Icons Wanted

i like the polaroid idea a lot. i'll work on those very soon.

also, inopia told me that he would implement alpha shading in the menu code (for 32-bit ARGB bitmaps), so i redesigned the icon set to take advantage of that.

here's what they look like...
preview.png

here's the link

edit: just thought i'd point out that the BMP's are not that big.

i like the polaroid idea a lot. i'll work on those very soon.

also, inopia told me that he would implement alpha shading in the menu code (for 32-bit ARGB bitmaps), so i redesigned the icon set to take advantage of that.

here's what they look like...
preview.png

here's the link

edit: just thought i'd point out that the BMP's are not that big.
Those are VERY SEXY, I know which ones ill be using now :lol:
I was going to use the other ones I saw, but the pictures were just ones from a XP Icon pack and dont seem to relitive to SNES.

Btw, do you know a good site that helps vector drawing for noobs like me?

And yes, ive got photoshop cs2 who doesnt B)

Last edited by a moderator:
drak: i'm pretty new to it myself, so take this fwiw, and you probably don't want to hear this but: the best way to learn is to just do it.

the vector tools in photoshop are pretty good, but if you want to go all the way you should try illustrator or inkscape...but just draw a lot as there's not much to it except familiarizing yourself with dragging handles. a good trick is to find a picture of what you want to draw and trace it with the pen tool. here's a decent-looking tutorial (i just skimmed through it though).

also, i should mention, i don't think they'll work just yet. but perhaps in a future version (maybe over the weekend? but it's not my project and i'm not going to put words in anyone's mouth.)

I've made some screenshots of the menu system with alpha blending.

alpha blended menu's (I just took the skin files and added an alpha channel to it):

alpha.jpg

Here are the new icons (really nice btw!) with nicely blended edges:

hipness.png

It's all starting to look pretty good :)

/Inopia out

a couple more... i have added them to the same zip file, available here. many thanks to empyre for the 'snapshot' concept.

preview2.png

edit: i should mention that they don't actually say 'save state' & 'load state' on the bottom and like the others they are 48x48.

This is growing so rapidly... Is this community just full of artists or what? ;) I can't beleive it! And I can't help but to compare these GUIs to the PSP emus out there, and... They must not know how to use Photoshop very well, if at all. Lookin good.

Damn you, March! Why do you have to be so far away!

PS. Night owl here, the supersized KDE clock reminds me it's a quarter past 3:00...

different time zone, everybody knows there are no decent programmers in america :p

Is this menu system going to be available as source for other emu authors who need a good frontend to use on thier emu ports?

That would really rock, we have a lot of emus in 'alpha' stages of development in desperate need of a good frontend.

A nice plugin virtual keyboard system would be great too, if it supported different key layouts for different computers.

drak: i'm pretty new to it myself, so take this fwiw, and you probably don't want to hear this but: the best way to learn is to just do it.

the vector tools in photoshop are pretty good, but if you want to go all the way you should try illustrator or inkscape...but just draw a lot as there's not much to it except familiarizing yourself with dragging handles. a good trick is to find a picture of what you want to draw and trace it with the pen tool. here's a decent-looking tutorial (i just skimmed through it though).

also, i should mention, i don't think they'll work just yet. but perhaps in a future version (maybe over the weekend? but it's not my project and i'm not going to put words in anyone's mouth.)

Thanks, thats real neat! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back