A Big Thank You To The Whole Gp2X.com Community~

just added a EU power supply to my order, who said anything about canceling

All this talk of the C word ... Surely people ain't concidering it now, now we so close?

Ok some people might be, bills to pay and that, but I'm sure peoples faith is strong right now, mine is anyway, not...long...now...

And a big "you're welcome" to Sony ... Thanks for the thanks, I don't deserve it, but thanks lol

DaMummy said:

You already have it. The power adapter is suitable for multiple regions (you just need to plug in another calbe (the plug on the end looks like an 8 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Mithrildor said:
Im gonna withstand all those trolls because:

I wanna be the very best
Like noone ever was
To game them is my real test
To beat them is my cause
I will travel across the Angstrom OS
Hacking far and wide
Each Pandora to understand
The Omap 3530 that's inside

Pandora!
It's you and my handheld console.
I know it's my destiny
Pandora!
Ooh, you're my best handheld console
In a world we must game
Pandora!
Our wifi chips so true
MWeston's hardware skills will pull us through
You amuse me and I'll game on you
Pandora
Gotta game 'em all!

Every game along the way
With courage I will face
I will game every day
To claim my rightful place
Let me game on you, the time is right
There's no better handheld console
Clamshell open we'll beat all games.
It's always been my dream

LOL!! BEST POST EVER!!

Mithrildor said:

I wanna be the very best
Like noone ever was
To beat them is my cause
Hacking far and wide

Pandora!
I know it's my destiny
Pandora!
In a world we must game
Pandora!
Our wifi chips so true
Pandora
Gotta game 'em all!

Every game along the way
With courage I will face
I will game every day

Had some trouble singing a few parts but very well done sir! You win the internets for today. Please be gentle there's some really gross stuff in there that we don't want coming out... or do we?

Mithrildor said:
DaMummy said:

You already have it. The power adapter is suitable for multiple regions (you just need to plug in another calbe (the plug on the end looks like an 8 )
well yeah thats what i ordered. so i can plug my pandora into a US and EU socket

DaMummy said:
Mithrildor said:
DaMummy said:

well yeah thats what i ordered. so i can plug my pandora into a US and EU socket

What he meant was that the actual PSUs are the same, the detachable cable from the PSU to the wall outlet is the only difference - just a different plug head on the end of it. You don't need a separate PSU, just the connecting cable with the correct AC plug on the end or a simple plug adapter.

3h4U.jpg

Attachments

• 3h4U.jpg
    3h4U.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 91

Attachments

• 3h4U.jpg
    3h4U.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 94
i dont want an adapter, i want a whole new thing that connects the pandora to the socket

DuckMan said:
Mithrildor said:

I wanna be the very best
Like noone ever was
To beat them is my cause
Hacking far and wide

Pandora!
I know it's my destiny
Pandora!
In a world we must game
Pandora!
Our wifi chips so true
Pandora
Gotta game 'em all!

Every game along the way
With courage I will face
I will game every day

Had some trouble singing a few parts but very well done sir! You win the internets for today. Please be gentle there's some really gross stuff in there that we don't want coming out... or do we?

For some reason I just couldn't resist to do a lyrics for that song too :p

I wanna have the very best
A handheld, really bad
For Open-Source, (yes) I am obsessed
Let's search it on the net
Power-on my Linux-PC
Google-Search in Firefox
Hey, what is this, oh let me see
Wow man, this thing ROCKS!

Pandora! (It's the best of all)
It's for you and me
(Now) join the Community
Pandora!
Ooh, I just can't wait
Still 2 months I am afraid
Pandora! (It's the best of all)
I have mailed ED
To pre-order this "baby"
I'm dying, give it to me
Pandora
It's the best of all!

We have had (...) many delays
Most of them Chinese
But now we're close, a matter of days
it's time for a release
The first few are almost out
Now can you guys assist
I have been wondering about
My place on the list?

DaMummy said:
i dont want an adapter, i want a whole new thing that connects the pandora to the socket

You don't need one, just the cable with the correct plug on it, something you may already have for a laptop or portable stereo. The AC supply is in two pieces - the actual PSU that connects to the Pandora, and the AC cable that connects from the PSU to the AC wall outlet. The PSU is the same for all regions, only the plug on the AC cable differs. The AC cable terminates in a 'figure of 8' type head, which connects to the PSU itself.

In other words, if you have ordered a European PSU on top of a US one, you'll have two identical PSUs but two different AC leads. Either PSU could be used in any country.

DaMummy said:
If you order both a US and an EU adapter, they will be exactly the same in every regard except for the pins that plug into the wall. You could, literally, switch the pins around, plugging the US one into an EU socket and the EU one into a US socket and they would both work because there is no difference. It is a smart adapter, capable of handling both EU and US electricity. The only difference is the physical plug, and the plug is a figure 8 standard that can be bought almost anywhere for really cheap and replaced.

ya so were on the same page, and im guessing preorder lady was understanding what i was requesting, that all i needed was the cable that goes from psu to socket...should probably contact her again

Edit:
wait can someone provide a picture of said cable that goes from psu to socket, are eu and us different or is there a universal type thing at the end of the cable?

DaMummy said:
can someone provide a picture of said cable that goes from psu to socket, are eu and us different or is there a universal type thing at the end of the cable?

See the lower picture in SONY's post just above. The cable with the US AC plug on one end and a figure of 8 plug on the other is the only part that differs.
FWIW there's more than one AC socket type in Europe too, if you get a two-pin Euro cable, you'll still need to use an adapter to plug into a UK/Ireland (Greece?) AC outlet. There's no power hazard, it's just the socket design.

ya thats what i had in mind, though i need the EU one, one for bosnia/croatia/serbia to be exact, which is the same as the german one, and she charged me 13 euro, so i take it she charged for a whole nother psu usit but with EU end cable.....correct?

DaMummy said:
ya thats what i had in mind, though i need the EU one, one for bosnia/croatia/serbia to be exact, which is the same as the german one, and she charged me 13 euro, so i take it she charged for a whole nother psu usit but with EU end cable.....correct?
Well, the PSU is the same, the cable between the wall socket and the PSU, is a standard "radio cable" with a "8" connector.
Those PSU's must be 100/240v 50-60Hz like the original PSP PSU, so they're international.
cordon.radio.2.jpg

So I think you'll get a second PSU, and that it'll be shipped with a EU cable, if it's not, you can buy that kind of cable at any electronic store for ~3-5€.
(I have a whole bunch of those cable at home, since many of my dead electronic devices came with one)

Back