying very hard to get the info to people. But frankly people are not getting it despite these efforts. I know it is frustrating because you guys are trying so hard. I am just saying that you need to treat people as if they know nothing because most of them seem to feel like they are to busy to be bothered to "find" news :( . I am with you though I just want to say, "It's right there! We put it in like 3 spots!"

It never changed.

Official news have ALWAYS been on the main website.

Non-official stuff from the teammember (non-confirmed) have always been on the boards.

The only thing that changed happened with the official boards newssection: Important official news are still on the main website, but some official in-between snippets on the board.

So basically, nothing really changed during the last years.

A hodgepodge of replies:

Errmm... we don't have?

All the parts for Pandora PCBs of Batch 1 are lying in Texas.

All the parts for Pandora PCBs of Batch 2 are lying in Texas.

All the cases for Pandora Batch 1 have already been produced, 1000 are on the way via ship already.

1000 cases for Pandora Batch 2 have already been produced, the remaining ones will start after CNY.

So... ermm...?

You're right, you do have the parts. But I don't really understand how board number 2256 and 2258 can be for batch 1, but board 2257 can really be "batch 2". I guess I just don't understand how you can be shipping from batch 2, when you're still *making boards* from batch 1.

And what happens if you sell more than 1000 7-dayers? Aside from congratulations on the sales, of course. Where will those Batch 2 cases come from?

Craigx said they could more then double the output. This means that all they have to do is ship one pre-ordered unit for every 7-day ordered unit and everybody wins. It's not rocket science.

Ok. And if If 7-dayers*2 is more than they can build in a week, how do they ship 1:1? What if more 7-dayers are ordered than they can build in a week? go back and (re)read my post. I covered these there. I'm also not yet convinced that that's the plan.

@benji_stein That is the post I was referring to, though it is fairly evident that too many would be the point where they cannot meet the 7 day guarantee. Granted I am assuming, but I think it is a safe assumption.

I didn't think it was fairly evident at all. Hence my long post on the subject. I've learned *never* to assume *anything* about what Craig says. You know what they say happens when you assume. In Craig's case, I can think of at least half a dozen times when it's come back to bite.

They said there might be a limit on how many 7 dayers are available though.

Remind me. Where, exactly, did they say that? I must've missed it.

What will the limit be?

exactly and benji stein getting worked up wont change the facts.If ed and craig say this is necesarry it is.It has happeneed so no use crying over spilled milk.

I'm not worked up, and I'm not the only one that feels this way. I've heard Craig say he thinks it would be a good idea, and ask our opinion. I haven't really seen ED comment on it at all. I saw nothing about it being necessary.

they are going to use the extra money from 500 dollar pandoras to hire more people to speed up the assembly for batch 1.This in theory means you should get your pandora earlier.

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they never are.

Eh? Oh, no, I don't mean that the label (if any) on the battery itself is any different. The little space where you insert the battery case is what I meant. I'm sure you've seen the location of those batch one stickers in video reviews, right? That's what I'm talking about.

I just really hope there's more to it then a small change like that though, you know? That's not really a very good incentive to buy one of these units. I mean, I suppose that a special product run like this is a good deal for new customers, but not for anyone still in the queue. But that could be a good thing though, depending on how you look at it.

Odd. So the piece of plastic? I thought the back of the case was all one piece of plastic. Maybe you're thinking about the battery cover, or battery holder? But either of those would require getting them painted somewhere. Hopefully not by the case company.

Let me try to clarify... Since the OP team have posted this, they've got a pretty little influx of cash, right? That means they can rehire a few people from the last production run and speed up production. They can go even faster by forming a sort of assembly line, which they can do a lot more efficiently with five or so people. Let's say that they produce something like (totally random number here) 25 Pandora units a day. With these new people and new assembly method, they could produce 60 Pandora units a day. They could double production for batch one and still product ten or so Pandora units for those 7-day shippers. Sure, it's not as good as making a full 60 units a day, but it's a hell of a lot better than 25, right?

But you may be absolutely right- there could be a delay in shipping a few batch one units if there's a problem with shipping, for example. In that case, I'd think the seven-day premium orders will get priority. There's no way around that, because seven days means seven days. But I think that the delay in assembly won't be noticed because units for both production lines will still be shipping.

Honestly, it's been over analyzed. There are even worse extremes. But until they can say how they're going to handle it, we won't know.

You're presuming. Money can only help things, and even Mr. Rothwell learns from its own mistakes.

It's all about bottlenecks, as you said (limits/extremes).

You're right; I misspoke. They have the parts. But please explain to me how a batch 2 board is built before all the batch 1 boards are done. And money can't help every problem. Love, for instance.

Consider the extreme
Consider the other extreme: What if thousands of people started to buy Pandora? Glass could be half-full sometimes, you know.

Sure. Let's consider it. 10,000 people order the 7-dayers. You sure I'm going to get my Pandora faster than I would have, otherwise? Doubt it. I don't think they could even pull off 1000 in 7-days if they got the orders right now.

Well, are any of your customers buying the 7dayers? Otherwise, do yours come out before or after the 7-dayers are removed?

The units are limited. If there are no units there of those, you can't buy it.

It never changed.

Official news have ALWAYS been on the main website.

Non-official stuff from the teammember (non-confirmed) have always been on the boards.

The only thing that changed happened with the official boards newssection: Important official news are still on the main website, but some official in-between snippets on the board.

So basically, nothing really changed during the last years.

For a long time, the current status page was not being updated on a regular basis.

These 7-dayers are official. Craig put them on his shop. No official statement from OPT.

Great for you... but why are you trolling here? Just do it, ok? The whole point is (again):

1) to speed things up,

2) to get more money for project.

I ordered a pandora, extra battery, case, and tv out cables. It is nearly $500 at the time of purchase. I've dealt with lack of updates, time, and everything else. But I think someone coming in and paying the amount I did without the add ons this late in the game to just bypass the waiting period is unreasonable. Someone who has waited with all of us wants to pay $100 to move up fine, but just a new random order?

. . .

It's not difficult to understand.

Nor is the frustration some of the day 1 batch 1 pre-orders who still don't have their Pandoras seeing units that they feel should be *theirs* going to somebody who may have placed their first order today.

Even Craig seemed hesitant to propose this as I think he knows there's bound to be some resentment.

I'm in grudging support of this.

It should speed production up? Good, yay! It introduces more people to the Pandora, and with a minimum of delay? Excellent. It *potentially* means there will be more units sold, and a bigger community? I'm all for more people in the community.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a bit peeved that people ordering today, even at the new premium price - soon to be the standard price, are leapfrogging people who've lived with delays for over two years. That shouldn't be difficult to understand either.

I don't believe Openpandora, Craig, ED, and the team would do this unless they needed to, but if a little forum disgruntlement is all the backlash they get from most the batch 1 and batch 2 pre-orders, then they're *very* lucky to have such a supportive community.

Back