Song I Made

(naw)mcx said:
After that, it was a AMD Athlon64 3200+ 747 with the 9800pro. God damn. That was a PC. Far Cry on Very High. Shit was beautiful.

I was like 10 at the time. Good stuff.

(sorry for off topic :D )
Confirmed: (naw)mcx is currently 16 years old.

(Or am I doing my math wrong?)

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
(naw)mcx said:
After that, it was a AMD Athlon64 3200+ 747 with the 9800pro. God damn. That was a PC. Far Cry on Very High. Shit was beautiful.

Confirmed: (naw)mcx is currently 19 years old.

Something tells my calculations are off. brb.

(naw)mcx said:
dflemstr said:
(naw)mcx said:

Mine are probably off too (see edit).

dflemstr said:
(naw)mcx said:
dflemstr said:
(naw)mcx said:

Mine are probably off too (see edit).
I am actually 16 years old. You appear to have got that right

(naw)mcx said:
I was stuck with Windows ME for many years. I know true pain.

...I had Windows ME for years. Then I got a new pc. With Vista.

You said you knew true pain?

(naw)mcx said:
I've went from 95>ME>XP>7>Server2008R2
I went Dos2 -> Dos3 => Dos4 -> Dos6/win3.11 => Win95 -> Win98 => Win2K => XPWin2K => XPWin2K -> Ubuntu/Win2K => VistaUbuntu/Win2K (Sensing a pattern here? ;) )
Some of these were just upgrades (denoted by ->) and some were entirely new systems (denoted by =>)

WizardStan said:
(naw)mcx said:
I've went from 95>ME>XP>7>Server2008R2
I went Dos2 -> Dos3 => Dos4 -> Dos6/win3.11 => Win95 -> Win98 => Win2K => XPWin2K => XPWin2K -> Ubuntu/Win2K => VistaUbuntu/Win2K (Sensing a pattern here? ;) )
Some of these were just upgrades (denoted by ->) and some were entirely new systems (denoted by =>)

If I remember correctly...
DOS5/Win2.1 => Win95 => Win98 => Win98Me => Win98SE => WinXP => Debian/WinXP => Ubuntu/WinXP => Ubuntu => Ubuntu/OSX => Ubuntu

EDIT: typo

Code:
                Windows 98 =>      Windows XP
                 |                        |   
Mac OS 7 => Mac OS 8            Mandrake  => Ubuntu
                 |
          Windows 3.1, 95

Main OSes. | means I ran it concurrently, either on separate machines, via frequent dual-booting, or virtualization. Does not include OSes that have never been a "primary" OS (for example, I might boot into DOS to play games, but I never used it for anything else, or as a general-purpose OS). I've also used Windows 2000, Mac OS X, various other Linux distros, BeOS R5, Haiku, etc. at times, of course (as well as fixing PCs with ME, Vista, etc., but I've never installed or used those for long).

(The fact that every Vista PC I've used by definition had something wrong with it may tend to color my opinion on that OS a bit.
tongue.gif
)

I remember doing a fresh install of Vista on my current computer and getting three BSODs that same week. Good times.

Unfathomable Depths said:
What a let down.

I was expecting an MP3 :(

Not an MP3 but it can serve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq9gFmGF1N4 (It's mine, anyway check the license in the description for more info)

Back