iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

Very intriguing about that good news Link... I wonder....

This is recent mail out;

----

Likely there won't be many ICP1s to get to anyone but the backers who ordered one. 

But that can change on the Good News.  Hope to have something in the next few days.  It doesn't regard the ICP2 coming back to life but a way for backers to get a different device in lieu of refund.  That's all we have for now.  We'll update as soon as we finish the plan and have everyone's nod of approval who manufacture these devices. 

----

Interesting, spill some beans can you? ;)
Seconded. Spilleth the beans endeavorous one.

A pyra would be a good substitute but I guess I ain't thaty lucky; still I'm 400 euros into the 'I-completely pissed around 2'. (Craig that is; he dideth the pissing, whilst brave embattled Link, was overwhelmed by Craigs evil minions...)

spilled-the-beans.jpg

I hope this doesn't end up being that Craig is still sitting on a stock of not-totally-perfect Pandoras (like the ones he was selling before) that he'll now offer iCP2 customers as a trade.

I hope this doesn't end up being that Craig is still sitting on a stock of not-totally-perfect Pandoras (like the ones he was selling before) that he'll now offer iCP2 customers as a trade.
I sense another E.T cartridge debacle. Thirty long years from now, deep in the beating heart of Newcastle, a pit is unearthed, a shining beacon of hope...yes that's right! finally you lucky, lucky remaining pre-orderers will get your pandoras.

In this new age of unreason, Pandoras will sell for frankly shitloads on pee-bay...kerching, kerching!

^ Never knew Campbells did beans :huh: , I'll have to see if I can get hold of some when I next venture to the supermarket.
Cambells will happily put anything in a tin, a tin within a tin, within a tin, within a tin... :)

See what sleep deprivation does to me... :lol: :)

I'm pretty sure the update is referring to an option where you can get a Pandora/Pyra for a discount/cost in lieu of a refund. Similar to how those who ordered a Pandora from Craig were allowed to get a discounted Pandora from ED .  ie if you choose the option in luie of a refund, you will probably get a code to use on ED's shop so you can buy a Pandora/Pyra for a discount(cost price)

I'm not sure I'm happy with bringing ED into this ICP2 debacle though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking ED may allow Link to buy Pandora's/Pyra's at cost, which would allow some to get those devices instead of the refund, then that would allow for more funds for those who ONLY want a refund. 

I agree, ED shouldn't really be invloved, but if it's something where he is getting paid upfront, i don't see the harm in it.

Chris

I agree, ED shouldn't really be invloved, but if it's something where he is getting paid upfront, i don't see the harm in it.
The harm is that the preorders who are still waiting for their Pandoras may not get anything before a long time if the ICP2 customers get served first. That's another long queue, don't you think ?  

The harm is that the preorders who are still waiting for their Pandoras may not get anything before a long time if the ICP2 customers get served first. That's another long queue, don't you think ?  
I agree. And isnt a Pandora more expensive than an ICP2, so wouldn't that be a too-expensive consolation prize for ICP2 backers? 

For that reason and, as far as I recall, since there are far fewer Pandoras left than preorders unfilled, I doubt ED would add ICP2 backers to the list.

For selfish reasons I like the way this update is sounding a lot, more than any of the past ideas for ICP2 backer rewards, including the ICP2.

It feels good having faith credits and always feeling like something positive is coming.  I've quickly said yes to every later offer we've been sent from this Kickstarter, I'll giddily say yes to this one too.

Thanks Link.

This reminds me of something I suggested a while back in this very thread:

Perhaps Product 3 LLC can make a deal with ithic.com and dragonbox.de to give iCP2 backers the option to get their partial refund in the form of a voucher for their shop with a somewhat higher value than the cash refund? I think that many iCP2 backers who paid $87 would be happier with, say, a $70 voucher they can use to buy a Pandora or Pyra or GCW-Zero, than with $50 in cash. Of course ithic.com and especially dragonbox.de have nothing to do with the iCP2 so they don't have to make such an arrangement, but it could be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I totally want a pyra instead of a refund, if thats the plan.

I think ed is smart enough not to dig himself into a bigger hole.

Then we're in agreement.  This is a bad idea, but we still want it.

Back