I'm Sick And Tired Of All These Delays!

snakebyte said:
but... too hype--->too fail.

I can understand the developer's problem... but in this scenario, the developers could not hype with video and info... and they could not decides fake release dates, until they are very sure Pandora will come out.

To hype, or not to hype: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mould to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arm cortex a8 against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To sleep: to standby;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The cpu-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That consoles are heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To sleep, to standby;
To standby: perchance to hibernate: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this plastic coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long battery life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The processor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the mould's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after batch 1,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native 800x600 resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the black cast of plastic,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!
The fair Pandora! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandora, the Shakesperian epic

script by Grydholt

featuring

Craig Rothwell as the Muse
Evil dragon as the Evil dragon
Poison ivy as Portia
BorgQueenX as the narrator
MWeston as Prospero
mFatih as Bassanio
Squidge as Puck

and starring

Hobbyman as Bottom

with special guest appearance

ED'S girlfriend as Pandora

also featuring the Chinese red army choir

and many forum members in the crowd scenes

an epic production of love, war,courage, evil and instant coffee, spanning twelve generations and two weeks, with an stunning climax in a hidden volcano base where the birth of the ultimate hand held occurs before your very eyes, Pandora the Shakesperian epic, entertainment is changed...forever...

I like delays. it makes everything better when you get it. haha remember when Twighlight princess was delayed for like 1.5 years? hahah yeah....mmhhmm

Painguy said:
I like delays. it makes everything better when you get it. haha remember when Twighlight princess was delayed for like 1.5 years? hahah yeah....mmhhmm
Twilight Princess was to come out in November of 05, instead it came out in December of the following year.

Pandora was to come out in November of '08. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined these forums (well, I joined the old forums...) initially because of hearing about the GP32 and the new GP2X console. I did my research and came here, and managed to be an early adopter for the console.

The waiting for the GP2X was a very different case, because Craig was basically reporting what GPH was telling him, and while we shouted about this and that, nothing would happen from GPH's end. Now, I feel like the community has had such an impact on the whole process of the Pandora since its inception that the wait has been exciting, and we, as forum members, are being asked about everything, from what features we want in the bios to the layout of the app store. So it has been a lot of fun...

But I remember getting my GP2X and having even more fun watching the platform mature and grow, and giving feedback and doing bug reports and encouraging devs to develop... Honestly, these boards are about to explode. After my experience as an early adopter of the GP2X with this community, I wouldn't want to be late to adopt any open source handheld.

So, not only will you have a Pandora in the future, you'll be an early adopter of an amazing open source handheld, and honestly THAT's what should be worth the wait.

ESPECIALLY for an end user.

About the hyping... man, they and some of us didn't count with the delays from bank, chinese people, etc. And I visit daily the pandorapress website to check for updates but OP team has enough complaint received as to criticize the 3rd enterprises delays(i respect the complaints too because almost always are respectful, but I understand the OP team)

Nothing personal, but people very angry with the hypes or the not expected delays... would you think the same or similar amount of people would buy the pandora made for people with no funds initially for doing real the project if OP team would announce the pandora for a margin between 1 and 1 1/2 years? counting that they're not (OP team) an enterprise with funds and fully lucrative purposes and counting that probably they would not expected that delays from bank and from chinese producers, it's the minimum extra price we have to pay to have an open source console: waiting, with patience or with no patience, altough with patience is better to oneself (Wiz is ok, but I don't know if GamePark attends user needs as giving internet access to the console)

But it's understandable since I and the most of the mankind have desires and fears.

Back