I Think I've Went Insane.

Bosbeetle said:
Asmo said:
craigix said:
These would make a good advertising campaign if only in the select places were people would get them

They can be stripped of any troublesome elements if desired (for use elsewhere), I still have them in PSD layers ;)

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9562/pi99.jpg

:lol: moms hair

No I think you'll find that, in fact, that is Ginger the family cat. :)

Edit: Grammar - Can't risk PoisonedV having a go at me for not capitalising my sentence and using full stops.
PoisonedV said:
atrocious grammar

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I'll wait. it's so hard to restrain self...
I'll hold on.

may88 said:
No I think you'll find that, in fact, that is Ginger the family cat. :)

Edit: Grammar - Can't risk PoisonedV having a go at me for not capitalising my sentence and using full stops.
PoisonedV said:
atrocious grammar
Even thought it (she, he???) doesn't use either of those itself :p

That PI-99/4A is why I want the CAD files so I can have a laser-sintered aluminum, steel, or titanium case manufactured. :3

atomicthumbs said:
That PI-99/4A is why I want the CAD files so I can have a laser-sintered aluminum, steel, or titanium case manufactured. :3

So what's your estimated date for completion? lol :D

Jourdy288 said:
Hey Asmo, mind if I post these pics to my Bebo?

If you do, just make sure you re-host them rather than using the links here or they might go down the tubes ;)

pantendospes.jpg

Eeee!! I love that, Asmo, LOVE IT. :D Does that ever bring back some memories.

The SNES is quite possibly my favourite console of all time - if it was possible own a Pandora that really looked like that, I would have one. :lol:

truly awesome work, amos. Someone needs to make these cases, like now. There should be a contest to see who can mod their Pandora like these.

Asmo said:
Jourdy288 said:

If you do, just make sure you re-host them rather than using the links here or they might go down the tubes ;)

pantendospes.jpg
Damn, I started one of those.

It had a cartridge slot instead of SD card slots.

Asmo's is much better mind you!

Asmo said:
I've got to say out of all the different renders, this one is by far my favorite. It just looks so natural. Someone needs to start designing skins with all these different renders (lol).

If you made A4 sized versions of these people could print and stick them to their Pandora.

You can buy all sorts of sticky paper and film to do that with, and there is some excellent software for making the prints.

I used to use design express for it, but there is probably more modern software now.

If there was enough interest we could have some sticky film cut with the key/dpad/buttons removed so you could print your own design. It isn't too expensive to have those custom made.

Asmo said:
Jourdy288 said:

pantendospes.jpg

OMG i love it, the sd ports remind me of the snes controller port, its perfect but i would love the panrio paint mouse addon

and we just keep quoting em even they are sooo large because they are awesome!!!.

confirmed: first batchers, will be able to get their panda on special retro editions using included stickers!
(XD, if he really did there would be no pandora preorders left long ago)

atomicthumbs said:
doing a google search for "vinyl cut decals" reveals tons of companies that make this kind of thing

but some of us require somehow to make it more permanent so it wont wear off after some fraggin rounds.

the hard part remains on the buttons, (maybe using a stencil and so aerograph. will make it for solid color ones)

craigix said:
If you made A4 sized versions of these people could print and stick them to their Pandora.

You can buy all sorts of sticky paper and film to do that with, and there is some excellent software for making the prints.

I used to use design express for it, but there is probably more modern software now.

If there was enough interest we could have some sticky film cut with the key/dpad/buttons removed so you could print your own design. It isn't too expensive to have those custom made.
RITE!?? DAZ WUT AHM SAYIN!

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

for real tho, that'd be great. Hmm... I think I'll mock up a sega genesis sticky...

craigix said:

Good Idea. But I think this works best when the Design is based onto the Black Case (Atari 2600). It is more complicated for SNES I think, maybe they have to repaint the Case to for the grey "base" Colour.
Same for the colored Buttons but the Pandora Factory could do some special colored parts like the ABXY Buttons or the Case itself (Limited Editions?) which will be combined with the right Stickers etc.. :)

fusion_power said:
Good Idea. But I think this works best when the Design is based onto the Black Case (Atari 2600). It is more complicated for SNES I think, maybe they have to repaint the Case to for the grey "base" Colour.
Same for the colored Buttons but the Pandora Factory could do some special colored parts like the ABXY Buttons or the Case itself (Limited Editions?) which will be combined with the right Stickers etc.. :)
That'd be cool, but extremely expensive for OP. Knowing this community tho I'm sure we'll see more than a few 'full conversions' ;] [including myself actually, might have access to a laser etcher & cnc machine among other things thanks to my art-school buddies ;D]

fusion_power said:
craigix said:

Shouldn't really matter the case color as the sticker would have the color in it. Buttons, however, would have to be a custom change.

Back