Hu6280 1.03 Out!!

I don't understand why, but Hu6280 does not work for me... I select the game (with B button) and some options appears. After that i press again the B button and the emulator hangs... ??? :( :blink: :unsure: :huh:

PD: Firmware 2.0, zipped roms with long names, paths changed (correctly i think) in the .ini file...

As far as I know zipped roms are not supported yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
:(

One of my favorite shooters of all time crashes; Tatsujin ... at 200mhz, freezes after a minute or so, then dumps back to the GP2X menu; at 233mhz (which is 7-8 FPS too fast) has some gltiches; after getting a power-up, the ship moves to the upper-left corner of the screen, and stays there until destroyed.

Anyone feel like tracking down which version of hu6280 stopped running Tatsujin? It used to work fine a few weeks ago, I played it all the way to the end!

Vobbo

Tested and confirmed working in the very last version (1.02) BUT, a short while after grabbing the first power up the sound gets nasty buzzy....but the game does not freeze.

And btw (and I hate to say this) but the sound in v1.02 is better than in v1.03 for some reason. FOr a quick compare, just listen to Bonk's Revenge (even the demo mode) The latest version of your emulator doesn't sound as good as the last. Anything major changed other than that volume control?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see another new release, any idea when the "now working" key settings in the inifile will be actually "now working"?

As for sound, Parasol Stars seems unchanged for me from 1.03, however that release was getting pretty solid results anyway.

Nice work! Just tested v1.04, and Tatsujin is fixed (as stated) and the sound seems to be the best of any previous release. Now time to bust out my old PC Engine CD-Roms in preparation for the weekend!

Vobbo deserves the donations regardless. The emulator is incredible. Try it with TV Out for a very nice experience!

Back