I Always Laugh When I Think About How You Guys Got Scammed

DRED

Still Fresh
I was ready to also pull the trigger on the pandora years ago. Lucky I didn't. So I was almost in the same boat as many of you.

But I did check back every so often to see the progress on the pandora. I could not believe it when every six months or so when checking the forum that the pandora was still not ready. Years went by and many of you were still hanging and on the waiting list. It was unbelievable.

Then to even make it worse they offered people to cut the line for paying more money. LOL. That must have really been the icing on the cake and the guy told you poeple that it was to get even more money to help make production faster. LOL, this guy was just cashing in on everything he could.

He was obviously too cheap to hire extra help.

This Brit must have lauged his ass off all the way to the bank.

Then to top it off it looked like many of the pandoras had d-pad controller issues when this was the biggest selling point to have a good d-pad.

The pandora was probably obsolete years ago and you can get the latest android devices that are so much better, and if you want a good joystick just buy one of the many joysticks made for the android. I'm loving my android, and will be buying a note 2 for all the new old-school type RPGs being made for it now.

Hopefully some of you can laugh about this whole thing here with me and see this whole thing for what it was.

Your mother must be very proud of you, taking time out of your obviously busy schedule to bring us these encouraging words of pure wisdom.

Well I guess you guys are still not over it. I expected some flaming. But I still wait for someone who can laugh at the situation.

DRED said:
Well I guess you guys are still not over it. I expected some flaming. But I still wait for someone who can laugh at the situation.

Not over what exactly? I got my Pandora in June 2010..

Posting your flame-bait laden post on this forum this late in the game is like 
arriving at a party just as the last guests are leaving.

The parties in the next street, Link provided by Yoshi, You'll get more of a reaction over there.

The problem is that there's no creativity here. "lolz, you guys paid money and got nothing. SCAAAAMSSS!!!!!!"
Nothing new here, it's been discussed dozens of times, and trolled even more by people far more (and some less) clever than yourself.  We can't laugh at the situation because there's nothing new to laugh at: you are boring.  If you want a genuine reaction at least try to be original, or stop wasting everyone's time.

Obviously, you've never used a Pandora.
Android is so much better, err what? Even Kickstart 1.2 is better than Android. Anyway, have fun with your quad core smartphone (which is off course much cheaper, not). Yeah, a crippled Linux is what we need. :unsure:

WizardStan said:
The problem is that there's no creativity here. "lolz, you guys paid money and got nothing. SCAAAAMSSS!!!!!!"
Nothing new here, it's been discussed dozens of times, and trolled even more by people far more (and some less) clever than yourself.  We can't laugh at the situation because there's nothing new to laugh at: you are boring.  If you want a genuine reaction at least try to be original, or stop wasting everyone's time.

That, and I've never heard of someone having dpad issues with Pandora. He's probably thinking of iCP1.

He also probably doesn't realize that barring the recently received iCP2 funds Craig has been perpetually broke, so if he was laughing to the bank it must have been due to finally snapping.

Exophase said:
Nothing new here, it's been discussed dozens of times, and trolled even more by people far more (and some less) clever than yourself. We can't laugh at the situation because there's nothing new to laugh at: you are boring. If you want a genuine reaction at least try to be original, or stop wasting everyone's time.
That, and I've never heard of someone having dpad issues with Pandora. He's probably thinking of iCP1.

He also probably doesn't realize that barring the recently received iCP2 funds Craig has been perpetually broke, so if he was laughing to the bank it must have been due to finally snapping.
Craig is many things but stupid he's not. I don't believe that Craig would ever put himself into a position of personally bankruptcy. Craig has proven to be a super salesman and now I believe he has sold everyone on the idea that he is broke to escape creditors. It was ingenious of Craig to finance Pandora through the community. Banks would have been merciless but because of his longtime connection with this community he can use their sympathy. Craig has always been elusive about giving away any information but strangely he just openly reveals his financial situation for all when his Pandora company is suffering. Unless someone has actually seen his statements there is no way to confirm whether he is broke or not. There is just no way he could be financially suffering and then start a new iCP2 project from scratch even with the aid of Kickstarter. He's maybe not swimming in cash but I don't buy that he's broke.

I mean OP does kind of have a point. I don't have a pandora so I can't attest, but it seems like the pandora  never found it's sweet spot time-wise as the gp2x did.

I know I would have bought one if it had.

purple_goat said:
I mean OP does kind of have a point. I don't have a pandora so I can't attest, but it seems like the pandora  never found it's sweet spot time-wise as the gp2x did.

I know I would have bought one if it had.
I think the problem was that so few people got them and over such a large time scale. If there had been a large number of machines readily available and at a price-point closer to that of GP2X then the community and the software base would have been much larger which would have also fuelled further growth.

It was never designed to be a mass-market machine, but it never stood a chance of even becoming a cult machine due to the problems encountered - both then and now.

EvilDragon said:
6000 Pandoras have been delivered so far, about 500 still outstanding.
Beeing in these 500 is ... outstanding. Not.

@DRED: You're trolling here, but actually you're right. Just it is not funny for me, because of  obvious reasons. Well maybe a little bit, but not for this project: When I saw same pattern at Craig's routine at ICP2 project, and same reaction of vicitms, I started to laugh and feel pitty that I did not study behaviorism.

Well firstly the original poster is pretty stupid, just to post 'nur nur you lot got scammed....' etc. Bit pathetic, the next time he messes up with something i bet he would hate people saying 'ha ha look at your....'

It seems that 'most' Pandoras have been sent out but either way its been quite some time !!!

I used to love coming to this site during the great GP32/GP2X days, loved it, sad to see it so quiet now. Must have been 8 years ago now ! I remember it was 8 years as i was getting married and 'ahem' was hoping my GP2X would be sent to me quickly so i could take it on my honeymoon (who says romance is dead !) ;)

But i will admit after all the 'issues' with the Pandora i'm stunned people were quite happy to give money to Craig for the iControlpad 2. Surely people would have been extra cautious after whats happened previously ? I dont want to see anyone lose money but i cant believe they just chucked their money at him with the kickstarter.

In todays day and age of twitter/forums etc, all it takes is one minute to log on, give an update and sign off. The way the iControlpad 2 crowd are simply getting ignored is terrible, no wonder so many of them are getting so annoyed/angry.

psj3809 said:
But i will admit after all the 'issues' with the Pandora i'm stunned people were quite happy to give money to Craig for the iControlpad 2.
My thought process was "he's made a lot of mistakes with the Pandora, but not necessarily mistakes that I wouldn't have made as well if I were doing something like this with no experience. Surely he has learned something and won't be making the same mistakes again".
Oh how naive, to think that someone might learn from (or at least admit) their mistakes.

Well sadly it looks like a lot of people have lost their money to the iControlPad 2 disaster.

Disgusting the way Craig's gone super quiet, hope a lot of those backers get the police involved. Craig wouldnt like to be scammed/lose money to someone, yet its okay for him to do it to others ?

Hope he gets whats coming to him, you just cant treat people like that

wow!! EvilDragon posting in a troll thread.. I know things are quiet now!

I don't understand what's so wrong about the iCP 2 thing. I haven't been following it but Craig always seemed to pull through before..

Craig isn't going to come out smelling of roses this time.

The iCP2 project is cancelled and people are wanting refunds (there is some money, but not enough to repay everyone the whole amount pledged on KS). Many are still smarting due to not getting a refund for their Pandora pre-orders. Armchair accountants and solicitors are trying to work out how everything went so wrong and where all the money went.

Craig, of course, is not providing any answers, but is trying to wash his hands of the whole sorry saga. Those same armchair accountants and solicitors are trying to prevent him from doing so and make him actually face up to his responsibilities.

Back