I'm Sick And Tired Of All These Delays!

Gruso said:
Google translate didn't really enlighten me much. I like this though:

Ideally Anarchy forums Pandora shut, period, to take the ass.
LOL ... yeah I actually laughed here. That's awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Spanish is mostly made up of words that are similar to French, combined with a lot of context, but if I understand correctly, it was basically like so:
The community was united in the idea of making a new console, and helped provide a lot of good ideas. Some of those ideas were selected. Some people had what they thought were great ideas, but those ideas were not selected for some reason. These people that did not have their ideas included became butthurt and complained loudly about how they weren't being heard. A violent discussion broke out which ended poorly, and the whole thread was eventually trimmed or deleted. This trimming was "proof" that those whose ideas were not being included were intentionally being silenced. They then went on to stage massive protests against the Pandora for what they believed to be a genuine offense.
Kinda like how some people here threatened to cancel their orders if the silk screening wasn't exactly like they had pictured it, except more emotional (because everything sounds more emotional when said in Spanish.)
In other words, it was a normal day on the internet.
Someone with better Spanish training feel free to correct me. There's a lot of things I didn't understand and just sort of filled in the gaps with context, so I could be way off.

Ah, so I did some babelfish as well. For those too lazy, it looks like I was mostly right, but on top of the "we love it/we hate it" arguments is the "if you hate it so much, why are you even talking about it? If you're so sure it will fail, let it fail, and shut up!" people. That thread right there is what happens when you boil down the internet for a few hours until it is down to it's purest components.

The first post of that thread is the opinion of one of our beloved Pandora trolls. :D

He doesn't like the Pandora (because it doesn't have a 4:3 for emulators) and doesn't like craigix (because he believes craigix is false and arrogant).

He wrote that post because he was warned a couple of times about starting flamewars, so he decided to start a thread with his opinion and put a link to that thread in his signature.

Anyway, he's far from being a bad guy, he just takes the Pandora affairs too seriously, probably because he thinks craigix wanted from start to damage the GPH image by pissing every now and then about the GP2X and Wiz creators.

If you ask me, it's normal. Everyone has different opinions and points of view, as well as different personalities. In fact, having the same information about craigix, my opinion is very different, as I like the dark sense of humor of craig (I always laugh remembering the "and who said that, your gay lover?" reply he gave to someone in some thread). :D

On the other hand, it's been a long time since the last Pandora flamewar at GP32Spain. Negative opinions are being reduced to just becoming exasperated by delays on the release date, and that's mostly the opinion of people who haven't ordered a Pandora and are surprised about how the ones that ordered one are being so patient. :)

CoMiKe said:
The first post of that thread is the opinion of one of our beloved Pandora trolls. :D

He doesn't [...] and doesn't like craigix (because he believes craigix is false and arrogant).

Not an totally unfair assessment, to be perfectly honest. Presuming by 'false' he means 'misleading'. Add 'rude' to that list and you've got a pretty good summery of the negative side of his personality (as it is comes across on the forums, anyway).

Of course I'm sure there are many positive aspects to his personality and you can't take away what he is about (we hope) to achieve with the Pandora, but I can totally understand this chap's perception of Craig.

On the other hand, disliking the Pandora (presumably in comparison to a Wiz or Dingoo) due to the aspect ratio of the screen is pretty dumb, especially as the screen is still bigger than either Wiz or Dingoo when achieving a 4:3 aspect by wasting some screen estate.

Pleng said:
CoMiKe said:

He doesn't [...] and doesn't like craigix (because he believes craigix is false and arrogant).

Not an totally unfair assessment, to be perfectly honest. Presuming by 'false' he means 'misleading'. Add 'rude' to that list and you've got a pretty good summery of the negative side of his personality (as it is comes across on the forums, anyway).

I ought to club you and eat your bones.

craigix said:
I ought to club you and eat your bones.

A well considered response to your criticisms as usual.

Hardly a suprise that people consider you arrogant and take dislike to you.

Even though he was clearly sarcastic this time, it's true that his news postings ("prepared to say july" etc.) are often unnecessarily teasing or just leaving us plainly in the dark (posts news without details) , in great contrast to ED's very informational updates. This is something that Craig has hopefully acknowledged. (but we still love you!)

kuru said:
snakebyte said:
too hype... too many expectations.

If there will be at least one bug in Pandora, you will fail.
Please, tell me more.
Where or what is that "hype" you are speaking of.

And, do you mean software bugs, that can easily be extinct via an update?

And by "you", do you mean the people who have ordered one, who know why they want the device, even if other people don't understand that?
Or do you mean the Devs, who are hopefully going to walk out of this +-zero?

BTW, neat "first strike" of contributing to the forum.

I'm not from a spanish forum.

I am not an hater... i am realist, i experienced too-hyped things.

I really want a Pandora, i'm following progress for one year. But in this year too many videos and info was released, and too many fake dates. This is called hyping.

If you hype too much a thing, then people have many expectations.

I know bugs can be solved... but anyway only one bug can flame all people that are waiting pandora for years. And i am sure that will be bugs in pandora because of developers are not good organized.

This is the main reason i bought a WIZ. I would be very happy (and i would buy it) if Pandora would come out with no problem...

but... too hype--->too fail.

I can understand the developer's problem... but in this scenario, the developers could not hype with video and info... and they could not decides fake release dates, until they are very sure Pandora will come out.

Gruso said:
Does anyone else think of Samuel L. Jackson when they see the thread title?

You will now.

oh great, thanks.
that's gonna be stuck in my head now.

I wonder how much he'd ask for...
could make a spoof of World of Warcraft commercials with the Pandora, S.L.Jackson and C.G. snakes.

/me prod Asmo the great photoshop master :D

Back