Release Hyper Rogue

mcobit

Advanced Member
This is a recompile of HyperRouge.

http://www.roguetemple.com/z/hyper.php

https://www.youtube.com/embed/J1J_C5H_o0o?feature=oembed

This was done with lunixbochs LibGL.

I tried my best to make the controls pandorafriendly but as this has diagonal turn based movement, it is very hard to simulate diagonals using the dpad.

You can move left,right,up.down with the dpad, but for diagonals you can als use the vi keys (hjklyubn) or (asdqwezxc).

You can move around on the map with the actionbuttons and rotate with the shoulderbuttons.

. will pass a turn without action. Space centers the view.

F1 is help.

Press v for the ingamemenu.

You can also play with the stylus/nubs by clicking where you want to go.

If you have a GHz Pandora you can play this game in red/cyan 3D (you will need those glasses).

Set the eye distance higher or lower in the menu.This was done with lunixbochs LibGL.

Controls:

Touchscreen:
Tap and hold where you want to go. Lift stylus to move.

Actionbuttons/D-Pad:
Move with the D-Pad. For diagonals, hold left or right shoulderbutton and push up/down.

Joystick:
Move the left Joystick in the direction you want to go in and release to move.
Press "p" for alternative joystickmode:
Move Joystick in the direction you want to go, hold it and press the A button to move.

F1 is help.
Press v for the ingamemenu.
You can also play with the stylus/nubs by clicking where you want to go.

If you have a GHz Pandora you can play this game in red/cyan 3D (you will need those glasses).
Set the eye distance higher or lower in the menu.

Version 4.2.0.2:
Based on newest codebase. Zeno Rogue (the original author) added a lot of new controloptions.
Thanks a lot. They work really well.

Have a lot of fun!

Download from the repo:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=hyperrogue

Last edited by a moderator:
looks very nice!

I would use the nubs to indicate a direction (with highlight) and a small delay before movement, or a button push to actually move...

Hmmm. Yeah. Thought of something like this. I can try to implement joystick movement, but as I am not a programmer it might take a while.

If somebody has a patch, the source is in the pnd.

Edit: I will also try to contact the author about it and point him to this thread. Maybe he has an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated:

Controls:

Touchscreen:
Tap and hold where you want to go. Lift stylus to move.

Actionbuttons/D-Pad:
Move with the D-Pad. For diagonals, hold left or right shoulderbutton and push up/down.

Joystick:
Move the left Joystick in the direction you want to go in and release to move.
Press "p" for alternative joystickmode:
Move Joystick in the direction you want to go, hold it and press the A button to move.

Version 4.2.0.2:
Based on newest codebase. Zeno Rogue (the original author) added a lot of new controloptions.
Thanks a lot. They work really well.

There is a new version on the repo. As Zeno Rogue (original author) now has a Pandora, too he has updated the port to the latest version ans fixed some controlproblems and other things.

Back