I Got It!

Mithrildor said:
He is a liar! Pandoras where tested to be working in factory, so it cant be true...

Well, yeah, it COULD happen - but it would be weird.
First, they are tested in the factory, then we are testing them here, then we are assembling them and then we are flashing the Firmware... so yeah, of course, any unit could stop working, it ALWAYS happens with electronic devices, but it's not that likely.

Last edited:
Ok, whe have the first bugfix, so if i switsh my pandora the first time on, i folow the installer on the screen, than i instal the bugfix, and than the codex packet, is there any dangourus than that the pandora dont work??

i wont my unit now!!! :rolleyes:

cosurgi said:
ZoxFox said:
4638208853_3a735aa7eb.jpg

hurray we have to tweak the mould once more! :ph34r:
nah. I'd prefer it looking worse. Less appealing - less prone to stealing.
I had this thought - deliberately make some of the 'special edition' units ugly. As in no paint, use a random mixture of different colored recycled plastic bits - preferably with lots of white, blue, green and red pellets - pushed through the mold to form swirly crazed cases. No two would be the same. It would have an almost grunge-punk look. Kind of like steam punk only more 80s. Yeah, this probably isn't going to happen.

EvilDragon said:
Mithrildor said:
He is a liar! Pandoras where tested to be working in factory, so it cant be true...

First, they are tested in the factory, then we are testing them here, then we are assembling them and then we are flashing the Firmware... so yeah, of course, any unit could stop working, it ALWAYS happens with electronic devices, but it's not that likely.
Are we still talking about the troll's post about receiving a non-working unit that he canceled but didn't order in the first place? Or did someone have a legitimate issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Grench said:
EvilDragon said:
Mithrildor said:

Are we still talking about the troll's post about receiving a non-working unit that he canceled but didn't order in the first place? Or did someone have a legitimate issue?

Still talking about the Troll.

-God Ginrai

kollau said:
jb0yx said:
30 SEP 2008
approximate 200-250 on ed's list.
I asked my position earlier this year.
Hm, I got 263x and I thought I'm pretty much at the end of the list.

well if 27xx is indeed 200 - 250 then it's also waiting for me for the next shipment of cases :)

And yes, one more non German who ordered trough ED's store :)

Ho well, at least by then the software will be ironed out even more... :D

Grench said:
Kind of like steam punk only more 80s. Yeah, this probably isn't going to happen.
Actually the 80's represented the peak of the aesthetic and cultural elements that steampunk tries to romanticize and -- oh. Wait. You meant the 1980s. My mistake.

matzesu said:
Ok, whe have the first bugfix, so if i switsh my pandora the first time on, i folow the installer on the screen, than i instal the bugfix, and than the codex packet, is there any dangourus than that the pandora dont work??

No, you will always be able to boot from an SD card or over USB/Serial to get a working image installed. It's unbrickable!

Polossatik said:
kollau said:
jb0yx said:
30 SEP 2008
approximate 200-250 on ed's list.
I asked my position earlier this year.

well if 27xx is indeed 200 - 250 then it's also waiting for me for the next shipment of cases :)

And yes, one more non German who ordered trough ED's store :)

Ho well, at least by then the software will be ironed out even more... :D

Here is one more non-german :p

Nice to know, my order number is somewhere in the 2400's, so that would mean that I would get it quite soon!

Whilst delighted as everybody else that it's finally shipping (hoping I get mine before the weekend, I'm about 300-400), I must say that I'm a tad concerned about that case blemish issue. I just assumed they were PERFECT. They obviously aren't. Oh well, lets hope mine looks better in the flesh. Enjoy your Pandora's you jammy tossers!

And another non-german here, although my case is slightly different (ordered pretty early on 30 SEPT 2008, then switched to ED´s shop after the bank disaster and being unable to reorder at Craig´s shop because of a dodgy IBAN code :angry: )

Order number 33xx, but reported my original order date and time to ED in order to keep my place in the queue so maybe I´m one of the lucky bastards to join the party next week :D

Did you get the USB cable to connect with PC? Squidge told once that such thing exists:

Squidge said:
It's the same cable as was provided with the GP2X, and it does exactly the same as the gp2x. Even if the Pandora doesn't come with one, you can use the gp2x one, or buy one for £2.75. All it does is give your Pandora an IP address which you use as a standard ethernet connection (ssh, telnet, samba, etc.. anything you can do over a regular IP address).

For reference, see:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45602-eth-usb-host-to-host-cable/page__p__676415&#entry676415

So soon I'll know if it was indeed necessary for me to buy this cable. Or not.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45602

kollau said:

lol, I dislexicly thought you were talking about the x263 video codec so I was like wtf! What does it have to do with the order list? :lol:

I'm in Austria, I ordered the second I could get to the online order page when it went live, and my Pandoras are on their way to me already, Royal Mail (grr... should've done UPS!) .. so hang in there, German dudes, things won't be so bad ..

Back