I think I have a rogue battery. Any ideas before I return it ?

WorldTripping

Hi,

So when I bought my Pandora I ordered a spare battery. The unit arrived with a battery in it's case ready to go into the machine (Battery A) and my spare all bubble wrapped up (Battery B) .

I'd been running off battery A since I got the machine. It charged to 100%. The red light came on when you plugged the charger in, and the battery status changed to "Charging" when you did so.

So I charged Battery A and put it away to be my spare whilst I used Battery B. It discharged OK first time, but then seemed to take forever to charge, and only got to 84%. Then the red light indicating charging became intermittent. I used the battery until about 20% remained and managed to get a red light before leaving it overnight. In the morning the charge was down to 3% and I needed to put Battery A back in.

So I have had, one initial discharge, one charge to 84%, used that discharge and now the battery does not recognise that it is plugged in.

Anyone any ideas before I post it back ?

Seated it properly? Do the contacts make all good contact? Are the contactpads corroded or is the battery a bit loose in the compartment?

Try charging / uncharging it a few times with that battery.

At the moment I can't do that. Battery B does not charge at all. The red light does not come on and the battery status stays at "Discharging"

My fully working Battery A is in the unit charging at the moment. I'll give Battery B another go in a bit.

Cheers.

Okay, if it doesn't charge at all, yeah, it's broken.

Contact your distributor for a new one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, ffs.

I swear I tried this countless times yesterday and have been willing that little red light to appear..

I just swapped batteries, and put Battery B in to give it one more chance and the thing started charging.

I'll give it a few hours to see if it gets to 100%.

I'll post in a bit and hopefully mark this [solved]

Cheers everyone.

Ah well, I tried.

It sticks at 83% again and has been there for hours now.

I took it out and started charging again and it doesn't want to go any higher.

I'm going to give it overnight then it looks like it's going in a jiffy bag to Craig.

Thanks for all the replys.

Now that it's charged, try discharging it fully, power it off and leave it for an hour (this is important, apparently) and then fully recharging it again. Sometimes the battery gauge needs a cycle or two to properly understand the unique chemistry of the battery.

It looks like a battery is the least of my worries.

The screen now only works in the upright position, any other position and it turns off.

So I think it'll be getting posted back to Craig tomorrow.

Back