Dumb little query..

andyhamer

Does the Pandora come with a European (two pronged) power supply/plug as standard, i've noticed this (at least i think i have) in a few unboxing photos & videos, and if so what is preferable a socket converter or new cable? (UK customer)

The AC cable is separate to the transformer itself too, so even if you got the wrong one it just needs a figure 8 AC cable of the right type, the same as the one on many laptops, camera chargers, small HiFi stuff etc.

Or you just cut the head off and attach a plug, much better than an adaptor ;)

Yeah I'm guessing that they got different end cords so that whatever country your in you end up with the type of plug you need, because I got an American plug too. So since your in the UK you'll probably get the one the one you need.

What country uses those two flat prongs? - that's what I got, and I can't use it - so I had to dig around for another cable.

In South Africa we use 3-pin and 2-pin, but they're *round*! :)

What country uses those two flat prongs?
North America, Japan, and I think a couple of others as well. :p (I have a number of gizmos from these places, usually plugged into a stepdown.)

Last edited by a moderator:
just some extra confirmation for you: I'm in the UK and I received a UK plug.

The only dumb thing about this thread is its title, imo.

Titles exist so one knows what a thread is about /before/ clicking on it.

I don't see why everyone just can't use the same style outlets Would that make to much since? :huh:

Or are the countries just trying to prove which is best. :p

I don't see why everyone just can't use the same style outlets Would that make to much since? :huh:

Or are the countries just trying to prove which is best. :p
What would you propose? ;) We all use very different electricity supplies.

For example, UK plugs are rather large, but they're fitted with fuses, and our plugs and sockets are generally very safe. Other regions do things differently.

Officially, the main reason the plugs are kept different is because each region supplies a differenct amount of current through its lines, and plugging devices into the wrong sockets could end up messily.

Unofficially, nobody wants to have thir standards dictated by the US, which it would be if there was a standard set. (One particular annnoyance for me, if unrelated to the topic, is how the official worldwide spelling of 'sulphur' is now 'sulfur', just because US scientists spell it differently.)

[…] (One particular annnoyance for me, if unrelated to the topic, is how the official worldwide spelling of 'sulphur' is now 'sulfur', just because US scientists spell it differently.)

And why do they spell aluminium "aluminum"? It's utterly ridiculous!

cause america isnt "they" its everyone else thats "they" you people and your off-center-of-universe languages and stuff. the reason people pray to the east is because when people though the earth was flat, everyone considered the USA to be the most east place on earth. this here is the holiest of unholy lands. i dont understand why you outsiders cant get with the program already, its year 235 already.

cause america isnt "they" its everyone else thats "they" you people and your off-center-of-universe languages and stuff. the reason people pray to the east is because when people though the earth was flat, everyone considered the USA to be the most east place on earth. this here is the holiest of unholy lands. i dont understand why you outsiders cant get with the program already, its year 235 already.

Sorry be pick at this as being wrong but, the 'Flat Earth' Theory died in Ancient Greece. Long before the America's were even discovered. The first to theorise about a spherical Earth was Aristotle in 300 BC and the Earth's Circumference was first calculated, to be 250,000 stades (approx 250,000*175 m), by Eratosthenes in 240 BC. The Earth is not actually a sphere but an oblique spheroid, a slightly wonky egg-shape.

Back