I Think I've Went Insane.

3M, I think, make sheets of printable fabric. If you had a clear plastic template for the screen surround and the keyboard you could bond these to the underside of your 'replica' prints to keep it aligned (with holes for the nubs and D-Pad) and the fabric nature of the print would allow you to use the keys and buttons through it! A bit of gentle stressing (or regular use) of the key areas would make them 'sit' on the keys convincingly.
The rest of the body could be made of a material like thin Neoprene in an appropriate colour (again, with holes for the various ports and switches).

Going on personal experience, that printable fabric is more than a little stiff - it probably wouldn't sit on the keys and buttons properly, unfortunately. :p

Something like this stuff is more feasible, though it wouldn't help the keys or buttons.

(naw)mcx said:
My Pandora arrived :D
5peywh.jpg
Can you get done by the forum Nazis for grave-digging from the same topic?

Anyway here goes... @(naw)mcx I was hoping the screen would have a better resolution of than this.

Your thread again, methinks. :) Boo to Asmo and his variations, they're not real. It's sooo obvious they've been photoshopped. At least yours showed real talent, not a lot, but real nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
may88 said:
(naw)mcx said:
5peywh.jpg

Anyway here goes... @(naw)mcx I was hoping the screen would have a better resolution of than this.

Your thread again, methinks. :) Boo to Asmo and his variations, they're not real. It's sooo obvious they've been photoshopped. At least yours showed real talent, not a lot, but real nonetheless.
:D

Talent is for pussies.

I was planning on cracking out some crayons, but I think my mum binned my Pandora :/

(naw)mcx said:
may88 said:
(naw)mcx said:
5peywh.jpg

:D

Talent is for pussies.

I was planning on cracking out some crayons, but I think my mum binned my Pandora :/

You mean it actually has a colour screen? Wow! I didn't know that. Now the OP Specs Nazis will be pointing me the FAQ and wiki. :p

Bummer you didn't take a back-up of your system (photocopy). :)

edit: normal typos. It's me age!

You realise that somebody here will be going through your bins now?

atomicthumbs said:
doing a google search for "vinyl cut decals" reveals tons of companies that make this kind of thing
We need the Pandora added to this site and we can all make our own custom skins! :)
http://www.skinit.com/selectDevice.php

Tuxedomask29 said:
We need the Pandora added to this site and we can all make our own custom skins! :)
http://www.skinit.com/selectDevice.php
Oh shi-! I can get Twilight skins for my Zodiac! :rolleyes:

I have been reminded of the Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy today, what with people demanding and panicking all over the place.

Asmo, as (naw)mcx has lost his crayons, I need one of your specials to recreate the pandora as "the book" with a nice friendly "Don't Panic" on the cover. As items of hardware goes I think the Pandora is the closest thing to the guide that mankind has managed to produce so far.

"For God's sake mankind you've had two million years months and this is the best you can come up with? Pathetic!", Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz.

HA! I was Just talking to someone about just this. I told them, "Hey, if that offline wikipedia reader works as expected on the Pandora that's just about as close to a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as we can get."

EDIT: My god the spelling and grammar!

I recently discovered that you're all a load of class B Golgafrinchians, which would explain so much!

mindlord said:
HA! I was Just talking to someone about just this. I told them, "Hey, if that offline wikipedia reader works as expected on the Pandora that's just about as close to a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as we can get."
But... but...

...why did you forget about the Amazon Kindle?

kindle.png

Source: http://xkcd.com/548/

Jourdy288 said:
I recently discovered that you're all a load of class B Golgafrinchians, which would explain so much!
And prey tell! Which planet are you visiting from?

Just had an image of Craigik sitting in a bath with a rubber duck, drinking a large GnT. Might be why we've got to wait another two months.
I really must spend some quality time away from this forum.

Has anyone every done a Gnome theme based on Rod Lord's work? <OMG I should have searched first...No this is not the Newbie topic - phew!>

may88 said:
Asmo, as (naw)mcx has lost his crayons, I need one of your specials to recreate the pandora as "the book" with a nice friendly "Don't Panic" on the cover.

OK, a quickie:

pangalacticdora.jpg

Back