iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

I agree, ED shouldn't really be invloved, but if it's something where he is getting paid upfront, i don't see the harm in it.
The harm is that the preorders who are still waiting for their Pandoras may not get anything before a long time if the ICP2 customers get served first. That's another long queue, don't you think ?  
Besides donations from the community, is there any other way Craig's customers are even getting Pandora "preorders" anymore? I don't see how Link making a deal with ED, and paying for any discounts or products upfront effects that queue at all. This would only serve to move product ED currently has, that isn't moving anyway(except for paying customers), as "preorders" aren't moving in any other way besides donations.

I'm not sure how fast Pandora's are currently selling, but the closer we get to Pyra, the slower they will move. We should all be focused on ways to clear out the inventory, so DragonBox doesn't end up with products that can't be sold down the line(or sold at a HUGE discount anyways).

This reminds me of something I suggested a while back in this very thread:

Perhaps Product 3 LLC can make a deal with ithic.com and dragonbox.de to give iCP2 backers the option to get their partial refund in the form of a voucher for their shop with a somewhat higher value than the cash refund? I think that many iCP2 backers who paid $87 would be happier with, say, a $70 voucher they can use to buy a Pandora or Pyra or GCW-Zero, than with $50 in cash. Of course ithic.com and especially dragonbox.de have nothing to do with the iCP2 so they don't have to make such an arrangement, but it could be a mutually beneficial arrangement.
This is what I was considering would happen, or at least something along these lines^

Chris

Hey All,

Just posted this over at Kickstarter:

Hey backers,

I've spent the past several days working with backers who have been waiting for the ICP1/ICP2 Reward Level.  Less than half of those in this reward level have responded to my private message sent through KickStarter.  If this is your reward level, please answer the private message.

About 1/6 of the money received is left after we've consolidated the money that remained for the BOM that didn't go into doing the full production of all PCBs and money Ithic.com LLC had remaining on its account to fulfill the project for North America .  Craig is nowhere to be heard from since I received the ICP1s from him.  I'm not quite sure there is any use in trying to do a PCB Kit from the limited number of boards that were completed by Global Components in Germany and in the current form they are in.  I'm going to get clarification on this in the next few days.

Right now, there are 3 options for backers:

$20 Refund for Every $75 pledged.  If you pledged $75, you'll get $20.  If you pledged $150, you'll get $40 back.  If you are somewhere in between, we'll get you the appropriate correlating amount.  If this is the option you want, and you've previously emailed for a refund, you don't have to email us again.  If you want the refund but haven't emailed us for one yet, please send email to icp2refund@gmail.com with "Refund for ICP2" in the subject line.We aren't answering any emails received in the icp2refund@gmail.com account just yet.  We'll get you the refund ASAP, hopefully by November 1st.

$25/$69/$75 Reward level Backers have the option of purchasing a GCW-Zero device from Ithic.com LLC for $115 (includes shipping in US, $10 Extra for Canada, $20 extra anywhere else).  This option is only for US/Canadian backers because I've dealt with a number of issues trying to ship the Zero to Europe resulting in customs slicing of power cables and confiscating USB cords, damaging units, etc.  Ithic is only a distributor for the GCW-Zero in the US/Canada.  If you are dead set on getting a Zero instead of a refund we will work with you on a case by case basis.  Germany & UK have given me the most problems with GCW-Zero & Customs.  We'll see with the devices I receive from the GCW-Zero team if the compliance with EU Customs regulations is up to par, and this could change, so if you want to wait, you are welcome to do so.  Higher level rewards can get a larger discount on the Zero or several Zero's in place of their rewards at the $115 price point if you desire.  Contact us at icp2refund@gmail.com to discuss this

If you want a GCW-Zero and have previously requested a refund, please email us so we don't refund you.  Please put "GCW-Zero NOT Previous Refund Request" in your subject line of the mail:  icp2refund@gmail.com

The last option, is to apply your reward minus 10% (that were taken out by Kickstarter/Amazon fees) to Opt Into the Open Pyra device set to come out of Germany next year hopefully Spring/Summer.  It will be a roughly €500 (≈$634USD at today's exchange rate).  So if you pledged $75, you'll have $67.50 in store credit with Ithic.com towards an Open Pyra.  The credit can be applied two ways, contact us prior to making your payment for a Pyra and we'll send you an invoice to apply your credit with what you need to pay thru PayPal.  The other way to do it would be to pay the full amount of the purchase, and then email us over at the Ithic sales team to refund you your credit.  

If you want your pledge to become a credit towards the Pyra with Ithic.com, email us at:  icp2refund@gmail.com with "PYRA Opt-In" or if you previously requested a refund and want the Pyra instead "N/I Prior Refund Request PYRA Opt-In" in the subject line to icp2refund@gmail.com

The Pyra will be done initially in a few small batches to make sure there are minimal faults in the production.  We won't take or ask for your funds until we see the Pyra units are in the US and have cleared customs inspection.  Early backers of the ICP2 project will have first option to purchase units compared to those with higher backer numbers.  We can't transfer your credit to DragonBox.De, but we can work with them on perhaps drop shipping the unit to you from Germany within the EU possibly (the one grey area here would be VAT). 

For anyone who previously asked for an ICP1 in place of the ICP2 but want another option above, please email us with "N/I ICP1 GCW-Zero Instead" or "N/I ICP1 Pyra Instead".  Same situation goes for those interested in the PCB Kit "N/I PCB Kit GCW-Zero Instead" or "N/I PCB Kit Pyra Instead".

We want everyone to be happy with the outcome here.  Any ICP1 left unclaimed by backers of the $125 Reward level after November 1st, 2014 will go to those who've requested them in the email que at icp2refund@gmail.com on a first come first serve basis.  We are here to help and appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. 

Thank you!

Hi Link, just read your email ... I'm definitely interested in the shifting my funds towards Pyra option.

In the UK so also interested in that possible drop ship from Germany you mention.

Should I send a "N/I prior refund request Pyra opt-in" email now... Or wait for more detail/confirmation on the possibility of you working with ED on this drop ship option?

Cheers, and thanks for actually continuing with this

Even if you aren't doing them as a replacement, I'm still interested in getting one of those PCB kits. I'll even throw money at you!

Hi Link, just read your email ... I'm definitely interested in the shifting my funds towards Pyra option.

In the UK so also interested in that possible drop ship from Germany you mention.

Should I send a "N/I prior refund request Pyra opt-in" email now... Or wait for more detail/confirmation on the possibility of you working with ED on this drop ship option?

Cheers, and thanks for actually continuing with this
How would VAT work in the UK from Germany?  That's what I don't know.  So I don't want to give you a 100% answer.  Maybe at some point someone can clarify this. 

OK no worries, afraid I don't have a clue about VAT, hardly know how it works here let alone from Germany ;)

Hopefully ED or someone else knows and can advise

If the credit could be transferred to dragonbox somehow I'd be opting for it right now. Will need to think a bit.

Excellent!  I've emailed requesting the Pyra option.  I wasn't especially planning to buy a Pyra the moment it comes out though, I thought I would wait about a year in case of important updates.  I suppose I can buy early like everyone else who is awesome, but will that be necessary in order to use this discount?

Excellent!  I've emailed requesting the Pyra option.  I wasn't especially planning to buy a Pyra the moment it comes out though, I thought I would wait about a year in case of important updates.  I suppose I can buy early like everyone else who is awesome, but will that be necessary in order to use this discount?
No, you can buy it when you are ready. 

Hi link.

I pledged 600 dollars for ten icp2's.

How much credit does that equal towards a pyra?

I have opted in for the pyra.

Thanks for the update Link. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that all that remains is the money I paid for shipping. Craig has a lot to answer for, but I guess we all know that will never happen. I've opted in to the Pyra discount. It'll be nice to be able to feed something positive back into this community for a change.

As much as I did want to see a Witch hunt for every single missing penny on Craig to take place, I much rather he remain under whatever shit-stained rock he is hiding under never to be seen or heard from again. So, I opted for the Pyra option and finally help put this bullshit behind me.

Good job, Link. You've given us something to move forward with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back