Information for old customers

My original pre-order included a tv-out cable, this was from craigs shop... how does it look on this end? I wrote an email a couple of weeks ago to them but no reply yet.

please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but last I heard that was:

• nothing from craig, as usual.
  • ED offer a voucher for free cable when ordering for more than 50.- (euros?)

There's a chance it's closer to 400 now.
How many of those 400-500 are in the first batch vs the second batch I wonder? I'm late in the first batch---I was told around 3900 when I ordered.

the queue numbers are out the window now. People who are willing to contribute more to the cost of their device get theirs sooner... that way a constant flow is kept and the numbers go down quicker.  I'm a day 5 pre-orderer, but I can't afford much more than £100 so I'm quite low down the queue, but that's fine as long as it's still moving.

the queue numbers are out the window now. People who are willing to contribute more to the cost of their device get theirs sooner... that way a constant flow is kept and the numbers go down quicker.  I'm a day 5 pre-orderer, but I can't afford much more than £100 so I'm quite low down the queue, but that's fine as long as it's still moving.
Ah, ok yeah I should have realized that the queue has no bearing anymore---I have read the relevant threads. Thanks for setting me straight on it :)

Do we know the numbers from the survey results (how many willing to pay what)? Or is that kindof classified info lol :) I haven't found the numbers anywhere---am I missing it or has it not been posted?

From what I think I read I belive there was about 50 people for 200Euros - they've all been given their vouchers.  About 60 opted for a classic unit which ideally Craig would have been able to supply.... but sadly thats not likely to happen.  I want to guess around 100 people went for the 150Euro option and those people have been getting vouchers quite regularly from the donations pool on the front page of the forums.  I think the most people by far went for the 100Euro or no extra options.

There was also the 'get a 1gig now for 300, or classic for 100 offer' which judging by forum posts and watching the stock numbers on dragonbox.de I'd guess 20-30 people may have gone for so far.

Not the most accurate numbers, but should give you a rough idea... and naturally I'd love to hear anyone elses opinions.

just received this:

Hello,

If you have received your Pandora you can ignore this email.

OpenPandora Ltd (UK) has ran out of funds and we have requested the company to be struck off.

As you may know the original company producing the PCBs failed to deliver around 1000 units
due to manufacturing defects, this, along with the intermittent failure of the LCD cables
drastically damaged our finances.

Earlier in the year we tried everything possible to continue business but 3 months ago, after
legal advice, it was shown to be very unlikely to succeed. The company has no assets of any
significant value.

There is no money to pay for liquidation (it would require around £4000) and since no one
has applied to liquidate us it is with regret that we have had to take this action.

You can find a copy of the strike off form here:

http://craig.gp2x.de/liqform.zip

OpenPandora Germany continues to trade and may be able to help you in regards to outstanding
orders, you should email them if they don't already have your details. (openpandora.org).

OpenPandora Ltd.

^ So that's that then, It's over. He's officially walked away from the Pandora and the ICP2. 

^ Million dollar question, or at least $209,100

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but now who has the icp2 money, apart from the sum ed has.
The previous owner of Craigs new house has. ;)

Hopefully he finds a way to charge his new electric car there (in the Carribbean?).

Just joking of course..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back